Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 01:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

An experiment gone wrong

Discussion on An experiment gone wrong within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
1) I am not some 1337 programmer I am just a regular player so dont expect a milestone in conquer here.

2) I am just telling you something I tough of interest so please no flamming

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I tried messing around with some files in Conquer 2.0\map\map.

In an attempt to take my black name out of jail easier i deleted prison.DMap (the map of jail) from the folder, then made a copy of mine-four2.DMap (TC mines) and renamed it to prison.DMap, replacing the file i deleted before.

After I did that something interesting happened: when I walked in jail there was a warden inside, but the map was like the one of TC mines. Also, near the warden there was a portal leading to nowhere (IF YOU DO THIS DONT JUMP INTO THIS PORTAL UR CHAR WILL GET STUCK 4EVER - i think, cause so far i couldnt get my chars out of this "bug" or w.e. ;P). There was another portal tho, exactly where the one in TC mines really is, but it also doesnt work: it kept dcing me when i jumped into it).

The only way to leave that map is through warden, because scrolls wont work either =\

Oh and you can also see players on top of the wall etc, where in the jail it would be a normal place to mine, but in TC mines the same coords are invalid.

Well thats the info I got so far. I'll experiment with other maps, some of them with monsters etc to see what happens.

Anyways if you dont like the mine maps now you can mine in the middle of the city lol :P Juss exchange the mine map for the one of the place u want to mine.

EDIT: Kovarc is right (see post below) its no good =\
Old 10/14/2006, 18:45   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
all your changing is the appearence of the map, so it doesnt atually help at all...the portals dont work either because it trys to move you from ur current location to the next map....but that wont work because the portal only works from the correct map to the next map...so it wont do anything..