Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Pking

Discussion on Pking within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Firstly this isnt coming from a pro pker, my pk points i average a week are only around 5k :/ most of those are burnt off mining in the jail or loitering around.

- So what exactly is a pker?
A pker is a Player Killer, they go around and deliberately kill another player

- Whats the best setup to pk?
This is my own opinion, but with facts backed up by my friends

Trojan:
Blade - it has a compromize between damage and speed, and with fixed fastblade it has range. good for taos and fellow trojans
Sword - the sword is simmilar to blade, slighly lower damage but its a lot faster, the damage/time ratio equals out roughly in swords favour, and phoenix increases sword damage. The swords ranged skill, scent sword is arguably the best melee move for archers and fire taos, it seems to hit higher on archers.
Club - Slow but powerful, combining any of the 3 with a weapon of same class = hercules, which if used well is devastating in a pk. Most who use hercules are club/club due to the high damage and radial damage, its hard to master jumping and hercing but when you have it down to a T it is effective.

Lesser weapons to mention are Daggers and Hooks, if you have a fairly decent dagger, such as a super 2soc with two RFG or SFG in you can inflict significant damage, hooks are simmilar to swords, but with lower damage, but they are also a lot cheaper and more frequent in market.
Typical Pyramid price for a lv 100 super hook is 1.5kk

Warriors:
Much simmilar to trojan, except they cant duel wield so no hercules.
the two 2 handed weapons to take into consideration pking are
Wand - Has the skill snow, which is fast to level and inflicts radial damage, a little like rage, but i think with a slightly bigger range (needs testing)
Wands are sought after on my server, a elite 2 soc is around 15kk and a super 2soc atleast 25-30kk
Spear - Most think wtf? spear? they are cheap, uncommon throughout most warriors and people think their skill SpeedGun sucks, well no it doesnt.
When it comes to pking, there is often more than 1 person you go after, speedgun is a little like fastblade, but without the right click. It lengthens the attack and does slightly increased damage.

Archers:
Only 1 way to go for a archer, rapid fire.
A small lowdown on the special arrows though
Thunderbolt - Inflicts slightly higher damage than regular, followed up with a fast flurry of attacks, but the damage is roughly 3x lower per hit on these.
Firebolt - Calls forward lightning simmilar to that of a taoists, before creating a on screen explosion like the guild gate bombs. Lags the screen and is generally annoying. However if you just wish to cause mass chaos, fire off a couple in a crowded area with pk mode set and rake in kills.
Poison - Incredibly useful, can stun a reborns guard for valuable seconds, and they poison the target causing steady damage over time.

With rapidfire when fixed it fires around the 20 or so arrows at the target, which is 9/10 enough to kill the target, if it doesnt its usually enough to scare the pker away, or allow for a passer by to intervene.
NB: rapidfire uses stamina, so make sure the bar is full

Taoists:
Water - I generally havent seen a water tao pk, if they do its usually using lightning, which without ample magic defence can cause up to 1k+ damage
Fire - Arguably the counter for archers, a fire taoist can devastate a archer, because they have powerful spells, good range and they seem to defend magic arrows better than other classes. They most commonly pk using tornado.

Now that the fundamentals of pk arsenal is out of the way, how to pk

TwinCity:

You should all know TC is a off limits for pking, however the Guild Area (acessable next to Boxer) isnt.

Guild Area:

Be careful here, mostly high levelled reborns gather here for wars and to kill passing noobs who are going for powerlevel.
Because this is a wide open area all classes are good here, but the best i would reccomend are fire taoists, 120+ archers and 110+ trojans

Ape City/Mountain:

This is the hotspot for pking on majority of servers, the area of the city to the east just out of guards range favours trojans and warriors, but there are overlooks just above which you can glitchjump up to, or shift screen and hop on them, these provide vantage points for taoists and archers.
I beleive Ape City is favoured because there is a conductor so close so you can escape into market should you go red, so you dont loose any of your vital equipment.

Phoenix Castle:

There is a common area just south of the Pharmacist, most people converge here to chat and beg for a plvl at the Hawking Cave (Wonderland)
This favours archers more than any other class, as they can range and fire before flying away.

Bird Island/Reed Island:
I dont like this place, unless in city its hard to get a good lock on and in the city there isnt much place outside guard range, id say the best bit is the south eastern area of the city though, just near the west entrance. The city favours trojans because its normally noobs or archers who converge here to either plvl, lvl or try to pk, and due to trojans attack and fb/ss they have a key edge.

