Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

wanna make 25 dollars?

Discussion on wanna make 25 dollars? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
wanna make 25 dollars?

yea this sounds gay but it's got to the point i'm pretty much desperate. i've switched isp's and got the server up and running on the new ip, but every time i try to log into it with the new server.dat the client says it can't read the server.dat and i need to re-install the game. pretty sure the issue is the ip format but why i'm not sure. it will accept any ip in this format 11.11.111.111
but it won't accept a hamachi ip or a static ip. the static ip format is 111.11.111.111 and my hamachi ip format is 1.111.111.111 i've tried a loader and everything i can imagine. so if you can actually help me get it working i'd be glad to give you 25 dollars. thank you.
Old 07/02/2009, 22:38   #2

If it's CoEmu

dont put your ip in your server.dat

IT HAS to be 127.0.0.1 for the computer that has the server...

For people connecting to you it has to be the IP you use for your server
Old 07/02/2009, 23:13   #3

i'm useing the 5056 binary and i have the server running on my new ip but i just can't get the client to accept it. since i am useing 2 connection for the moment since thats the only way people can log into the game. if i can get the client to accept the ip then i can log in on that connection. any ideas? i have teamviewer
Old 07/02/2009, 23:28   #4

Does thread help you? Sorry I don't have a clue about Binary but I still wanna try and help you.
Old 07/02/2009, 23:33   #5

no, but i really appreciate your efforts thank you.
Old 07/02/2009, 23:42   #6

3rd post "zbest"
Old 07/02/2009, 23:48   #7

no i saw that one last night.
#request thread closed i cancelled my new internet service so guess it won't matter now. just got tired of fooling with it.
Old 07/03/2009, 01:36   #8

LOL. He cancelled it cause it was to lazy to learn something xD
Old 07/03/2009, 02:35   #9

no honestly i been trying for weeks to get help with this problem and no one has been able to offer a solution that would work. man i would want nothing more than to figure it out but i'm stumped. seriously if i could have figured it out i would have paid for the info i was so stressed out. but really whats the sense of having a 20 mbps down 4 mbps up connection sitting useless on your desktop? really if i could come up with an answer i would call them back and say turn it back on and compensate the person who helped me.
Old 07/03/2009, 02:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshemaun View Post
no honestly i been trying for weeks to get help with this problem and no one has been able to offer a solution that would work. man i would want nothing more than to figure it out but i'm stumped. seriously if i could have figured it out i would have paid for the info i was so stressed out. but really whats the sense of having a 20 mbps down 4 mbps up connection sitting useless on your desktop? really if i could come up with an answer i would call them back and say turn it back on and compensate the person who helped me.
Run the server on 127.0.0.1 , and so run login server on this IP.Download the *** loader , leave the IP in there as 127.0.0.1.Now I betcha you wanna know why I told you to do that?Because 127.0.0.1 is default , and should work on every computer.If that doesnt work , then do a format or a new OS or summtin I donno.But im 90% sure that im right about 127.0.0.1.
Old 07/03/2009, 05:19   #11

no your not right actually. the server runs just fine on other ip address that have the same format. the server been running for 4 months with no prob. i've set up other people's servers for them to on team viewer. but this is the first time we have encountered this problem and it's the first time we used a ip with this set of numbers. tried loaders and that don't do it either. thanks for trying to help. if u come up with anything else please let me know.
Old 07/03/2009, 10:42   #12

request a different ip from your isp ?
Old 07/03/2009, 16:35   #13

yea thats exactly what i did and they said that they purchase their address in a certain block range and are unable to give me a ip address in the format that i need to get it working. but thing i don't understand is even when i tried a hamachi ip i could goto my forums by typing it in my internet browser so it was making the connection just fine. but the client (conquer.exe) still hated the ip. i even used a few different loaders and still had the couldn't read server.dat issue. for the life of me i can't understand why it would have a problem with an ip in any format but this : 11.11.111.111 freaken nuts anyone have any suggestion? still willing to compensate. if i can't get this working then my only option is to purchase a link balancing router. and those things are exspensive as hell.
Old 07/04/2009, 03:37   #14

elite*gold: 20
i think u have one of 2 solutions
1- crazy and very stupid though but might work ,if it does accept any format but this 11.11.111.111 then try this 11.011.111.111 , the point is that the client will read it as a string but the protocol will read it as 11.11.111.111 , once again , crazy and stupid but who knows , let me know :P

2-guaranteed but may be not easy for u to do ,dunno , create a proxy and keep ur server.dat as 127.0.0.1 then the proxy controls the changing of the IP
Old 07/05/2009, 16:32   #15

actually that was a great idea, it's kinda wild really i had an odd result with it. my hamachi number i did that with 001.111.111.111 and for me it worked fine i connected no problem but no one else could if they used that ip. but when i tried it with my static ip i had no success what i think happened was since the hamachi shows up as a connection on my computer it was able to re-route the ip to my new static number. but no one else could connect that wasn't on local host. whats even weirder to me is the ip that people have in their client to log into my server is the origonal dynamic one and the server at the time was running on my static one. well they could still connect. but a drunk driver hit my telephone pole and my dynamic ip that they always used to connect died but no one dc-ed from the game. but no one could log in. to bad my client won't freaken accept my server.dat. hell that makes me wonder about a dial up just to log in lol.