Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

fun idea

Discussion on fun idea within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
fun idea

i got this fun idea that i am going to make just for fun to see if it will go well and if anyone would like to join give a hand that will be cool.

but if not then hear this idea and you might like to make your self.

i want to make thunder weather with the rain. i think it will be bossy for the dungeons i am planing to have in my project.

so what i was thinking is using (night/rain/ and 1 new weather called thunder.

so 3 things together to make this epic thing. but making the thunder will be tricky since rain/snow is very small and they fall allot, for the thunder it should be 1 or 2 only and when it hits it needs to match the sound of the thunder which i will get from google.

so what you think, its dark rainy and hitting thunder.
Old 05/15/2013, 06:54   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
i got this fun idea that i am going to make just for fun to see if it will go well and if anyone would like to join give a hand that will be cool.

but if not then hear this idea and you might like to make your self.

i want to make thunder weather with the rain. i think it will be bossy for the dungeons i am planing to have in my project.

so what i was thinking is using (night/rain/ and 1 new weather called thunder.

so 3 things together to make this epic thing. but making the thunder will be tricky since rain/snow is very small and they fall allot, for the thunder it should be 1 or 2 only and when it hits it needs to match the sound of the thunder which i will get from google.

so what you think, its dark rainy and hitting thunder.
Already implemented on my server. It's pretty basic to create too (depending on how you want to implement it).
Old 05/15/2013, 07:02   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
it's really easy to implement weather lol
Old 05/15/2013, 07:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
it's really easy to implement weather lol
well i was there is few part that might be a little confusing.

for example

how to make the thunder works with the sound and the rain.

so its going to use 2 weather the same time and 1 screen color "night"

i am soo interested about this, just think few sec new map , you enter it start raining the thunder is hiting with the sound its night XD

i will start making the the thunder lets see where we can get this XD
Old 05/15/2013, 08:25   #5

elite*gold: 28
For thunder you should make the clients screen shake when it strikes =d

Could also use the Thunder skill for the actual strikes
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 08:35   #6

omg that will be sick dude, good idea.
Old 05/15/2013, 14:06   #7

Simple demonstration, we implemented the ability for the screen to shake, but it gets annoying really really fast, so we excluded it in our final production.

Old 05/15/2013, 14:08   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs_engputer View Post
Simple demonstration, we implemented the ability for the screen to shake, but it gets annoying really really fast, so we excluded it in our final production.

Why not have what you have already as a normal thunder system, and when there's a so called storm have screens shake when a boss lightning strike strikes? As in, theres a 5% chance of a huge lightning strike, which is a different colour lightning and causes a second or two screen shake?
Old 05/15/2013, 14:23   #9

Rather fun idea, but I don't really like overall xD
Old 05/15/2013, 15:06   #10

it's a good idea to paving the way to allowing the weather interact with the environment, as I discussed with eng and dread
Old 05/15/2013, 15:32   #11

It can become annoying really fast though I'd rather like too se the thunder as brightening the screen, rather than actual "thunders".
Old 05/15/2013, 15:45   #12

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
It can become annoying really fast though I'd rather like too se the thunder as brightening the screen, rather than actual "thunders".
Well, if the thunder doesn't show at each 5s... It can be interesting. But I prefer a white screen.

The thunder should be able to hit monsters/players and for example, if it hit a Feasant ? (how to destroy a name... « Faisant » in Fr version...), it drops something like a turkey
Attached Images
File Type: png 722830.png (3.0 KB, 56 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/15/2013, 15:51   #13

yeah, thats what I meant we discussed slowing down the thunder, for example and actually having it do damage wherever it lands in a small aoe, this kind of mechanic becomes very useful when you want to create unique boss maps, and so on
Old 05/15/2013, 18:46   #14

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Well... let's analyze the idea and come up with an efficient solution. For the storm's base, you'd use the screen color subpacket type in general actions. On top of that, you'd add the weather packet and assign it as the maximum rain amount. Then, you'd start a thread of some sort and send the flash effect, thunder effect, and maybe a few sounds from time to time. The thread would synchronize the rare thunder occurrences and might give players something to talk about (yey small talk). In all seriousness though, the system itself is very basic if you understand the background of how it might work. I don't recommend screen shakes though. Conquer Online really doesn't have proper screen shake effects that you could make use of in cases such as these. It might be too dramatic.
Old 05/15/2013, 19:48   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Well... let's analyze the idea and come up with an efficient solution. For the storm's base, you'd use the screen color subpacket type in general actions. On top of that, you'd add the weather packet and assign it as the maximum rain amount. Then, you'd start a thread of some sort and send the flash effect, thunder effect, and maybe a few sounds from time to time. The thread would synchronize the rare thunder occurrences and might give players something to talk about (yey small talk). In all seriousness though, the system itself is very basic if you understand the background of how it might work. I don't recommend screen shakes though. Conquer Online really doesn't have proper screen shake effects that you could make use of in cases such as these. It might be too dramatic.
Creativeness my friend.

Maybe it's just me that likes the idea of a screen shake on a % chance basis.

But that's cool, didn't like the idea anyways. </3