Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 15:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Moonbox,sockets,drops

Discussion on Moonbox,sockets,drops within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Okay, well, I will start out with being clear on this message. "Everything in the game seems to do with percentage". What I mean by this is, every monster you kill, there is a percentage that it will drop a Meteor, Dragonball, ref-Super item. (Depending on if the Monster was programmed to drop certain items or not) This also apply's to upgrading, there is X amount of chance that the item will upgrade, or X amount of chance that an item will socket. Even Moonbox. I highly doubt, that each moonbox "holds" its items. Every moonbox in your inventory is the SAME. When you right click a moonbox, based on percentages, you will be given a ref item, with met, 3 mets, elite, socket, etc. Okay, well now that hopefully we all understand how things work. This basically explains how you can go and spend 500 mets, and get no socket, it just did not land in your favor.

Okay, now that we have gotten to understand that everything is based on a percentage of happening, and not happening... there seems to be little ways to boost your percentage up alittle. (note: obviously boosting your chances are STILL not, or nearly raising your chances to perfect everytime kind of thing) Take for instance, WHY does having another person jump onto your screen make that meteor drop? or I personally have noticed, in redeeming Moonboxes, Using a lower lvl char, or even having low HP will give you better chances of getting the DeathTactic. Or, has anyone else noticed that meteors tend to drop "together" not to far apart from each other (time wise), and that met hunting tends to do quite well after server maint.

So it seem's that luck streaks seem to happen, raising your percentage of things...But if we can find out what to do, when to do these things, it would help greatly, when met spamming. Btw- When upgrading, and trying to socket, i would greatly suggest, a NON-RB char, and typcially low lvl. Obviously EVERY CHAR can SOCKET, BUT.... i tend to notice better percentages with lower lvl chars non-rb. So, tell me what you think of this, and add any ideas or things you notice too! =)
Old 07/24/2006, 05:03   #2

just a little add on when ur hunting less people on the map the greater the luck its how i find all my super on maps were no1 barely is dc pc 2nd mps same with dbs
Old 07/24/2006, 06:42   #3

that **** about LOW lvl get into death tatic easy? Tru?
Old 07/24/2006, 07:07   #4

Try it, for me it tends to get into Death Tactic easier.
Old 07/24/2006, 11:15   #5

Well, i have not proven this yet, but sockets seem to work better for those chars who buy dbs offline. One time, when a new server opened without a server main, i used only 1 met, and i got a sockt in boots. It is also better percentage to get socs in items if they are not normal. Dont believe me?... look at most peoples sockets. They will be ref-super , -5, or even low or high quality normal items. I would suggest using non-normal things to try and make sockets and test your luck, for other methods of getting socs, look in my signature
Old 09/12/2006, 20:29   #6

So... I am guessing you know alot about conquer.. Just a guess.. well.. when your going to cash in your tokens and go into the place where you choose your ghost to let out... is there any certain ones that have certain items? I know three that I know by heart.. two mets and a ref bag or two mets and a ref necki.. and an elite lvl 37 bag.. I know there coor. and ****.. but... I wanna get something better
Old 09/13/2006, 03:06   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by IntegRa@Jul 24 2006, 04:44
Btw- When upgrading, and trying to socket, i would greatly suggest, a NON-RB char, and typcially low lvl. Obviously EVERY CHAR can SOCKET, BUT.... i tend to notice better percentages with lower lvl chars non-rb.
lol wen i first read this, i tot u said, a NON-BR char
n i was like wth that got to do wit netin
den i reread n Ooohh
Old 09/13/2006, 03:11   #8

about low lev i would say its ok... when i was on 60's i got elite boots from bandits 2nd map..... and my sis was at same levs, 60's got elite oxideboots, in normal bandits... so maybe noob have more luck...
maybe coz they cant do much quests... good quests...
ill try spaming mets with noobs
Old 09/13/2006, 06:59   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by IntegRa@Jul 24 2006, 04:44
Even Moonbox. I highly doubt, that each moonbox "holds" its items. Every moonbox in your inventory is the SAME. When you right click a moonbox, based on percentages, you will be given a ref item, with met, 3 mets, elite, socket, etc.
i dont know much, but i do know that if u look at ur itemtype with unknownone's editor, every mb u see has a different identifying number, so that suggests to me that every mb is created individually and holds a specific item, it is my belief that (at least with the mb quest) every specific ghost hands out a mb with a soc in it ever so many numbers, id like to think 1/100, so if ur get 100mbs from same ghost, chances r u have 1 mb wih a soc, but if u get from random ghosts, there is no way to count odds (would be purely luck)[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=just a noobs opinion' border='0' alt='just a noobs opinion' />
Old 09/13/2006, 08:24   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by kurogasa@Jul 24 2006, 05:15
Well, i have not proven this yet, but sockets seem to work better for those chars who buy dbs offline.
I think that's a myth, once upon a time a couple years ago I invested two bulkpacks into a character and couldn't make a socket if my life depended on it. I got one rare lucky sok during an upgrade in the market and that was it.

*** it was Hell back then when we couldn't upgrade items with dbs like we can now. Conquer isn't actually too bad now compared to how it used to be when TC was pk central and the artisian there was your only hope for upgrading high level items one... met... at a time... And you needed several alts just for the warehouse space whereas now we can put our mets into scrolls. These noobs today got it made I tell ya!
Old 09/13/2006, 17:11   #11

peeps now are taking the chance of getting a socket while upgrading in tc now . now more and more peeps are upgrading their equipment there now since it became a non-pk city. being so easy to get lots of mets now from doing blue mouse quest, why would you upgrade in the market. i can get 100 mets at any time, if i need more i just take the gems off my miners and go after that mouse and i am able to spam more mets if i feel like it.
Old 09/14/2006, 00:56   #12

ya, cuz TQ doesnt have a random generater...or atleast not a good one... lol... their's suck
Old 09/14/2006, 01:55   #13

i agree with the origional statement. Programming is based on maths and ultimatley maths will determine all aspects ranging from which normals drop to socs
Old 09/14/2006, 02:07   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by dorando@Sep 14 2006, 01:55
i agree with the origional statement. Programming is based on maths and ultimatley maths will determine all aspects ranging from which normals drop to socs
somethings, yes... everything, no.
Old 09/14/2006, 02:47   #15

yes all time based even socs are made in certain time.
if u get a soc and it isnt on the speccific time then its probly made by chance. i know the day and time for socketing one type of equipment . yes days of the week r also factors. but not date as in 9/11. ask ppl wen they get soc items, keep notes. i discovered 5 ppl got socs in tis specific time /day.