Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ManagedOpenSSL

Discussion on ManagedOpenSSL within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ManagedOpenSSL

No, I don't have one to give to x64 bit users .

The information pertaining to getting the gameserver to run on x64 systems is rather vague, regardless of how far one were to search. The basic jist I am getting... and the only one... is that the ManagedOpenSSL dll needs to be rebuilt to reference libeay64 and the name of libeay32.dll needs changed to libeay64.dll. Although I fail to see how that works out, I'm a novice to most C# and just don't know.
So, the basic principle here is to:
1. Disassemble ManagedOpenSSL.dll
2. re-reference all instances of libeay32
3. Rebuild ManagedOpenSSL.dll
4. Swap and rename libeay32

In that case, what programs would I need in order to decompile and rebuild the library. Or is there an easier way to do it.

I praise the one that would post a guide to fixing it

edit: don't ask why i want it running on a x64 system as well as my x32 system
Old 06/11/2009, 15:16   #2

If you have Visual Studio, and not express, you can just compile it for 32-bit mode and it'll run lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/11/2009, 15:48   #3

elite*gold: 20
There's no reason to disasseble ManagedOpenSsl, since it's source is available, and you can just rebuild it. The problem lies not with the ManagedOpenSsl library, but with OpenSSL itself. libeay32 is built as 32 bit. If you need a 64 bit version, you would need to download openssl () and build a 64 bit binary (One thing to note here is, any dependencies also need to be built 64 bit). It'll probably be very awkward if you're not familiar with C and the configure/make system. (You'll need MSYS on Windows to ./configure).

If you did manage to build that as libeay64.dll, you could then use this in place of the old libeay32.dll from ManagedOpenSsl. (change dll name in native.cs), rebuild the project, and job done.
Old 06/11/2009, 19:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao4229 View Post
If you have Visual Studio, and not express, you can just compile it for 32-bit mode and it'll run lol
It's express.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
There's no reason to disasseble ManagedOpenSsl, since it's source is available, and you can just rebuild it. The problem lies not with the ManagedOpenSsl library, but with OpenSSL itself. libeay32 is built as 32 bit. If you need a 64 bit version, you would need to download openssl () and build a 64 bit binary (One thing to note here is, any dependencies also need to be built 64 bit). It'll probably be very awkward if you're not familiar with C and the configure/make system. (You'll need MSYS on Windows to ./configure).

If you did manage to build that as libeay64.dll, you could then use this in place of the old libeay32.dll from ManagedOpenSsl. (change dll name in native.cs), rebuild the project, and job done.
I disassembled it anyhow xD. A problem arises with rebuilding though. I get 2 error lines and it wont build it as a dll. Instead it outputs an exe and manifest, regardless of whether it is set to build a class library. I think the problems were at lines refering to Stack<T> and something with the use of arguments. Does the managedopenssl have to be rebuilt for 64 bit though or would it be the same if libeay64 and its dependencies were built and physically renamed as libeay32?
Old 06/12/2009, 02:02   #5

Ahhh... got it... that wasn't so hard as people made it seem >.<
Old 08/07/2009, 23:18   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by velorian View Post
Ahhh... got it... that wasn't so hard as people made it seem >.<
Mind to share with us?

thanks de_marvin
Old 10/01/2009, 06:25   #7

Hey... yah, i'm having the same problem... can someone just upload their file that works? I really, honestly, don't know how to code very well. I"m just making a game for my friends =[ can someone upload theirs? I'll thank them...
Old 10/01/2009, 09:58   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdestiny54 View Post
Hey... yah, i'm having the same problem... can someone just upload their file that works? I really, honestly, don't know how to code very well. I"m just making a game for my friends =[ can someone upload theirs? I'll thank them...
If you're planning on making a game, i suggest you learrn the bascis of coding first, there is no point making a game if you know nothing, what happens when you're server gaines errors? It happens, you wont be able to fix any of them.
Old 10/01/2009, 13:45   #9

You definitely do not know the basics.
Old 10/01/2009, 14:46   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBehindYou View Post
If you're planning on making a game, i suggest you learrn the bascis of coding first, there is no point making a game if you know nothing, what happens when you're server gaines errors? It happens, you wont be able to fix any of them.
I do understand the BASICS of coding but i'm not sure what to do here. I mean come on- how simple is it to just upload it?