Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Client Crashing

Discussion on Client Crashing within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 80
Client Crashing

So I am messing with my server again and ran into a sudden issue. I'm working on spawning players to others and I'm on the jumping phase. I can log one client in a jump for ever. But, when i log in a second client to see if one jumps onto the screen of the other, after 2 jumps, the client crashes. I figured maybe it was something to do with the client so i jumped on the Client 1 and again, after 2 jump, Client TWO closed.

I'm going to be messin with this all day so if you have any tips, Please, they are welcome.
Old 06/04/2011, 19:04   #2

elite*gold: 0
Maybe a wrong offset in your packet?
Old 06/04/2011, 19:16   #3

use lock statements on cryptographer when you do send/receive, that will fix your problem.
Old 06/04/2011, 20:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
use lock statements on cryptographer when you do send/receive, that will fix your problem.
Race conditions are not so commonplace to occur each 2 jumps, but that doesn't mean he should disregard proper synchronizing so you're right on that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
Maybe a wrong offset in your packet?
^This is probably the correct explanation, I remember helping Arco with a similar problem and it was because of the incorrect structure of the packet.
Old 06/04/2011, 21:19   #5

I'm fairly sure my jump packet is correct. For my ToScreen method i was looping through all the clients and sending the packet to each one, I put a check to not send it if the Client was the jumper...Why would it make a difference if i sent the jump packet to the jumper?

Also got another question. Say someone if jumping in from off screen, would i send the Player Spawn packet(1014) or something different?

Forgot to mention its for a 4351 client
Old 06/04/2011, 21:24   #6

Received Thanks: 1,147
When I helped Arco with a similar problem, it was the TQ string the problem. He wasn't removing it, so when he was broadcasting the packet, the TQClient string was always at the end of the packet... So, the client was crashing.
Old 06/04/2011, 21:41   #7

I'm basing this from memory so it might be incorrect, yes you send the player spawn packet, and you do send the jump packet to the jumper, why? TQ.
Old 06/04/2011, 21:44   #8

Yeah, I can other see the other on the original screen of login...even though it sends the spawn packet and everything. I don't see why the client is crashing then, it only crashes when i DO send the Jump packet to the jumper.(When there is multiple people on).

Edit: So when i send the Jump packet to the Jumper from the loop in the toScreen Method the client crashes after 2 jumps but when i send it from my actual Jump Handler, BEFORE i send it anywhere else, It doesn't crash. But now only the client that jumps onto the screen can see the player that was standing there, the player that was standing there can't see the person jumping on screen.