Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hellmouth Source Guildname help

Discussion on Hellmouth Source Guildname help within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hellmouth Source Guildname help

Hey I have nearly got a guild system full working on the Hellmouth source but for the life of me cant figure out where i put the guild name packet so i can see other peoples guilds it only shows up on your own client. Here are some pictures of my problem hope you can help me thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg guild1.jpg (392.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg guild2.jpg (386.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 05/09/2011, 14:58   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Very simple. The spawn character packet contains guild ID as well as guild rank.

When that character is spawned to you the client will request a string packet (subtype for guild name). You then pull the guild name for the ID requested and send it back.

EG: I have a guild name "Epvp" with a ID of 25.

In the spawn character packet I'm going to write the value 25 in the guild ID offset (if you don't know the offset... log it or use trial/error... hell I think I might have even just commented it out in the source) and the guild rank (I think they changed so not sure what leader is anymore).

Clients who I am spawned to will not send a string request with a subtype of guild with the ID 25. You then just fill in the string for the packet and send it back. Boom done!
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2011, 15:24   #3

Im a complete idiot. I forgot to change the hard coded values in the spawn client packet. Well i think thats time for me to have a break lol. Works perfect now thank you for your quick reply
Old 07/19/2011, 17:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
Hi, dude.
I would be very happy if u wanted to share the hole project?
Beacuse i just want a server for me and my friends to play on. With mobs and everything i cant code by myself..

Would u like to share it?..

Sorry for taking up your time!
And sorry for my bad english!

// Max