Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I know its not right place to post, but just question

Discussion on I know its not right place to post, but just question within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I know its not right place to post, but just question

How long u've learned c# and how long it took for u to make a first working code? Or if u ever had made one lol. And any places where u could learn coding? Just curious.
Old 01/11/2009, 21:00   #2

elite*gold: 20
Took me a few seconds to write my first code.

Code:
Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");
Console.ReadLine();
Yay for 'Hello World' code =P
Old 01/11/2009, 21:03   #3

at me too
and i needed some mins to make my first npc
Old 01/11/2009, 21:13   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koio View Post
at me too
and i needed some mins to make my first npc
Making npcs isnt so hard XD
Old 01/11/2009, 21:19   #5

took me like a min,

Quote:
if (CLNPC == xxxx)
{
if (_NPCcontrol == 0)
{
CmdNPC.Say("Where are you heading? I can teleport you for a price");
CmdNPC.Say("of 100 silver.");
CmdNPC.Link("Twin City", 1);
CmdNPC.Link("Market", 2);
CmdNPC.Link("Just passing by.", 255);
CmdNPC.Finish();
}
}
A coemu npc script was my first c# code, then i went on to tutorials c# =D.
That codes just a sample of it, i made an information npc firstly.
Also that was 4-5 years ago so i dunno if the first tutorial site pages i viewed are still there xD
Old 01/11/2009, 23:08   #6

the first coding i did in C# was... i think... what, i think my add on to the model thing that changed your disguise lol. It was real easy and was the 1st thing i did on my own.

As for coding in other langs i started on VB making small apps, i never did the hello world beginner guide lol, just seemed pointless for me to do iz all =3.
Old 01/12/2009, 03:36   #7

elite*gold: 40
Hey;
Nice to see;
Another person wanting to learn;
My first code was a simple code;
It was a scroll code;
and also kinshi88 code;
is also a good place to start;
I'm not claiming to be the best or good, but i learned;
So can you =D;
Old 01/12/2009, 04:49   #8

mine was
Quote:
/allto
it pwns
Old 01/12/2009, 06:18   #9

I havent wrote a code yet, since i dont want to fail yet, still trying to understand everything before making something lul. But my success is that i got my broadcast bug fixed, fixed lab npc's, fixed cp npc andd some more of those :P . Well lets say i know how to fix some codes already. But u guys know any tutorial pages what would be helpfull?
Old 01/12/2009, 09:44   #10

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I started off with Zonquer source ( Futures un-released one, realllly old ). I couldnt be bothered doing anything at first so I paid Future whenever I wanted edits. Sooner or later I realised that I have to do some stuffs on my own, so I asked him if he could teach me a few things. He did, and soon I was able to understand that there gotta be same amount of { as amount of } .
I started coding NPCs, and made them do harder and harder things everytime, and thats when I got good with NPCs coding.
I suggest you take a source, LOTF or CoFuture, and study it for a week or two, and then code something that would be a BIT of a challange for you, when you done it, go back to your code and see if you can improve any of it, im sure you can. That way you will see other ways of doing things, and your nextcode will be much easier.

Emme
Old 01/12/2009, 13:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I started off with Zonquer source ( Futures un-released one, realllly old ). I couldnt be bothered doing anything at first so I paid Future whenever I wanted edits. Sooner or later I realised that I have to do some stuffs on my own, so I asked him if he could teach me a few things. He did, and soon I was able to understand that there gotta be same amount of { as amount of } .
I started coding NPCs, and made them do harder and harder things everytime, and thats when I got good with NPCs coding.
I suggest you take a source, LOTF or CoFuture, and study it for a week or two, and then code something that would be a BIT of a challange for you, when you done it, go back to your code and see if you can improve any of it, im sure you can. That way you will see other ways of doing things, and your nextcode will be much easier.

Emme
Btw, i played on ur old zonuer when it was online. Was like hawtest pserver that time. Why u took it off anyway?
Old 01/13/2009, 01:04   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurytalvi View Post
Btw, i played on ur old zonuer when it was online. Was like hawtest pserver that time. Why u took it off anyway?
HCO was online then.
HCO > ZO by a long shot.