Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] New Skills

Discussion on [Question] New Skills within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] New Skills

Hey guys,

How would I create a new skill, what would be involved in doing this?

I want to create a Taoist skill called "freeze". I know the Axe skill freezes a person for a short period of time, so maybe one could use this...

Any help is appreciated, as always.
Old 04/16/2009, 12:56   #2

To create a skill/spell you have to add the skill into MagicType.dat file in the client's ini folder, this file is encrypted so you will need a decrypter/encrypter to do this. Programs to do this can be found in this forum. The easiest way to do this is to copy/paste a line that is the closest match to the skill you wish to add, change the first number to whatever you want you custom skill's ID to be. Then copy paste the same relevant info in ani/Magic.ani and ani/Magic1.ani changing the numbers in the same way. Now you have a client capable of accepting and using the new skill, then you just have to code the skill into your server, which is the harder part.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2009, 13:32   #3

And how would I make a funky new effect?

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Question about Skills]
08/12/2010 - EO PServer Hosting - 2 Replies
i got anew DB With Client Side from 4fcom i ripped the skills from it but i am facing aproblem or two. 1- Askill called Storm which is awarrior's skill i guess its the same as dragon storm doesn't have the probable effect as other server's as well as the new thunder Skill its not like the revo DB/Client Side has adrker effect.<< What control those nd how can i fix those skill's effect. 2- how to control those new skill's power and hit rate per 1 spell casting. if any 1 knows and can help me...
just a question about skills
02/18/2010 - 12Sky2 - 4 Replies
you know how you do the speed hack and on top you have a lute/marble/scepter skill that increases your speed, and since you can change how much speed it gives you, couldn't you do that for other skills? like HS or HB
[Question]skills
01/25/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 4 Replies
where do u code the skills into i have the skills added into the skilladder but where do u code the effect of the skill like reflect does anyone know the StatusEffectEn for reflect
question about skills
12/31/2009 - Dekaron - 3 Replies
Well i remember some time ago i tried, trough CSV to allow a certain class cast ANY spell i got to a certain point, but i think it was only visual so i gave up and now that i think about it, it has to be somewhat impossible, its like any class casting a higher lvl spell of its class, same rule applies... but since im a total CE noob, and i hardly made any working scripts, dunno if its possible trough it... just asking opinions here :D
[question]skills
07/20/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 2 Replies
where do u code the skills in like rage and that in the CoEmu V2 Source.