Some facts to note:

Archers when flying cant be hit by guard, patrol and trojans, unless reborn with guard.
Warriors have a useful skill called Flying Moon, its a xp skill, and can hit a flying archer, and usually kill them in one shot
Water taoists are plvled to 110 by high level archers, usually for the 110 promo db and a db fee(around 1-2 usually)
When waters rb its 9/10 to a trojan, for divine hare

Gold guards have a ridiculously high m atk, the only class who can effectively pk a 105+ rb with gold guard is a fire tao because with good equipment they take 1-10 from the guard.

When you flash white/blue relog and your color resets back to white, effective
Pentinence Amulets which lower pkp by 30 can only be used once you go red, and can only be used once a day.

PKP RUNDOWN:

1-29 pkp - white (cant lose any eq if killed)
30-99 - red (can randomly lose a piece of equipped equipment, sometimes you lose none sometimes you can lose 2-3)
100-30000 - black (when you are pked by somebody else you lose ALL equipped items, if you ever go black HIDE and have all your equipment stored in a warehouse)

Any questions ask, i know most know this already but its for the newbies, i play on Pyramid server, you can most commonly contact me via PaRaDoX which is my warrior market mule.
Old 02/14/2007, 15:17   #2

Pretty good guide, one thing though

the "never see water taoists pking". They pk all the time but usually are redistro for melee.
Quote:

"Archers when flying cant be hit by guard, patrol and trojans, unless reborn with guard."
This is a common falacy. They can be hit just not easily, if you target to the top right of the body is will target them instead of hitting their body to target.

And finally something else mentioned but not explained, when flashing to log out and back in, jump to the top left corner and while in the air jump to bottom right and do this one or two times and you will automatically logout. Or if using a speedhack just click iin a small area like 10 times quickly and it will also d/c.

Nevertheless, a nice comprehensive guide, +k
Old 02/14/2007, 16:06   #3

u have program kill but pkp dont up ?
Old 02/14/2007, 16:07   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by shaymoss+Feb 14 2007, 15:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shaymoss @ Feb 14 2007, 15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

"Archers when flying cant be hit by guard, patrol and trojans, unless reborn with guard."
This is a common falacy. They can be hit just not easily, if you target to the top right of the body is will target them instead of hitting their body to target.

[/b]

i forgot about that hehe, i havent been able to get on conq since about 9am, reformatted pc and got the c3_core error =/

<hr>Append on Feb 14 2007, 16:09<hr><!--QuoteBegin--boy2t
@Feb 14 2007, 16:06
u have program kill but pkp dont up ? [/quote]
that would be server side i beleive, so i think packet editing?

if there was any hack for conquer like that it would be very private
Old 02/14/2007, 17:25   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by boy2t@Feb 14 2007, 16:06
u have program kill but pkp dont up ?
Mhmm, ^^, client side only.
Old 02/14/2007, 18:26   #6

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,160
atchers can be hited by patrols lol
Old 02/14/2007, 18:29   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ikaethos@Feb 14 2007, 13:03

Spear - Most think wtf? spear? they are cheap, uncommon throughout most warriors and people think their skill SpeedGun sucks, well no it doesnt.
When it comes to pking, there is often more than 1 person you go after, speedgun is a little like fastblade, but without the right click. It lengthens the attack and does slightly increased damage.

actually fixed speed gun does 210% of damage. which is a lot more than a "slight increase" Nice little guide though, good try for contribution.
Old 02/14/2007, 21:18   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonicDonut+Feb 14 2007, 18:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DemonicDonut @ Feb 14 2007, 18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ikaethos@Feb 14 2007, 13:03

actually fixed speed gun does 210% of damage. which is a lot more than a "slight increase" Nice little guide though, good try for contribution. [/b][/quote]
im not overly wise on the 2h weapon skills, however i did most of my calcs on average, so due to spears massive damage diffrence, it was a generalisation, thanks for sharing that though

@huseby, when flying, my archer has never been hit by a patrol, only when on the ground, and it hit a feeble 1 then D:

thanks for the comments btw people, im putting together some fundamental guides for people, for stuff such as basic levelling and hunting ect the feedback helps me plan the following stuff
Old 03/13/2007, 15:52   #9

nice quide only a few small things..... id sugest using a scepter/axe in stead of club cos u can precisely kill one enemie in stead of accidently killing noobs when rage hits and they get 2 close*really hate that*+ water taos can use divine +guard combo witch is really anoying and the blue arrows deal eaven more dmg if the thing u are targeting moves