Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] Any-Game Patcher

Discussion on [RELEASE] Any-Game Patcher within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [RELEASE] Any-Game Patcher

V2: moved things to make it simpler to processes and made the designs smaller
Links:
What it does?:
(anymore questions? just post, thanks would be nice but i know people are STINGY)

This has been redone at least 4 times, feel free to flame
Alright, i released something similar to this called super launcher i think, but this one is much better, based on a conquer release i made this for everyone, you will need a liscence key to use this if your not able to code it out, if i get at least 5 likes on this post ill release one that will work
Projects within the .cs:
More info:

Now to the configure and how to's
Elite:
Intermediate:
SpoonFed:
Simple:
Credits: Ghost(me) built from Windows.form.launcher to the end result
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 05:24   #2

elite*gold: 130
Why do I have the idea that this is leeched?
Old 08/14/2012, 09:04   #3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Why do I have the idea that this is leeched?
I dont know what you mean man, i built this in c# express and finished it today... how can it be leeched if i compiled it today XD
Old 08/14/2012, 09:58   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Because you have no thanks and basically no posts, but claim to have released several things similar to this in the past, making it highly unlikely it belongs to you.

Oh and theres nothing to state what it actually does, which is a great idea for a release thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 13:52   #5

Thumbs down

Well yes, i haven't been active on this forum due mainly to responces such as that.

I remember your picture and screen name from past moderator of these forums, if you check my posts (which u obviously havent)

then you would see that that is not a valid claim.

my only goal is to start a real projects for multigame patchers and people who expand their codding experince to make more then one server and game types.
This is my first release that i will support fully and one that has taken me some time (i slacked off for a while). Yet if you still feel that i am a "leecher" and "incapable of coding" just because i have no thanks or posts when you can easily not use an account... bring me a release like this as i have not seen any others.. that support multi-param and file reading qualities exactly as i have coded mine.

if u dont use this then dont matter to me.. its preaty good and im going to use it for all of my games ( ).
Old 08/14/2012, 14:14   #6

Your right i dunno why im complaining about this given that theres not even a file to download in this thread, but as far as i can tell from your snippets its just a parser, nothing complex about that lol.

And no i didnt read through all of your previous posts, feel free to read through all of mine to see why i feel that this thread appears to be just copy/paste.
Old 08/14/2012, 17:39   #7

#moved, because I have no idea how this classifies as a release. It looks like a copy/paste because you seem to be missing crucial information or files.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/15/2012, 03:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
#moved, because I have no idea how this classifies as a release. It looks like a copy/paste because you seem to be missing crucial information or files.
#Request move back;
i uploaded my links AGAIN, this time im just adding the http links instead of using the elitepvpers upload... dosent want to work for me..

funny how ppl can make 20 diffrent reversions of any simple thing and get credit, but if u release a something new its instantly sidelined and unrespected...
Old 08/15/2012, 08:54   #9

First mistake I noticed is how you spelt "launcher".

And **** it's a messy code, probably the worst autopatcher I've seen in my entire life.

A string array called "bits", seriously?

Also instead using "DownloadFile" then use "DownloadFileAsync", unless you run it in a new thread. Which you don't and it'll result in freezing of the program lol.

I can't be bothered looking through more, there is too much mistakes to analyze.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2012, 09:28   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I don't have a username View Post
First mistake I noticed is how you spelt "launcher".
Purposely done to see if others were to released an updated one and not credit but leave the name and not think of it.
Quote:
And damn it's a messy code, probably the worst autopatcher I've seen in my entire life.
it is "Messy" but uses forwards, i believe one that did not function at all would be worse...
Quote:
A string array called "bits", seriously?
Yes seriously, its bits of a file, i like it identified that way
Quote:
Also instead using "DownloadFile" then use "DownloadFileAsync", unless you run it in a new thread. Which you don't and it'll result in freezing of the program lol.
i don't know how to make separate threads, as i would have done it for the download bar, i have never used ASync either, but i will research both and try to make it better.
Quote:
I can't be bothered looking through more, there is too much mistakes to analyze.
Ad libing Examples and Fixes is unnessecary, i understand this isnt the BEST ever, but all in the same, it works, is 1MB, and does what i need it to do (besides the progress bar and freezing) please post examples of improvements if you REALLY feel like being useful
Old 08/15/2012, 09:51   #11

Well I'll do so when I come home or evt. do one myself.
Old 08/15/2012, 10:21   #12

This is pretty horrendous in terms of code and design, you have event handlers assigned that just do nothing what so ever (Including things like the download button, which seems pretty important lol), your license key system is laughable, the Runtime method which i think, you think, is meant to determine if the key is valid, does literally nothing, it will always return 7 if the second parameter is 1, always. Making the entire method redundant.

You also have implemented Hackdetection! And full credit to you, it does exactly what the name suggests, it detects if the files in the current folder which the app is running in contain the word "hack" or "exploit", so that's pretty fool proof right there.

You need to go and learn what decent and efficient code is, and also what good gui design is, and what the basics are with regards to license keys, and how to protect your source code as not protecting your source but implementing a...albeit hopeless license key system is abit hopeless in my eyes.

Anyways for anyone who cares heres a key- XJ7-351-998
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2012, 10:49   #13

elite*gold: 80
Wow, someone attempts to create something and it instantly gets DESTRUCTIVE criticism. Lovely.
Old 08/15/2012, 11:30   #14

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
Wow, someone attempts to create something and it instantly gets DESTRUCTIVE criticism. Lovely.
ya, come to elitepvpers for just that right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
This is pretty horrendous in terms of code and design, you have event handlers assigned that just do nothing
there are other things i wanted to do and i didn't complete...
download button is for changing the website in the patcher to where u can get manual patches, patch button is the entire useage.
Quote:
your license key system is laughable, the Runtime method which i think, you think, is meant to determine if the key is valid, does literally nothing, it will always return 7
i did that for dumbies, it will return 7 making dv7-6cu-0us allways work as a key and if someone were to tamper with the runtime code it wouldn't allow any key, to the new coder a "Runtime" method looks like it shouldn't be touched, and there is a separate process that checks the key, i meant to bury it deeper but i didn't feel like it really...if you read the runtime method you would pull that it is really just making a valid key out of useless commands
Quote:
You also have implemented Hackdetection!
this was not finished also, this is only a patcher and i meant to get around to making a full system of it later.. where it compared size values or something i don't even know what i was really trying to do but that was a start
Quote:
You need to go and learn what decent and efficient code is, and also what good gui design is, and what the basics are with regards to license keys, and how to protect your source code as not protecting your source but implementing a...albeit hopeless license key system is abit hopeless in my eyes.
i did not design it for a good system, i was just testing it.. it does work if someone did not have the source, i will research that later, this is my first draft and i released it in hopes of also improving it, thank you for pointing out obvious things.. it really helps
Quote:
Anyways for anyone who cares heres a key- XJ7-351-998
this just proves u have no respect for the work that i have done, this is like my first program in windows so to be severely talked down to is quite rude, now i see why your no longer a moderator
Old 08/15/2012, 11:40   #15

Closed Thread

Tags
conquer, flyff, patcher, runescape, warcraft