Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] Reflect, RB Guards, LOTF

Discussion on [Request] Reflect, RB Guards, LOTF within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] Reflect, RB Guards, LOTF

Ok, guys I need your help, There is only one guide on RB guards which doesn't work.

And 2 Releases on Reflect, which were deleted, any help please.
Old 04/14/2009, 04:04   #2

Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/14/2009, 04:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex. View Post
Ok, guys I need your help, There is only one guide on RB guards which doesn't work.

Actually the guide does work. Can you list off some errors?
Old 04/14/2009, 05:11   #4

The guide for the RB Guard works fine, I've used it myself.
Old 04/14/2009, 06:11   #5

Well I get this error, Im using LOTF

I can't find.

Amount *= ExternalDatabase.ProfExpRate;
Old 04/14/2009, 07:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex. View Post

From my understanding I don't see why the RB guard script wouldn't work..
Looking at the source however I can tell you that it needs to be rewritten. It's unstable for a start, resource hogging and has too many bugs to poke a stick at.
Personally if you are going to code a pserver make sure you're using a stable and solid source (If you don't wish to do so yourself). One I recommend is InfamousNoone's, which can be located in the sticky threads. Don't waste your time and effort trying to perfect a server which is down right poorly coded and unfit to support such a influx of players.
Old 04/14/2009, 09:24   #7

Hybrid's Source(InfamousNoone's Source) Revision 1 is located here it runs on patch 5017 and does not need an external database setup. It's database is located within the source.

It doesn't have much coded in it... But if you're serious about coding the server, this is the source for you.

EDIT: If you need help setting it up, PM me.
Old 04/14/2009, 09:36   #8

Help yourself be a better coder and listen to what the community is trying to say. One day you will understand why some are trying to encourage people still using LOTF to move to a more stable source and only use LOFT as a basis of learning and how you can improve (A LOT) on the LOTF coding.

There's a lot of GREAT coding examples in InfamousNoone's source which you can actually learn from and gain a greater understanding of how a PROPER server operates. After all why do you think InfamousNoone publicly released his source?
To educate and show you how a well made conquer private server can be made...

People who code in LOFT are deemed to fail and spend their life (literally) work on something that should only ever be used as an example of a badly coded server.

Egyptian Translation (so they can actually understand) [Thanks to google lol]

We need more Egyptians to understand the point of this... LOTF isn't the answer. We are only trying to help and encourage everyone to be better coders.

تساعد نفسك أن تكون أفضل المبرمج ويستمع الى ما يحاول المجتمع. يوم واحد فسوف نفهم لماذا يحاول البعض لتشجيع الناس على استخدام LOTF على الانتقال إلى عالم أكثر استقرارا والمصدر الوحيد استعمال الغرفة العلوية باعتبارها أساسا للتعلم وكيف يمكنك تحسين (كثيرا) على LOTF الترميز.

هناك الكثير من الأمثلة في الترميز العظمى InfamousNoone مصدر يمكنك التعلم من الواقع واكتساب فهم أفضل للكيفية التي تعمل خادم سليم. لماذا بعد كل ما رأيك InfamousNoone مصدر علنا صدر له؟
لتثقيف وتبين لكم كيف يمكن التغلب على حسن الخادم الخاص يمكن...

الناس الذين مدونة في الغرفة العلوية تعتبر الفشل وتمضي حياتها (حرفيا) ث
Old 04/14/2009, 14:32   #9

Thanks guys, for your help, I think imma release my RB Guards fixed codes.
Old 04/14/2009, 14:49   #10

I take that back 43 Errors, lol I can't get this too work

Emme guide please! lol
Old 04/14/2009, 16:38   #11

That code was not written for LOTF, unfortunately. And i think for that one error you posted, you would need to change the reference from a external database to just database. I may be wrong tho. I got this to compile in my LOTF, but it still doesnt work correctly. Since it is written on powersource we may have to make more changes to get it to work. BUT, the code for blue names, when added, did give my Guards in town the ability to attack flashers, which is cool. So yeah, i can summon a guard, but he wont attack, or anything, and he gets his *** handed to him when i walk in town, cuz the guards there see him as a mob apparently, and smoke him.

@ Vortex btw sry about the color code yesterday, when you said console i thought you meant the "control boxes" people had been making for the console, TOTALLY my bad. Hope it didn't send you on a wild goose chase!
Old 04/14/2009, 19:08   #12

lol, np m8, Its the thought that counts in my book.
Old 04/15/2009, 04:41   #13

I do remember having to change the ExternalDatabase to Database.

Play around with things.
Old 04/15/2009, 07:38   #14

wtf...is it rly so hard to read some errors? u cerainly get "ExternalDatabase does not exist in current context" or something like that...just change every ExternalDatabase and InternalDatabase with DataBase.
Old 04/15/2009, 16:28   #15

Wow, you must be the best coder on this forums!

I wish I was as smart as you ... x.x