Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]Several Questions

Discussion on [Help]Several Questions within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]Several Questions

I have noticed recently that..the conquer community is much less willing to help people who are trying to learn. My most recent...and annoying problem is setting up an NPC, and no don't just link me to the "basic NPC setup" or "NPC for those who can't code" cause those are easy to do. This thread is basically to help myself, as well as others with a Shop NPC and the CPShop to be made to sell different and custom items. if anyone can help...or point me somewhere I can get help please PM or just reply here. Thanks in advanced;

Nushizu
Old 06/30/2009, 23:22   #2

elite*gold: 20
Depends on what source ur useing
Old 07/01/2009, 02:55   #3

CoEmu =p
Old 07/01/2009, 03:06   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by nushizu View Post
CoEmu =p
Ooh thank *** :P

I dunno, I think it's mostly the incessant nagging of all the loft noobs running around going OMG HOW I USE?!

I spent the better part of a day fighting with coemu getting it all setup before I ever made a single post about it. You know why? Cause I READ STUFF!

Sure it took me a while to get it setup (cause I suck at this stuff sometimes) But once I got it setup I had a much better understanding of the source. So far I haven't done alot of my own coding but I'm already getting to understand what I'm doing which is better off then 90 pct of the nubs who come around here making a thread for no reason.

That's why most of the people are so "anti noob" around here. I'm trying to learn and I'm trying to put what I learn to use to help others. I probably wont be releasing all my scripts I make but you can bet I will be writing some simple guides and explaining how to fix some things for people who want to learn. Spoon feeding is not the answer, giving them some oatmeal and a pot is. That way they know how to do it in the future and have more appreciation for the work they put into their project.
Old 07/01/2009, 03:11   #5

I hear you. I took so long to set up the ****** source... and as it turned out I did something stupid lol. I dont want someone to do it for me, but detailed steps never hurt anyone xD lookit cook books and such, they do the same; But you learn how to do it along the way. I learn quickly otherwise I wouldnt be trying this. but to any who can help with my questions, have my highest thanks

Nushizu
Old 07/01/2009, 03:16   #6

Quote:
I hear you. I took so long to set up the bloody source... and as it turned out I did something stupid lol. I dont want someone to do it for me, but detailed steps never hurt anyone xD lookit cook books and such, they do the same; But you learn how to do it along the way. I learn quickly otherwise I wouldnt be trying this. but to any who can help with my questions, have my highest thanks

Nushizu
I haven't tried to do anything with the shopping mall (other then putting in the fixed script for it that was posted on here already) But I'd say if you are looking to change it/add stuff to it that would be the place to start seeing as it was fixing the prices and everything that were in the mall.

Has links to lots of scripts (I'm sure you've seen that thread already but it's good to have an extra link, I've had to refer to it a bunch of times lol)

Thread with the mall script in it

<edit>

with a 2 second look at that thread I don't think it's what you really need to add items. Looks more like a buying script and possibly money calculation (just glanced at it lol, I could be wrong)

Annnddd looking at database/source I don't see any obvious section that would have it.

Makes me really miss the hacked tq server for eudemons.. that thing was awesome. Everything was stored in the database, easy to find, edit, fix, translate etc.

Lots of work to do on it but at least everything was plain and simple... course noobs still couldn't seem to make heads or tails of it :P
Old 07/01/2009, 03:30   #7

well... when you're adding the NPC in the DB on the CoEmu there is the "NPCs"(most obvious) the "TNPCs" which from what I've taken note of deals with the Scarecrow and Stakes in TG and lastly there is "TQNPCs" which deals with the same thing that NPCs does, but on a higher level. what I dont get is how to make the change from a scripted npc to a shop... for example in the source code it contains your average quest and warehouse npc type deal, but in ther debug folder there is a "Shop.dat" which is the reuirement for a shop npc.... in my specific case I added an extra changed all nessisary info to 5000001. BUT when I click on said NPC at first I tried the meshID hoping that would solve it..foolish thought heh heh, it's all in the flags is my guess but the right one is my guess... on the TQ ones its flaged as 1 but...after trying that the error..welll not an error, just not what I want. it says Error NPC 5000001 not scripted. Makes me wanna hit my head offa ****** wall. Sorry for the massive *** post.

