Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is there a packet reference available

Discussion on Is there a packet reference available within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is there a packet reference available

Hello everyone,

I might start working on a private server in Java after my finals are over so I have question to ask you guys. Is there any packet reference guide like Korvacs wiki still available for me to use? I know that I can simply download some of the public sources to get the structures and use that but I would just like to know if one still exists.

Thanks,

Tkblackbelt
Old 04/23/2012, 23:08   #2

in "Java"?

..., *** bless you son, I'd like to give you a vid to help you pass through time.

replay it when it's done.
Old 04/23/2012, 23:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ×Holo View Post
in "Java"?

..., *** bless you son, I'd like to give you a vid to help you pass through time.

What's wrong with Java?
Old 04/23/2012, 23:45   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblackbelt View Post
What's wrong with Java?
I may be biased but... what reason is there to use java?

.net is currently more developed then java and C# shares a VERY similar syntax (if it was more of a language comfort issue).

If it's for cross platform purposes.... mono has made huge strides in past years making .net viable for use on linux and max... or there's the C++ options.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2012, 23:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ×Holo View Post
in "Java"?

The video should be longer, I`m tired of replaying it every 100 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If it's for cross platform purposes.... mono has made huge strides in past years making .net viable for use on linux and max... or there's the C++ options.
Anyway .NET on Linux it`s availabe up to 2.0 3.0 using Wine or MONO Project. I left Linux a few weeks ago, but I thought 4.0 isn`t available yet.
Old 04/23/2012, 23:54   #6

Quote:
I may be biased but... what reason is there to use java?

.net is currently more developed then java and C# shares a VERY similar syntax (if it was more of a language comfort issue).

Yes it's mostly a comfort issue since I have a lot more experience in Java then C# but I've been reading through some C# sources and it seems like it would be very easy to adapt to. Not to mention I would be able to get help if needed since C# is the most used language on this forum.

Thanks

Edit: Ahaa my UML editor has code generation support for C#
Old 04/24/2012, 01:02   #7

You can easily move from Java to C#, they both have very similar syntaxes but if you feel more confy with Java, then good luck. Although, I would recommend C#...
Old 04/24/2012, 01:40   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellinho View Post
The video should be longer, I`m tired of replaying it every 100 hours.

Anyway .NET on Linux it`s availabe up to 2.0 3.0 using Wine or MONO Project. I left Linux a few weeks ago, but I thought 4.0 isn`t available yet.
We use plenty of .net 4.0 features in ConquerAI (i.e. concurrency). Functions on linux fine.
Old 04/24/2012, 12:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
We use plenty of .net 4.0 features in ConquerAI (i.e. concurrency). Functions on linux fine.
Now depends which kind of application. If it`s a program that have to run in background instead of a console application which can`t run on linux without using the services system from mono.
Old 04/24/2012, 12:33   #10

Stop bashing Java. We all know Java is the best language out there with all its fancy stuff.
Old 04/24/2012, 12:37   #11

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
And to answer the original question, the only other major conquer resource that im aware of is Fang's wiki, which i believe contains some structures.
Old 04/24/2012, 12:41   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
And to answer the original question, the only other major conquer resource that im aware of is Fang's wiki, which i believe contains some structures.
Whom is all incorrect.
Old 04/24/2012, 13:54   #13

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by I don't have a username View Post
Whom is all incorrect.
O_o I'd be SHOCKED if fang's wiki contained completely incorrect packet structures.

Just a quick look shows that there's only a very few packet structures on there and they look correct to me.
Old 04/24/2012, 18:51   #14

Quote:
O_o I'd be SHOCKED if fang's wiki contained completely incorrect packet structures.

Just a quick look shows that there's only a very few packet structures on there and they look correct to me.
The ones for 4??? can't remember exactly whatever. They have incorrect offsets as I used them as referenced and ended up rewriting them myself and use Justins source as reference.
Old 04/24/2012, 20:27   #15

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by I don't have a username View Post
The ones for 4??? can't remember exactly whatever. They have incorrect offsets as I used them as referenced and ended up rewriting them myself and use Justins source as reference.
If you say so. They were all from my 4274 project. I'd make a thread to get more packet structures for the wiki, but Jack already has one. He just needs to host it somewhere. As far as a java source goes... you might see one this summer.