Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Help me explain the conquer folder to me!!?

Discussion on Help me explain the conquer folder to me!!? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Help me explain the conquer folder to me!!?

Hello,

I will make this thread to ask for all the folders inside the conquer folder, I would like to know what is in each one and what I can edit and what I can't,

i will begin with the first folder called ani it contains files of type .ani , AnimatedCursor...

What is the folder for and can i edit the files in it the way I like in Photoshop?
Old 04/26/2011, 13:54   #2

Almost everything related to graphics is editable, with Photoshop
C3 folder is the most important :

Conquer/c3/textures : All the textures for weapons, armors, garments, head gears, accessories, soul gears, shields, monsters, bosses, NPCs and much more ..

Conquer/c3/effect : All the textures used for skills, effects, weapon and shield glows, monster attacks, numbers, notoriety, random GUI effects, mostly all the animation effects texture files

Important folders in this effect folder :
- Conquer/c3/effect/blade : All of the most-used weapons glows ( sword, club, blade, backsword ..etc ) from lvl 120 to 130
- Conquer/c3/effect/weapon : All of the glows for lvl 5-140 katanas+beads
All of the glows for DragonSoul weapons artifact
-Conquer/c3/effect/other : Most of the newest and most recent effects are there, this includes all pure skills, bosses attacks, ranking effects, dragonsoul armor glows...

Some of the zf2-exxx are important skills ( Tornado, hercules.. ) LuckDiffuse (LT), swordgas (FB) and sword-l + flyflower (SS) too

Conquer/c3/ghost : 098 for males, 099 for females ; ghost bodies when u'r dead

Conquer/c3/hair : hair styles textures

Conquer/c3/Mount/801 + Conquer/c3/MountSaddle/801 = Horse and saddles texture files

The rest of c3 folder is mainly mesh files and animation files that are hardly editable ( weapon meshes ) or can't even be edited ( armors, animations )

Second big editable part : Conquer/data

Conquer/data/EmotionIco : All the little emoticons when chatting in-game

Conquer/data/firework : Firework effect you get in-game from buying it in market at Pharmacist

Conquer/data/interface : Recent buttons and interface stuff, mostly stuff for PK championships

/!\ Conquer/data/ItemMinIcon : Useful part of Conquer that editors usually forget, Icons of weapons/shields/armors/head/meteors/gems/dragonballs.. every piece of gears as it is shown in your inventory/shops/shoppingmall .. etc

/!\ Conquer/data/main : One of the hardest part to edit correctly, Interface and skins files, all of them, from main interface to skills icons

Conquer/data/main : some interface files + ninja skills icons

Conquer/data/map(/puzzle , mainly ) : Annoying as hell map files for all the cities, adventure island stuff, all of the maps, It takes hours to make something decent.

Conquer/data/map/scene + Conquer/c3/map/mapobj :As the name says, map objects files, trees, wall parts, bridges , flowers, carpets, house furnitures ..

Conquer/data/map/cartoon : Some lil effects like, moving flags, water, smoke, fire, shiny orbs ..

/!\ Conquer/data/MapItemIcon : Useful part of Conquer that editors usually forget, Icons of weapons/shields/armors/head/meteors/gems/dbs.. every piece of gears as it is shown on the ground, when you drop items ..

Conquer/data/minimap : map files that is shown at the top right corner of your screen to indicate your position, for all the maps.

Conquer/data/Npcface : Npc face icons that sometime appears when talkin to NPCs

Conquer/data/pic : Various effects and files like, notoriety icons, mentor icons, shiny effect behind refined/unique/elite/super gears in inventory/shops/shopping mall, skill state effects ( monk auras, counterkill ..)

Conquer/data/PlayerFace : Player Icons and images at the left of our names, that we can choose from Beautician NPC in TC

Conquer/data/weather : Weather effect files like snow, rain, leaf ..

Conquer/Autopatch: .bmp images for autopatch screen

Conquer/play: pre-login screen when you gotta choose game resolution, lastest TQ news , etc ..

Main and easiest editable files with photoshop for Conquer Online in this list.

Ani and ini are just text files, i never modify those, dunno exactly what you can do with those .

