Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

socket armour easy

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
okok i got this going on in saphire 3 of my freinds have used dbs on there rb armour lvl 110 1 soc and they do it in market first they db it to elite then super elite-super they got sockets both of them COINCIDENCE or SOCKET BUG...

Old   #2

is your karma this bad because you are telling like
"the same old story again"
dont get me wrong its just a question

Old   #3

ahahaha shut up....

where the hell did i put socket armour anywhere iblunt idiot... oh thats right i didnt... ure just trying to be smart
Old   #4

wasnt ment to be agressive im so sorry.. could you define somehow more how these sockets appeared then.

when you tell us you should at least think about adding info on the times etc to the socket project but as your said your friend did it .. im pretty sure you aint got that much informations bout those things...

l8er mate

Old   #5

like it says at top of screen they upgraded armour at market with certain ammount of dbs uni-elite-super and they got another socket i dont know when it was yeesh i was just saying maybe its a bug uping that socket rb armour at market with dbs
because 2 of them got it same day thats either lucky or a bug u tell me
Old   #6

I've upgraded my promo armour to super..nothing...I say coincidence...
Old   #7

kk ty hacks just a lil thought :/ just 2 people 1 day u know seems really strange
Old   #8

i guess its been a coincidence too since it happened to both of them it could be more than just luck... maybe they should check it out more detailed like a lot of people are currently
Old   #9

There's tonnes of rumors about how to get sockets but they all lack evidence and complete information. If you approach it logically, there must be some kind of random chance. Only a team of idiot programmers would base a random calculation purely on the time of day for instance. Also, why would they bother with complex algorythms to determine socket chance that have the possibility to be predicted when one simple line of code can generate a random number that cannot? Admittedly, if the number generator is seeded to the system clock then there could be a time correlation, but, a difference of 1 millisecond would mean a radical difference in the generated number.

I know random number sequences can be predicted too, but only in a perfectly ordered environment, there's a ton of entropy being introduced by the unpredictable actions of players. You could only correctly predict the sequence by knowing exactly how many times it is being hit due to the actions of other players, and seeing as you cannot effectively do that without having a character logged in to every single visible zone in the game, it's a near impossibility.

Based on that, my conclusion would be that sockets are completely unpredictable.
Old   #10

Good statement.
Old   #11

what i wanna kno is about the socket bug ppl actually use and no one seems to kno anything about it. just read this thread

he mentioned ppl using "socket bug"
Old   #12

Well, all i have heard is 3rd party info at best and thus is open to a degree of error (and exageration) creeping into it as it passes via gossip but.....

1. There appears to be some issue regarding the guy in Bird Island who sockets weapons. The story differs slightly from different sources but apparently a hack/bug/exploit exists in which he can be made to socket particular kinds of armor. If this is true, then how it is accomplished seems to be a close guarded secret. It could even have been patched by now and we would not be any the wiser. The big uh-uh i have about this story is because it is armor that is socketed. Socketed armor can be gained by leveling a reborn character back up and thus will be more abundant than other socketed items. It would therefore be easy for someone who wanted to look like a "1337 h4x0r" to say "Ya3 1 u53d h4x 2 get d1z 4r/\/\0rzzz". There have been previous hacks that worked similar to this however, where one item can be made to appear like another because the server only does a half *** job at checking its ID, so this still could hold some water.

2. Low max durability greatly increases the chance of a socket. Thus you wear the **** thing right down to nearly 0 max dura, then try to upgrade it in TC. I seriously doubt this rumour. It sounds more like something someone made up and told a bunch of people, and by chance someone got a socket doing it and said "OMFG it workssssss yayyyyyyyyy"!!

Just my Chanel No.5 and Christian Dior Addict
Old   #13

well i do remember a patch that came out a few months ago that screwed everything up and it showed the items on different slots, like an armor in the weapons slots so maybe thats one way we can possibly try it out
Old   #14

Qonquer - I agree with what your saying, but I just wanted to throw in, the lowest max dura is 2. I've done it on lvl 10 boots before. Nothing when I upgraded though.
Old   #15

With what Qonquer said would it be possible to tell the server that say an armor was a weapon and be able to socket it in BI using the artisan?