Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shops! i'm i the only one who's pissed?

Discussion on Shops! i'm i the only one who's pissed? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Shops! i'm i the only one who's ******?

Sup buddies, today's trouble is SHOPs! i can also call em "a messed list of items that trying to organize is will screw everything"

TQ invents annoying things, and those stupid coders who mess with sources without a minimum knowledge of what the **** they're doing make it worse.

I got 2 shop files on my source, Shops.dat & Eshop.ini & Eshop2.ini(i can guess that a stupid coder created this as a backup cuz there's nothing on the source that executes this ****)

and with new (big window) Shops, it makes it almost impossible to handle and organize everything

Please clarify the following things to me
  • What comes before the other? (ID, moneytype, recommended items) or (the item list)???
  • Shops.dat(server) <=> Shop.dat(client) | Eshops.ini(server) <=> emoneyshop.ini(client) | ????(server) <=> emoneyshopv2.ini(client)
  • How the hell i'm i gonna edit the new shop's items and what is emoneyshopv2.ini for?
  • Can you provide some new shop examples and how to edit them?(shopping mall would be best example)
  • Can i put the v5517 shops back? cuz the new ones are very annoying
Old 02/06/2013, 22:21   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
There are two main types of shops in the client.

#1: Silver based shops. These are stored in shops.dat in the client. This lists the shop ID and all item ID's offered in that shop. This file must also exist in some format for the server to be able to validate what you're purchasing (if not you could use a bot to purchase any item you wanted from any shop)

#2: CP based Shops. These are stored in emoneyshop.dat. This is a slightly different structure as you move between patches because TQ wanted to be able to sort items by categories (new, hot, equipment, etc).

I think they may also have a racing point/honor point based shop file in the client now but I could not say for sure.

Sadly I'm at work right now so I cannot give you a solid example but here's what I remember from memory.

Shop.dat

number of shops

shopid
number of items in shop
staticID of items in shop

shopid2
number of items in shop
staticID of items in shop

EmoneyShop does something similar except it also uses categories.

Number of items available
list of item IDs

category
number of items in category
list of item IDs

etcetc

I assume seeing as you mention patch 5517 and shops that you're using albetros. All you'll have to do is download a clean, unedited 5517 client and then place a copy of the emoneyshop.dat and shops.dat into the server folder (debug/bin/misc). You may also wish to correct the cost for items in the itemtype database as some may be edited.
Old 02/06/2013, 22:48   #3

Hey pro, i did what you told me, and the silver shops went great, but the CPs ones didn't, it seems like the 5672+ client isn't using the emonyshop.ini file anymore, i did same thing for emonyshopv2.ini and changes happened.

My conclusion is : i gotta live with the new shops and forget the pratical 5517 shops, trying to put the 5517 shops is harder than fixing the new shops.

correct me if i'm wrong, btw this is emonyshopv2.ini

and this is how it looks like
Old 02/07/2013, 00:19   #4

Yeah in one of the patches they changed to emoneyshopV2, so emoneyshop isn't used anymore.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2013, 00:55   #5

I apologize. I didn't realize you were running a newer client version.

Yes, tq changed how the mall works so you're stuck with that interface but can still edit the items in any way you wish.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2013, 08:55   #6

I don't see many shops in the new file because the CPs shops in conquer are rare, so rewriting everything would make me understand how it works exactly and makes me used to edit it, i'll try to rewrite it and tell you what's the result.

Well, there's a 99% chance that shops will get screwed from the first trial lol

Thank you guys

Edit:

As i said, shit gotta happen, and happened from server side
I rewrote the shopping mall and put all items i need, from both client & server sides

Client went smooth and everything i've put appeared like it should do
but on Eshops.ini(server) i don't know what's wrong, when i buy an items some of them appear(DBs, Talismans, etc...) but the new items i added didn't, so it means that the server is reading from another file too, but i only found Eshop.ini in the C# codes. Anyway, these are my shops

Eshops.ini

emonyshopsV2.ini

I cleared all the text in Eshops.ini , started server, and guess what, it didn't affect the shopping mall, items that were working are still working, same for items that weren't working

This is the Eshop system, and it executes @database/Eshops.ini

I AM OFFICIALLY CONFUSED!
Old 02/07/2013, 18:03   #7

make sure that they are in items.txt in source too, as if they are not there but in the shops the console won't give error(invalid item ID....... in shop ....).I came across same issue at an point.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2013, 19:07   #8

it must exist because the item (lotterypack) is working on the game, if the item didn't exist it wouldn't get called using a command

and if the problem was in the Eshops.ini why the hell nothing happens when i remove all the items, i should make all items not working, no?
Old 02/07/2013, 19:12   #9

well i added in my server in shops in source eshops in source, emoneyshop in client and emoneyshopv2, and they seem to work for me, dunno, you are right is kind of confusing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2013, 19:21   #10

hmmm, would you please give me the C# file that handles the shops? could be EshopFile.cs , and also the Eshops.ini
i gotta see how it's working and compare it with mine, of cours if you don't mind
Old 02/07/2013, 19:59   #11

Best suggestion would be to debug your code.

Place a breakpoint in your packet handler where you receive the buy item subtype. Follow the code through until it checks if you can purchase the item ID, then right click that collection and find all references so you can see where that collection is being populated (from file or table). You can then edit the correct file so that it will work properly.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/07/2013, 20:54   #12

Edit:

I FIXED IT

on the newer versions, in both client & source, Eshops & emonyshop are USELESS and NOT USED AT ALL.

so when TQ moved to emoneyshopV2.ini , the sources also moved BACK to Shops.dat.

i'm gonna put a Guide/Release in the right section about that

i also want to say : Congratulation TQ you fooled me once again!
Old 02/07/2013, 23:48   #13

elite*gold: 28
Don't worry, the fact shopping mall used emoneyshopV2.ini caught me off guard too.
Thanks
1 User