There's much more you can do, like editing login screen, creating weapon meshes with 3d softwares.. but you shouldnt worry bout that, I bet you won't even edit 1/3 of the huge list above that =)
Don't forget to use awesome korvac's tool, wdf extractor that is amazingly useful, and ofc, get all the necessary plugins for photoshop, nvidia dds plugin, dds thumbnail viewer.. etc !

Have a good day !
Thanks
11 Users
Old 04/26/2011, 14:14   #3

Thanks Opale!
OK One last questions about editing: How can I design new items and add them to my server? Can I add monsters as well or change the appearance of monsters??

The last question is what is mesh?
You say that you creating weapon meshes with 3d softwares.

Thangs again, Opale!
Old 04/26/2011, 16:26   #4

, and << How to add custom weapons in-game with .ini files, might be outdated

About monsters, either change animation, texture and mesh file names to get the desired modification or I guess there's something to do with .ini files
In no way you can create new monsters from scratch, well you can make custom but static one: no animations, motions .. = fail
I don't know much about that, cant tell you more.

.c3 is a custom 3D file format, created by TQ to work with their game engine
.c3 files are 3D models, animations, or motions, so you can make your own custom 3D models, and export to .c3 format ( we're still limited tho ).

Here's the 410330.C3, lvl 130 BuriedBlade 3D model

A .dds is a well-known image format, often used in games, that wraps around a 3d model, it textures the 3D model to bring it to life, to make it real.

Here's the 410335.dds texture wrapped around its model

.c3 = bones , and .dds = skin ,if you want

Once we got the model done and textured, we got the effect files (.c3) that are being added, and you get the final render :

It's .ini files function to link all those files and to tell the client which .dds file go with which.c3 model, and which .c3 effect files are animating this weapon

It's basically just 3D modelling and texturing and so if you got no experiences in the 3D software field, take it as an advice : Stick it to Photoshop !

( yay, 2nd wall of text of the day =/ )
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/26/2011, 16:39   #5

So I can I also texture using photoshop, 3D max is so difficult,
But bro I am asking for items not weapons, I want to make new items, .dds also to be edited??
Old 04/26/2011, 16:48   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
Conquer/c3/texture : All the textures for weapons, armors, garments, head gears, accessories, soul gears, shields, monsters, bosses, NPCs and much more ..
Items has a lot of different meanings its too general, with the list I wrote above, you can find every single .dds file that can be edited in photoshop

Start with Conquer/c3/texture and pick a file you want to edit

I don't get watchu want, modify an existing item ? or create something from scratch ? and what kind of item ? =/
Old 04/26/2011, 17:15   #7

Ok I will tell you,
I would like to create an item from scratch! Item like that box that contains a set of trojan equips for example?

And what if I want to edit an item?
Old 04/27/2011, 09:08   #8

meeh if you mean items like those beginners packs when you right click and get items then (damnit) this has nothing to do with photoshop and graphic modifications =/

It's more about codes and stuff, and because i'm a complete dummy with coding, I can't help you =/

If you want to edit some sashes or packs mini icons that appears in your inventory, thats useless, TQ did tons of those
(Conquer/data/ItemMinIcon : 2000220 to 2000226 .dds , 2000154 to 2000158 dds , 2000174 to 2000186 .. and there are tons more sash/bags/etc icons u can use

Use the search button tool and have a look in private server section, guide release section or even maybe programming section. Other than that, can't help you more
Old 04/27/2011, 11:08   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCitadel View Post
Ok I will tell you,
I would like to create an item from scratch! Item like that box that contains a set of trojan equips for example?

And what if I want to edit an item?
Decrypt your Itemtype.dat
Look at the items already existing or edit them.

Then you have the info of them done.

After that go to data\ItemMiniIcon and you can edit the .dds file.
Same goes for data\MapMiniIcon (Not sure if I spelled the folders right, but it's something like that).

Now the pic of them is done.

If you made your own picture and want to use it, then you can add it in the ani folder. The .ani file has same name as the 2 folders ItemMiniIcon and MapMiniIcon.

If you want to add +'s in the items, then you do it in the itemadd.ini.

Remember, when you're adding items you have to do it both clientside and serverside.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2011, 13:11   #10

I wont understand this unless I see an example, can anyone make an example for me with picture?
Anyone would even thought of helping me?
Old 05/03/2011, 10:23   #11

Anyone came with an example for me?
Old 05/03/2011, 19:26   #12

opale posted 3 links.
Closed Thread