Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Hexediting tutorial

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hex-editing in Conquer Online

Hello everyone, I am going to try teaching you guys a little about the use of a hex-editor in the game ?Conquer Online?. I am pretty noobish in writing tutorials so please forgive me, if something is unclear I will do my best to answer the question

*Q: What do I need before I can start?

A: To tweak around with Conquer online you don?t need that much;
A copy of the game (duh) and a decent hex editor, I use ?Hex Workshop v4.2? in this tutorial, but I think any other hex editor is fine either

*Q: What can I do with it?

A: Well, its not that spectacular, since all the things you can edit are client sided, don?t expect to sell stanchers for mad cash or so, its mostly about changing item names and descriptions, make it look like shops sell mad items, sneak-peeking and messing with monster names and size?s.

-Some basic knowledge

In the beginning, all the mess with hex editors was not needed, in the /ini folder were most of the ini files and you could edit them right away. However, this changed after some people noticed you could change the superman spell to cast it on others. The ?.dat? files were born, filtering away the ?complete noobies?. From this point, the .dat?s were used.

Nevertheless, the ?.dat?s? are encrypted copy?s of the ?.ini?s?, but the encryption is terrible so most hex editors can just read it

-The difference

Most of the ?.ini?s? in CO are build like this:

[header]
parameter1=value1
parameter2=value2
parameter3=value3
[header2]

this is pretty easy to modify

however, the ?.dat?s? in CO are build like this:

headervalue1value2value3header2

This can be pretty annoying to edit, if you don?t know the un-edited value?s, so its wise to keep a copy of the old ini?s. Also, the numbers you need to change are hexa-decimal (e.g A3)

That?s is about the basic knowledge, usefull to read if you are interested in how it works.

Now its time for the monkey-see monkey-doo part

editing the monster.dat

okey, lets start with making meteordove?s as large as giants and treasurebirds as small as gremlins

*make backups
*Open the monster.ini in notepad
*Open the monster.dat in hexeditor
*at the Meteordove part, you will see this

Quote:

[MeteorDove]
SizeAdd=1
ZoomPercent=100
MaxLife=50000
Level=32
To be honest, I have no idea what sizeadd means, but Zoompercent seems clear, it is the rate in which the model is sized, so it uses the meteordovemodel at 100%. Changin this is pointless, so lets head to the monster.dat .. In there, you will see something like this (hex workshop)

Quote:

MeteorDove........P... .......

And

4D 6574 656F 7244 6F76 6501 0000 0064 0000 0050 C300 0020 0000 0009 0000 00
*highlight MeteorDove

you will see that in the other screen this will be highlighted:

Quote:

4D 6574 656F 7244 6F76 65
You will not edit this(this time, that is the monster name)

So?somewhere in the following serie you need to change something..

Quote:

01 0000 0064 0000 0050 C300 0020 0000 0009 0000 00
you need to edit the second value, the first one was 1 in the ini (so 01 in the hex), and the second one was 100 (64 in the hex).
See the 64 in the serie? Good.. lets make it some big number..

*change
Quote:

01 0000 0064 0000 0050 C300 0020 0000 0009 0000 00
into:
Quote:

01 0000 00FF 0000 0050 C300 0020 0000 0009 0000 00
*make sure you have backups
*save the mess
*go to game and look for a meteordove
*see the result?

Do you think you can do the Treasure bird alone? Of course you can, I believe in ya

Few points about this:
*Changing maxlife will not make killing easier, it will just change the hpbar
*I haven?t messed with level yet, I doubt it will be usefull.
*one word?BACKUPS!!!!

-tweaking with itemtype.dat

First thing to say: sorry to disappoint you all, but I think most of the things here, are infact stored serverside, with exception of the item names

Lets start!
Since there is no use to the ini (its kinda?encrypted?), we leave it alone

*open itemtype.dat in your hexeditor
*scroll down

have fun changing the names, it?s the easiest changing it in the box at the right part of the screen, I recommend you not inserting new letters/numbers, but just replace them. I don?t know if Conquer looks at file size?s, but if it does, you cant play the game.
Things you could do:

->Changing the command tokens name, makes it easier if you die and loose some tokens

->Ever seen a ?zeng?s bag?? there is no way to obtain them, you just can look at name?s

-tweaking with shop.dat

ok?
changing this will only let you see things, not buy things, shops are serversided

*open shop.ini (in notepad)

you will see this:
Quote:

[Header]
Amount=20

[Shop0]
ID=3
Name=Drugstore
Type=5
Etc?
*open shop.dat (in hexeditor)

you will see the right window is useless?
Since it might be difficult for you to identify letters in hex, you will just look for number value?s and guess a little.. the first value we will see in the files will be 20 (or 14 in hex)?wait a second, there are no headers here?great!..or not!

