Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Coding Mobspawns

Discussion on [HELP] Coding Mobspawns within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] Coding Mobspawns

Okay, so, I'm new to the whole conquer private server thing. I've been playing Conquer for a few years though. I'm a Computer Science major in college with a concentration in Interactive multimedia, so I have some coding experience (However it's only my first year, so i'm still a noob lol)

I'm using the released Hellmouth source, but I honestly don't know how to fix the mobspawns. any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I'm not asking for the codes to be handed to me, (truthfully I need the practice) so if anyone can just get me started I would appreciate it so much. Thanks to whoever responds and is actually helpful. =]

Oh, and I'm also new to the EPVP site, so how do I add a Signature?

Thanks guys
Old 11/14/2011, 05:43   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,118
Hmm... well hey. I'm Fang and I'm also a Computer Science major in college. Mobs aren't coded in Chris's source. You can look at a more complete source like Elite-CoEmu, CoEmu, and NewestCoServer (which is very messy... I don't recommend you like at that one unless u have to). I think the latest source that I added to my blog has mobs coded. It's very complete (feature wise) but it's very very bugged... so only use it as a reference source: .

And to edit your signature, check out "Quick Links".
Good luck.
Old 11/14/2011, 05:51   #3

Which source is the newest one on your blog? Is it the Kimo one? Because if so, I already have it but I can't even get it to load anything through any clients. Where would I find the code for the mobs to reference in the source anyway? lol

Sorry I'm such a noob =/
Old 11/14/2011, 05:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVinci1476 View Post
Which source is the newest one on your blog? Is it the Kimo one? Because if so, I already have it but I can't even get it to load anything through any clients. Where would I find the code for the mobs to reference in the source anyway? lol

Sorry I'm such a noob =/
Ah. I didn't know you were on such a low level. Try starting out with NewestCoServer V2 I guess. Until you learn how to program, just have fun.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2011, 06:05   #5

Alrighty I'll do that. Thank you for the help =]

I'm sorry I'm such a noob though lol. I'm learning C# by myself, since my CS classes are still only working on java script.

<Edit> One more thing, will the 5376 CoServer V2 source work with the 5375 client or will I need to update it?
Old 11/14/2011, 06:11   #6

Quote:
Alrighty I'll do that. Thank you for the help =]

I'm sorry I'm such a noob though lol. I'm learning C# by myself, since my CS classes are still only working on java script.
Dw, I understand. I had to teach myself C# too. My classes only just started in CS, and they're all on Java and C++. My college doesn't even offer C# classes.

And an edit for your edit:
Maybe. I don't really use public sources that much anymore. It should. I think the auth handler changed from 1086 to 1060 on 5378, so you're probably good.
Old 11/14/2011, 06:21   #7

I hate to ask another question. :/

But how do I get My client to connect to the source. I have the 5375 client, and the Loader inserted and configured right. but there is no config in the source that I can find. unless I'm just missing it. I can't find where to put my IP or anything.

If I'm annoying you just let me know :P
Old 11/14/2011, 06:36   #8

Quote:
I hate to ask another question. :/

But how do I get My client to connect to the source. I have the 5375 client, and the Loader inserted and configured right. but there is no config in the source that I can find. unless I'm just missing it. I can't find where to put my IP or anything.

If I'm annoying you just let me know :P
Just work with NewestCoServer v2. It'll be fun for you. It's patch 5165 (which you can always update if you want) and it has a full tutorial for it (stickied in the release section). You can always move on once you understand how things work.
Old 11/14/2011, 08:15   #9

One last question, then I'll get out of your hair fr a bit lol. Would it be possible for me to take the mobspawns from the 5165 source and edit them into the Hellmouth source?
Old 11/14/2011, 09:07   #10

Quote:
One last question, then I'll get out of your hair fr a bit lol. Would it be possible for me to take the mobspawns from the 5165 source and edit them into the Hellmouth source?
Yeah. I would recommend you do that will a better source though. The mod spawns in NewestCoServer are a joke. And it's not just spawning mobs... you would have to code their behavior... their movements... drops... the whole AI. It's a lot o.o.
Old 11/14/2011, 16:15   #11

Okay. Thanks =] You've been a tremendous help to me.

I'm gonna go work on this for a little bit see what I can come up with =]

Again, thanks so much
Old 11/14/2011, 20:25   #12

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Yeah. I would recommend you do that will a better source though. The mod spawns in NewestCoServer are a joke. And it's not just spawning mobs... you would have to code their behavior... their movements... drops... the whole AI. It's a lot o.o.
Also maybe putting them INTO a better source :P

The hellmouth source I released really isn't that great.

Someday maybe I'll get bored and release albatros.
Old 11/15/2011, 00:30   #13

What's albatros? And since you're the creator of the source, maybe YOU could give me a few pointers as well. Keep in mind though, I'm a noob to C# lol.
Old 11/15/2011, 00:35   #14

Quote:
What's albatros? And since you're the creator of the source, maybe YOU could give me a few pointers as well. Keep in mind though, I'm a noob to C# lol.
Albetros is a source he's been working on for months and should keep to himself... Chris, you put so much time and effort into that. I think you should just release the base it was founded on if you really want to release something to help everyone. The base really helped me when I was learning how to code. Don't release all the work you put into it though.
Old 11/15/2011, 00:41   #15

Nah, I don't want the finished product. Like I said in an earlier post, I honestly NEED and WANT the practice. lol so anything and everything you WANT to give or release or whatever that could be of the tiniest service in helping me learn to code is GREATLY appreciated.

I really want to learn C# but sometimes things are harder on your own, ya know? =p