Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Anyone up for a project:D?

Discussion on Anyone up for a project:D? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/12/2009, 20:42   #31

elite*gold: 0
its too bad, this project will surely suffer from the absence of your input, and the others you mentioned. Thank you btw for your tutorials. Maybe at some point in the future another opportunity to do something together will come up. pce man!
Old 04/12/2009, 22:10   #32

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Your source, unless it really is much different (and when you say it is 'different', 'new', 'etc', I just throw it out the window from past experiences) it's still nothing more than a supped up version of LOTF, or a newer one that Tanel decided to throw in the bin, and to the dogs (i.e. you).
No, Tanel haven't touch that source. It was Future's un-released source, only me and him had it at that point, and me, him and haydz coded in it (Haydz wasn't as good as he is now back then, and I was really bad at coding)

The source were able to hold 100+ clients, max players were 121 and they all were playing normally (killing monsters, doing quests etc)

The source was most **** but it were pretty stable due to futures coding, and as I said - the community made the server what it were.

And, about the Qonquer thing, people liked the server alot more than Qonquer due to the rates and staff, and probably community. Qonquer were alot futher than us, but we still had the best gameplay feeling.
Old 04/12/2009, 23:11   #33

elite*gold: 20
Emme, you say 3 years ago?

is from 1-03-2008, which is barely more than a year ago.

Or did I miss something?

If I didn't than you weren't under Qonquer's 'dominating' period, during which there were no other private servers other than UCCO.
Old 04/13/2009, 01:54   #34

I played zonquer in january of 08.

[To infamous]
That's where I met Lif LOL
Old 04/13/2009, 04:49   #35

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Sup guys, lately I've been bored as hell when neither girlfriend of mates is around, so I'm planning on reviving my source again, which means a server will eventually come up. BUT, I need teammates!
Heres some info you might wanna know before applying:

The source is not public and it's done by me. It's better than LOTF and more stable than LOTF. I think it could hold somewhere around 100 clients.
The source is somewhere between basic and ready to get up. Heres some of the stuffs that's done:

Probably forgot something, but yeah the source is pretty far.

This is what I'm searching:
(1) Good Coder (That helps me from time to time)
(2) Good Editor (Photoshop)
(2) Awesome ideamakers (Think I already have one, Dan)
(1) Website Creator (This will be later on but good to have one)

Please, only be serious and apply here. If you're not famous around here, please give me a little information about yourself, example:

Thanks alot you guys, I'm looking forward to start this project with you!
Language : English, Polish
Name/Nickname : Mejo
Hobby: Website creator (php, html,) - I learn to write script on java
Other Info: Interesent make graphic on PhotoShop
Website 100% by me witch 1 week: // Meh, website in my country language, Polish. I can write for you Emme on English.
If u invite me to team msg me priv or more info <-- Here
Old 04/13/2009, 05:00   #36

I would like to help just for the hell of learning how, i dont even play this game, my bro played conquer online 1 but i never tried.
idk how much help i can be but id love to learn and help u man
pm me
or xfire chat me
xfire: ind3siszive
aim :ind3siszive
email
Old 04/13/2009, 09:00   #37

LOL u no that if u need wild ideas n what not I'll help
Also I'm a ton better a photoshop n HTML now so yah
If u needs noon in da team get a chat on msn
Old 04/13/2009, 09:33   #38

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
Emme, you say 3 years ago?

is from 1-03-2008, which is barely more than a year ago.

Or did I miss something?

If I didn't than you weren't under Qonquer's 'dominating' period, during which there were no other private servers other than UCCO.

Zonquer started 2007, my bad. I think it started in november 2007, not completely sure, and after a while I advertised here on e*pvp. The reason I thought it were 3 years ago was because I was 12 years old when I started ZonquerOnline, and now I'm 15. Maybe I was just about to turn 13, not sure.
Old 04/13/2009, 17:35   #39

just got word from swissknife. He sent back "ok". Hes either not a man of many words, or my random mail supprised, him, i've asked him to clarify if "ok" means he's in.