Nushizu
Old 07/01/2009, 03:37   #8

Quote:
well... when you're adding the NPC in the DB on the CoEmu there is the "NPCs"(most obvious) the "TNPCs" which from what I've taken note of deals with the Scarecrow and Stakes in TG and lastly there is "TQNPCs" which deals with the same thing that NPCs does, but on a higher level. what I dont get is how to make the change from a scripted npc to a shop... for example in the source code it contains your average quest and warehouse npc type deal, but in ther debug folder there is a "Shop.dat" which is the reuirement for a shop npc.... in my specific case I added an extra changed all nessisary info to 5000001. BUT when I click on said NPC at first I tried the meshID hoping that would solve it..foolish thought heh heh, it's all in the flags is my guess but the right one is my guess... on the TQ ones its flaged as 1 but...after trying that the error..welll not an error, just not what I want. it says Error NPC 5000001 not scripted. Makes me wanna hit my head offa ****** wall. Sorry for the massive *** post.

Nushizu
Ooh *** don't get me started on npc's.

I think I spent over 2 hours messing around with them earlier trying to get the **** name/model to show properly (when I'd change it it would change ALL npc's of that type even if I had more then one of them in the database) I eventually gave up and now I have 2 diff npcs in tc called FreeItems. I'll fix it later but yahhhh... annoying.
Old 07/01/2009, 04:16   #9

Shop NPCs is what I'm worried about I got the rest of it down :P
Old 07/01/2009, 05:10   #10

I won't give a step by step guide on how to do it, it's been awhile since I've done such, and when I did, it was for a 5017 client and LOTF.

Once you've made the NPC in the database, go into your CoEmu Source, get into the game server debug folder, and open Shop.Dat. It's pretty straight forward how it works. Editting this will only complete the server side function for it though. Then go into your Client folder, enter the ini folder, open the Shop.Dat there, and do the same. Make sure each client connecting has the new Shop.Dat patched into it, otherwie, they will not be able to use the shop. I believe that's all there is to it, as I said, been awhile, but if there are any issues, just compare the info for your NPC in the database with other shop NPC's, to make sure everything is set right. And if you still have issues, post, and I'll perhaps figure it out more indepth when I have the time to do so.

Edit: Don't forget to increase the Header amount in the Shop.Dat 1 everytime you add a new NPC.
Old 07/01/2009, 06:31   #11

good news and bad news.... the changing clietn side works... if I were to say alter an existing npc... mind you even when I change what he's selling it still doesnt change when I try to buy it? but it changed what he sold... in a visual sense. my custom one still gives me the same ****** error xD
Old 07/01/2009, 06:46   #12

I'm assuming you did change the Shop.Dat in the source game server aswell... I'll take a look at the source fast and see what I can come up with.

Edit: It doesn't seem like anything else needs to be done really. But normally that issue would only present itself if the server side change wasn't reading. If you did change the server side Shop.dat aswell, try opening the project, building, and debugging, then run the server again. Maybe that could be the cause, aside from that, not sure, but if it persists, leave a message, and later I will attempt making a new shop to see if I can find the problem.
Old 07/01/2009, 08:40   #13

Some progress, I tried adding the shop into where the other well by other I mean scare crows and such but instead of geting the not scripted error **** I can see items... just not buy them persay lol its a step in the right direction though.... in lotf was so much easier to do this lol they shoulda kept adding npcs that simple xD well I just tried to compile it now, still cant buy... but I'm getting closer, I also noted on lotf the unique glow is shown in the bg of the shop, but not here...I'm still doing something wrong

Nushizu
Old 07/01/2009, 09:33   #14

Hmm... Well, hope you have a bit of luck figuring it out, if not, I'll try making a shop NPC in maybe 4-5 hours, unfortunatly don't have the time to do it right now.
Old 07/01/2009, 18:43   #15

it's all good... at least I'm closer now, I just have to figure out the rest of it lol, shouldnt me too to hard. post your resaults too =D Thanks for the help though.

#Request close

Nushizu