Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Client Edits

Discussion on Client Edits within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Client Edits

Well im thinking of doing Alot of Client Edits by taking New map files from other games ...ANyways the general idea was i get the Ani , Dmaps and put them inside client and source and adding them in navicat So is that enough to make them works ??? and smthing else i've seen alot of edits in pserver of patch 5095 like Npc glowing alot and other npc effects..so can i have those effects on the 5520+ pserver ??
Old 11/21/2011, 18:41   #2

mhm, npc.ini just search npc name and beside Effect , type the effect number you want
Old 11/21/2011, 21:04   #3

to get a certain map u dnt need any thing just that file in client , data/map/puzzle, here u can find what ever map u want
Old 11/21/2011, 23:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slam View Post
to get a certain map u dnt need any thing just that file in client , data/map/puzzle, here u can find what ever map u want
nope i wanna take other maps from other games and add em in the client cuz really these days im concerned about Client side
Old 11/22/2011, 10:28   #5

which map are u talkin abt?
Old 11/22/2011, 17:23   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Maps include files packed away in the game archives. There are tools to extract them for conquer although not quite sure if the same tools exist for other TQ games.

They are compatible with conquer but will look incredibly funny because they don't use the same resolution and viewing angle usually.

You'd be needing...

GameMap.Dat entry
dmap file
ani file
pul file

All of the individual .dds images linked with the puzzle file

I think that's it...
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2011, 17:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Maps include files packed away in the game archives. There are tools to extract them for conquer although not quite sure if the same tools exist for other TQ games.

They are compatible with conquer but will look incredibly funny because they don't use the same resolution and viewing angle usually.

You'd be needing...

GameMap.Dat entry
dmap file
ani file
pul file

All of the individual .dds images linked with the puzzle file

I think that's it...
Rofl i wont use Maps file of 3D Online games of high resolution as SilkRoad ...im gonna use maps of the same Resolution games as Co like Zero i guess
Old 11/22/2011, 22:01   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman123 View Post
Rofl i wont use Maps file of 3D Online games of high resolution as SilkRoad ...im gonna use maps of the same Resolution games as Co like Zero i guess
Yes obviously I'm talking about taking maps from other tq games as they would be compatible.

They are different resolutions/camera angles and therefor will look REALLY odd if viewed in the conquer client. It's perfectly possible to transfer over eudemons maps... they just look like ****.