Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 04:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

itemtype.dat by hand

Discussion on itemtype.dat by hand within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I'm going to take kitsune's chalenge... that is doing the itemtype.dat by hand in hex workshop to show qualities and tokens...
unfortunately i stubled over a prob... i changet the stats to whe syntetic helmet (for wars) like this: F, L0, L1, L2, R, U, E, S, i entered the game... and in pc at armorer the first helm shows like a stancher and then my game freezes when i move mouse over it... and it still shows Syntetic Helm (or whatever is its name)... I know how to use a hex editor... i just dont know what i did wrong... pls just post 1 answer to my problem not 12345423 speculations

and yes... i'm gonna do the editing by hand... and i'm not gonna give up... i hope )
Old 01/27/2006, 22:27   #2

*bump*
still waiting for an answer from some1 who knows what i'm talking about
Old 01/28/2006, 02:04   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathLord@Jan 27 2006, 22:27
*bump*
still waiting for an answer from some1 who knows what i'm talking about
You have to make sure the file is exactly the same length as it was before i think, I had the same problem with the moonbox tokens when i did them by hand.

no offence to you but i don't see you finishing your task of doing it all by hand.
Old 01/28/2006, 09:06   #4

Why bother entering all the names by hand when you can use automatic tools?

#moved
Old 01/28/2006, 14:16   #5

@chocoman4k
cause automatic tools give a few errors as stated by kitsune...
@chris
none taken... but i wanna do this for myself in the first place...
Old 01/28/2006, 16:52   #6

if u need a backup file incase u didnt make a copy of the original, i can post
Old 01/28/2006, 17:16   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathLord@Jan 28 2006, 14:16
@chocoman4k
cause automatic tools give a few errors as stated by kitsune...
That is simply not true. It's like saying "all politicians are men", my automatic itemtype name renamer worked until the last version, when you find a procession bug you simply program the tool not to do it anymore.
Old 01/28/2006, 22:09   #8

@blueshad0vv
i always make backups
@chocoman4k
didn't know it works with no errors... last time i checked the post for the itemtype.dat said that there was 7 or more items with errors.... well if there is no need for a manual modify then i wont do it
i just saw kitsune posting that she needs a crew of ppl to do the file by hand so thats why i decided to do it... but eh...
gonna try doing something else then...
Old 01/29/2006, 07:00   #9

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathLord@Jan 28 2006, 22:09
@blueshad0vv
i always make backups
@chocoman4k
didn't know it works with no errors... last time i checked the post for the itemtype.dat said that there was 7 or more items with errors.... well if there is no need for a manual modify then i wont do it
i just saw kitsune posting that she needs a crew of ppl to do the file by hand so thats why i decided to do it... but eh...
gonna try doing something else then...
mine works 100% error free after i found the 1 error in the meteorscrolls after 4294
Old 01/29/2006, 18:58   #10

if I get it right, you ask us not to post speculations about what you have done wrong, but you ask us what you have done wrong without?

you probably overwritten certain information, you modified the bits before the "syntetic helmet" (w/e its called) to something like "L1syntetic helmet")..If you have done so are you sure you didnt overwrote the item id (which would explain why it shows a stancher)..Perhaps they now have a checksum check (meaning you cant add additional byte's of data because something checks whether the file is XX bytes large?
Old 01/30/2006, 00:43   #11

@Tw3ak
didn't know there was a bug free version... thats why i decided to try... now that i know i'll dedicate my time for something else... like passing my exams (
@mind...
when i edited the file i overwritten some of the bytes (empty spaces) and i haven't changed the filesize... insert rulz... anyway... no point in posting my file here cause it is already posted somewhere else ... i just did it cause i wanted to... (to bad i won't be getting the gratz and + karma ) but hey... i'll try something doing something more usefull :P