Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Updated Sources

Discussion on Updated Sources within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Updated Sources

Well i noticed that alot of ppls Interested in Working on Updated Sources Using the Released DHKey ..Although The Main Issue is The pass Encryption So we r still Stuck At Point where we cant Release Server like that ..So whats the point on Working on Updated Sources ?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/30/2012, 13:23   #2

yea they like to update their source but how can they update it even adding some features to non updated source cant... better to learn first coding some features in 5518+ source, than updating it....I stay on "We Learn First Before Aiming High LOL"
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/30/2012, 14:34   #3

Well, I do it out of boredom, most of the time I'm on silkroad leveling using a bot, so I just wanted to see if i would manage to do all the offsets and etc, and I did, so uhm now i gotta search for something else to do =/.
Another thing, so now lets say i updated all the offsets and coded the higher patch new stuff, that means I already got an updated source that just needs the password cipher, so when it gets released I wont have to start over, just add the encryption, and bam, Its all good .
Old 06/30/2012, 15:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedwarrior View Post
Well, I do it out of boredom, most of the time I'm on silkroad leveling using a bot, so I just wanted to see if i would manage to do all the offsets and etc, and I did, so uhm now i gotta search for something else to do =/.
Another thing, so now lets say i updated all the offsets and coded the higher patch new stuff, that means I already got an updated source that just needs the password cipher, so when it gets released I wont have to start over, just add the encryption, and bam, Its all good .
well it isnt Hard At all to Update Spawn packet Either using Packet sniffer or even Guesing as the most said it +2 , +4 , +8 so it isnt hard at all beside that to update Source it would take less than Hour .. So what i mean or to be honest what i Prefer is Making Perfect Stable Source with the Features i planed to add to the Source After i successed in that .. i ll have Time to Learn Reverse Engineering to Understand How the Things Go ..Finally GL for All of you Guyz I feel that PServer State would be Much Better Soon
Old 06/30/2012, 15:18   #5

Yeah well, mine's already stable, new threading system( that was a HUGE problem in the base), I didn't code it, but meh still its not the one in the base source, source had too much try catches in it, had to do 'em another way, so yeah it handled about 500 without problems, not sure how much it really can handle.
Old 06/30/2012, 15:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedwarrior View Post
Yeah well, mine's already stable, new threading system( that was a HUGE problem in the base), I didn't code it, but meh still its not the one in the base source, source had too much try catches in it, had to do 'em another way, so yeah it handled about 500 without problems, not sure how much it really can handle.
r u Kidding me ? 500 player on What Ram ? and y do u say that Threading Are bad .. Seems they r used well And working Gr8tly in The Source ..And One More thing Alof of using try / Catch in Packet Packetling that would be the main problem Rather than that i think its FIne
Old 06/30/2012, 15:30   #7

Basically, ALMOST all public sources got crappy threading systems, it could get way better, and at first i think we had 4 giga ram in infinity that handled the 500 players, then we actually had to get beast dedis to be able to fight ddos(s), but we ended up failing so we had to close the server.
Edit: its actually back on and all, I just don't code for snow anymore.
Old 06/30/2012, 17:35   #8

I guess, its because they just wanna show off, like "Oh, I have pirate on my source.. I have blablabla.." They don't even care the stability of their source. And for me, logging in on a 5517+ client is enough. We should be happy for it
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/30/2012, 17:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystaline View Post
I guess, its because they just wanna show off, like "Oh, I have pirate on my source.. I have blablabla.." They don't even care the stability of their source. And for me, logging in on a 5517+ client is enough. We should be happy for it
Exactly that what i thought...Logging into Higher patch is Good but it makes no scense that we r trying to upgrade our sources and looking for password encryption without having even good Source that can Handle Ppls ..So The Priority for the Stability of Source then Upgrading