@Hoven - you do graphics as well? What would you rate your ability at? Do you design, what do you have experience implementing (graphically), that kinda thing. so far i got a it like this...

Myself
Swissknife
Hoven

as the "Graphic Department". I will try to approach VSA today as recommended by someone on this thread. I'll check his work too, just to get a heads up on what he is working towards, and his style. Any other graphic artists? 4 is pretty solid i think. Once we get an even 4 we'll talk about who wants to handle what, and in what style the client could run. Start thinking about what you personally would like to see for client design. we'll talk about the things we're going to try to add as well, original concepts, and how the graphic end could be handled, once the team is assembled. Pce!
Old 04/13/2009, 17:56   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
just got word from swissknife. He sent back "ok". Hes either not a man of many words, or my random mail supprised, him, i've asked him to clarify if "ok" means he's in.

@Hoven - you do graphics as well? What would you rate your ability at? Do you design, what do you have experience implementing (graphically), that kinda thing. so far i got a it like this...

Myself
Swissknife
Hoven

as the "Graphic Department". I will try to approach VSA today as recommended by someone on this thread. I'll check his work too, just to get a heads up on what he is working towards, and his style. Any other graphic artists? 4 is pretty solid i think. Once we get an even 4 we'll talk about who wants to handle what, and in what style the client could run. Start thinking about what you personally would like to see for client design. we'll talk about the things we're going to try to add as well, original concepts, and how the graphic end could be handled, once the team is assembled. Pce!
you know, after the project has been running for a while , when we have the client ready , you guys could start doing clients with themes , i mean like so people can choose what kind of theme they want their client to have?
Old 04/13/2009, 18:01   #41

sure that could be an idea, once a majority of the bigger ideas are finished and implemented smoothly. Technically the files to accomplish the graphic changes will have by then been extracted, and will be easy for you and others to access (within the client), you could always take it and add your personal touches to it, and release it for others =) But we'll see what develops.
Old 04/13/2009, 19:02   #42

I might as well apply for a programmer spot...

Country
- Canada
Language
- French, English
Name/Nickname
- Marc/Tarouka
Experience with the thing you're applying for
- Lot of personnal (by personnal I mean not in a professional institution) C# programming (at least one year and half)
Why I should pick you
- I'd be interested to help you with the project and be part of this team. I could also help you reach your goal of 100 players (even a lot more).
Old 04/15/2009, 07:27   #43

Well currently me n a friend r mastering template creating Ccs html php n java so yeah were just getting better

is my msn if u wana chat farther
Old 04/15/2009, 12:17   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoven View Post
Well currently me n a friend r mastering template creating Ccs html php n java so yeah were just getting better

is my msn if u wana chat farther
It`s easy to learn CSS/HTML. The hard part is making the site good. If you can`t do good graphics, your site will only look decent.
Old 04/15/2009, 15:57   #45

I would agree. My experience with graphics programs goes all the way back to adobe illustrator, the first adobe illustrator, while working in a screen printing shop. I now use CS2, and have no problems creating almost any type of graphic. I use Flash, as well. But having those tools doesnt always make anyone an artist. The same can be said about a palette, and a canvas. Anyone with those items can paint, but, what will they paint? Will it have universal appeal? If anyone who ends up in this team needs graphics, please do not hesitate to ask the graphic department. I think by focusing our energies this way, people will stay in the area they are most comfotable with. For instance, im learning to code, but i dont expect to do anything more than code NPC's...to relieve the load on the coders, who can focus on details that require their more refined ability in that area. As it is now, in the project im on until this team starts up, coding takes all my time, because im so inefficient at it - and the graphic end of things has been put on hold.

BTW i have been unable to locate VSA for the graphic department, I'll keep looking. If anyone has an open line with him, please pass along to him that we're interested in working with him. Thnx!
Thanks
1 User