Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Quest Function

Discussion on Quest Function within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Quest Function

I have a question for the following code posted below. I managed to add albetro's Quest functions/actions on a source based on Impulse/Hybrids work. It was a success, however there seems to be an issue when attempting to run the packet properly. When logging in I can see the quest list but they all say (Completed) as in I can't take the quests nor use a pathfinder for them.
A simple solution would be helpful as I feel this works yet it doesn't.

Code:

{
                            QuestPacket receive = ptr;
                            //Console.WriteLine("QuestPacket from {0}: {1} {2}", user.Character.Name, receive.Action, receive.Amount);
                            switch (receive.Action)
                            {
                                case QuestAction.Begin:
                                    {
                                        var data = receive.GetData(0);
                                        Program.WriteLine("QuestPacket {0} began quest[{1},{2},{3}]" +
                                                             client.Entity.Name + data.MissionId + data.Unknown2 + data.Unknown1);
                                        break;
                                    }
                                case QuestAction.List:
                                    {
                                        for (var i = 0; i < receive.Amount; i++)
                                        {
                                            var data = receive.GetData(i);
                                            //   Console.WriteLine("QuestPacket({0}) [{1},{2},{3}]", receive.Action,
                                            //                     data.MissionId, data.Unknown1, data.Unknown2);

data.Unknown1 = 2;

}
                                        client.Send(receive);
                                        break;
                                    }
                                default:
                                    {
                                        // Console.WriteLine("Unhandled QuestPacket action: {0} {1}", receive.Action, receive.Amount);
                                        break;
                                    }
                            }
                            break;
                        }

#endregion
Old 03/08/2012, 03:46   #2

well its true ...i guess cuz of missing packet 1135 idk what it does i guess its For Trace Quest and Dialouges well GL anyways
Old 03/08/2012, 03:49   #3

Quote:
well its true ...i guess cuz of missing packet 1135 idk what it does i guess its For Trace Quest and Dialouges well GL anyways
Already added that packet. Thanks though
Old 03/08/2012, 22:35   #4

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman123 View Post
the quest dialogs are in the client.

and bryce idk that either, ive done the same and i have it too but someone else who logged in didnt have it, while i made another one login who had the same issue. im guessing its incomplete.
Old 03/08/2012, 23:38   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quests were never coded in albetros. We were simply working on structuring and handling the packet.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that the sequence basically had the client send a GIANT quest packet to server (it was massive containing all quests). And the server then sends it back with if you have completed the quest or not. Albetros just had it say you had finished none of the quests. That's what still needs to be done.
Old 03/08/2012, 23:58   #6

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Quests were never coded in albetros. We were simply working on structuring and handling the packet.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that the sequence basically had the client send a GIANT quest packet to server (it was massive containing all quests). And the server then sends it back with if you have completed the quest or not. Albetros just had it say you had finished none of the quests. That's what still needs to be done.
I see. If the sequence is sending such a giant quest packet to the server, what would be a simple demonstration of how it would show that every player that signs in has not done all the quests? I could probably re-write this with some examples and/or help. Not really familiar with custom codes which is why I converted a couple of packets from Albetros some time back yet never really looked over them carefully.