Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 04:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[FAQ] I want to make a bot. How can I start?

Discussion on [FAQ] I want to make a bot. How can I start? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[FAQ] I want to make a bot. How can I start?

This is an extension of my previous thread relating directly to packets and bots. I've been posting these links a few times over the last week or so and figured it may be easier if I throw them in a single thread and link to it instead.

I want to bot for free!!! How can I?

The first thing you need to understand is that there are currently no free bots out there. If you want to bot and not pay then you will have to either give up, or learn some programming and write your own bot. There's a number of ways to go about that but if you have zero programming knowledge, you're best off starting with C# as it's what most frameworks and guides on epvp are written in.

NOTE: There is no 'best' language for writing a bot. I'm simply mentioning C# because there's an insane amount of public resources related to both private servers, bots and proxies on epvp written in that language. They've done 95 percent of your work for you so if you are just starting out, it's your easiest solution.

BEFORE CONTINUING: ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS

-Am I willing to put real time and effort into this?

If the answer is no then you are best off giving up and just buying a bot. We're talking about days->weeks of reading, experimenting and reading some more to make something that works properly.

-Do I have a basic understanding of programming languages? (C# recommended for resources I will be linking to but not essential)

If the answer is no, take a few days->week to read a few books on the subject and write some small entry level projects to get a good grasp on how to work in the language of your choice.

Here's some handy links to act as reference

-Is my English good enough to understand what people are writing?

Not being racist here but all of the information I'm linking to is in English.. if it's your second or third language you may have issues. This is nothing to be ashamed about but you may want to work on your English a bit before continuing just so it will be less painful for you. Alternatively, you could try to find some entry level programming guides in your language and then struggle through the final steps of writing an actual bot using the english examples on epvp.

HOW DO I WRITE MY BOT?

You have a number of possibilities when it comes to writing your bot.. The first thing you need to determine is what do I want my bot to do?

The two most common methods of writing a bot are;

-Client based hooks
-Man in the middle proxy

[Hook based Bot]

In a hook based solution you will be attaching to the client's send and receive functions. From there you can use them to read information being sent between the client/server, modify this data, block it and even hijack the process to send your own packets to control the client.

You can also read various variables from memory to pull out character information (Client selector tool to attach the bot to a client already logged in)

NOTE: To do this you will need a basic understanding of assembly/olly to pull out updated send/receive/basecharacter addresses as the client is patched. This will take you some effort but is worth it for the fantastic results.

-Hook based framework with example

[Proxy based bot]

In a proxy based solution, you trick the client into connecting to your own program which then forwards the connection to the server. Once encryption is established, you have full control of the packet flow between the two and can do whatever you wish.

NOTE: Current password encryption as well as DHExchange is NOT public. As such, making a proxy based bot is quite difficult right now. This does not mean it should not be attempted. If you have good knowledge of reverse engineering and assembly, you could work on pulling out the new key exchange code and update a number of public frameworks.

-Proxy based framework example including tutorials

-More information on Proxies/Packets/Bots

[Macro/AutoIt based bot]

If your needs are very simple (EG: scater bot, xp skill leveler, auto donator for private servers etc) then you could write a simple macro to perform pre-recorded actions. There's a number of examples out there if you do some googling and plenty of programs that will work. AutoIt is a bit more advanced then some but also often detected by the client. I cannot speak to the safety or reliability of any one solution but it's something to consider if you have fairly basic requirements.

[Closing]
So I whipped this up in a few minutes so I can stop re-searching all these links every time someone asks. If I was un-clear on anything or you feel I should add more sections/links then please let me know. I'm more than willing to expand on this a bit more for people but I feel this should definitely answer some questions for those who fail at searching for themselves.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/29/2012, 22:51   #2

elite*gold: 0
Thank you!
You are awesome!
Old 05/30/2012, 06:43   #3

nice nice you have been missed down at chrome :P
Old 05/30/2012, 07:11   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Just throwing it out there but all of the paid bots provide a scriptable (at minimum) if not fully reprogrammable API to develop bots in. Purchasing a sub to one and simply using their offered API for the purposes of creating a bot seems far more beneficial and less time consuming than writing from ground up.

This goes back to whether the programmer is trying to learn how a bots underlying components work and blend together, or if s/he simply wants to implement the logic of a bot and have it do whatever.
Old 05/30/2012, 10:27   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Just throwing it out there but all of the paid bots provide a scriptable (at minimum) if not fully reprogrammable API to develop bots in. Purchasing a sub to one and simply using their offered API for the purposes of creating a bot seems far more beneficial and less time consuming than writing from ground up.

This goes back to whether the programmer is trying to learn how a bots underlying components work and blend together, or if s/he simply wants to implement the logic of a bot and have it do whatever.
I completely agree that there are plenty of options to learn scripting using various bot API's but this thread is dedicated to those looking to create a free bot.

Note the "If the answer is no [In regards to putting in time and effort for creating a bot] then you are best off giving up and just buying a bot." statement in the original post.
Old 10/05/2013, 22:42   #6

Nice guide,im currently Learning c++ but seeing most of thé bots i uséd were written in c# and Now im Re considering c++ and moving to c#, c# might be little more easy for me to learn,IM bit of dummy .IM trying to create a bot for Tera and was Wondering if a memory based bot would be best way to do this,ok b planning on creating bots for other games as well next year, but it depends on how far I get,IM new and I get lost with googles sea of **** on this topic,I have visual studio ultimate and it's a shame idk how to use it lol.my problem is I need to have more patents instead of quickly trying to jump from place to place .this is a good guide and was wondering if any of you guys had more info on the steps like how much of c# do I need to really need to know,then once I am comfortable on the syntax should I learn visual c# and study how to apply c# in oop? Then after all that learn assembly ,reverse engineering software, the reason for this post is to make sure IM headed toward the right direction cause once I commit IM not stopping lol. I've used chrome long long time ago and loved it,I used cogen,I've used zuras bot for tera and another for neverwinter,there are more but can't remember . Any references anyone have would be wonderful.the start is always the hardest and IM a noob afterall
Old 10/06/2013, 01:09   #7

Received Thanks: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniteHackerz View Post
IM trying to create a bot for Tera and was Wondering if a memory based bot would be best way to do this.
You might wanna consider writing a bot for a less protected game than Tera as its heavily protected and a pain in the *** to debug. Wait until you have enough reverse engineering experience, And you are confident that you can defeat their anti-debugging techniques.

It seemed only fair to warn you :P
Old 10/06/2013, 02:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
You might wanna consider writing a bot for a less protected game than Tera as its heavily protected and a pain in the *** to debug. Wait until you have enough reverse engineering experience, And you are confident that you can defeat their anti-debugging techniques.

It seemed only fair to warn you :P
sweet,ty man.il start with the basics and mess with maple story or silkroad online lol but seeing my lack of experiance purhaps minesweeper is more up my ally lol.

currently watching a nice 200 vid tutorial on c# from thenewboston.org . great tuts i must say..