Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer item's weight - Unimplemented feature?

Discussion on Conquer item's weight - Unimplemented feature? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 28
Conquer item's weight - Unimplemented feature?

Is this an unimplemented feature?

Old 04/20/2013, 02:25   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Yes. It was never implemented for any of the Conquer Online items. Some backpacks (such as the backpack in Skyrim) use weight to determine how many items you can carry. Conquer Online didn't turn into that kind of game though. Weight is also unused in factoring in agility. Agility is just a raw value at base, so weight isn't used in anything.
Old 04/20/2013, 03:41   #3

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Is this an unimplemented feature?

Present in other games (like EoF), but a residual part in the CO2 project. I did an implementation of weight as an opposite to dodge in COPS v6 and it worked well for what I though it would be a great idea. The weight was the opposite to dodge, so, well, a warrior without a shield would loose a lot of dodge. I think I still have the automated app that I used to generate all weights..

Old 04/20/2013, 03:48   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
As the others have said its a feature that was never implemented, and in my view that's a good thing, it would add an unnecessary complication to your inventory management, or as CptSky stated your dodge ability. What logic is there behind punishing people for wearing armour, or carrying around loot after hunting.
Old 04/20/2013, 04:29   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Present in other games (like EoF), but a residual part in the CO2 project. I did an implementation of weight as an opposite to dodge in COPS v6 and it worked well for what I though it would be a great idea. The weight was the opposite to dodge, so, well, a warrior without a shield would loose a lot of dodge. I think I still have the automated app that I used to generate all weights..

Annndd you just fixed archer pvp balance. Just based on the raw dodge value of boots and how it calculates with arrow damage it really requires that counteraction to make archers competitive.

Then again they've already kinda thrown that out the window with tali's and new archer items and skills.