From another ini file(npc.ini) we can see that ID=3 means the shop is a pharmachist, which means the first item in their shop menu is a stancer..so stancer has the id 1000000 (4042 0F00). So if you want a peek at a item, change every 4042 0F00 to the hex-value of the Item Id you want to peek at (these can be obtained from itemtype.dat, it?s the number just before the name of the item)

That was about all I could think of at the moment which is related to hex and conquer online..

This tutorial was made by Mind?

elitepvpers.com ?your best is our worst?

Thanks
6 Users
Old 08/08/2005, 21:45   #2

Thanks for taking the time and effort to explain this!

+1 karma!

Old 08/08/2005, 21:46   #3

auf deutsch >;O
Old 08/08/2005, 21:48   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Trazer@Aug 8 2005, 21:46
auf deutsch >;O
Ahh **** that would take ages to translate, ill work on it *sigh* lol.

Let me know if you really want a german translation, as so I dont waste my time lol.

Old 08/08/2005, 21:50   #5

@ultimatedestroyer: Thanks ^^, but would you like to not quote such post again..its already pretty muh of a scroller:P

@Trazer: >.<; Ich spreche nicht so viel deutch <--- about the only german I can ...(shame on the dutchman lol:P)
Old 08/08/2005, 21:51   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by mind...@Aug 8 2005, 21:50
@ultimatedestroyer: Thanks ^^, but would you like to not quote such post again..its already pretty muh of a scroller:P

@Trazer: >.<; Ich spreche nicht so viel deutch <--- about the only german I can ...(shame on the dutchman lol:P)
Hahaha my bad dude, I realized that after I posted.

Think I can fix it.

EDIT: Fixed

EDIT 2: Your German says, "I speak not so well German" roughly.
Old 08/08/2005, 21:56   #7

yeah...something like that:P, and thanks for removing the scroller
Old 08/08/2005, 21:59   #8

Np glad to help.

If you like I might take the time to translate your post into German, up to you though if your not bothered its cool.
Old 08/08/2005, 22:04   #9

=) Translate it to every language you want, but keep the evp tag and preferbly my name in it
Old 08/09/2005, 01:22   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by mind...@Aug 8 2005, 22:04
=) Translate it to every language you want, but keep the evp tag and preferbly my name in it
Will do&#33;
Old 08/09/2005, 04:21   #11

Moved and Pinned =D Good Job&#33;
Old 08/09/2005, 09:34   #12

is there any way to edit any ini file to make a guard auto attack a monster that attacks u for CO2? cause i know that EvilBat (Summon monster) will auto attack monsters if they attack u, anyway to make this work for guards?
Old 08/10/2005, 08:40   #13

i got questions:
1. if we change the HP of a mob say make it very short like 10 % of the real HP, does it mean we would kill and get exp faster in the game? or its just clientside effect which mean useless?

2. Its about item in pharmacist inventory. Say, if we change a stancher to a meteor by switching the value of stancher to meteor in .dat. Does this mean we can buy meteor from pharmacist? If can, would it still be stancher but having apeareance of a meteor or a real meteor?
Old 08/10/2005, 11:26   #14

Quote:
i got questions:
1. if we change the HP of a mob say make it very short like 10 % of the real HP, does it mean we would kill and get exp faster in the game? or its just clientside effect which mean useless?
its a clientside effect..if you kill the mob in 2 shots, it will not turn the mob in a 1-hitter

Quote:

2. Its about item in pharmacist inventory. Say, if we change a stancher to a meteor by switching the value of stancher to meteor in .dat. Does this mean we can buy meteor from pharmacist? If can, would it still be stancher but having apeareance of a meteor or a real meteor?
tried that, I switched the 1000000(stancher) for the dragonball id, when I accesed the pharmachist than, I saw a db in the first slot, price was 10k, the amount was 199, so I tried to buy the db with 10k, didnt worked, I tried to change the itemtype.dat so that the amount would be 1, didnt worked...

That is all about it I think...
Old 08/17/2005, 21:57   #15

Wow, gj thx for doing this. lol, I was searching up the forums for something like this. Thx again and +karmas

Closed Thread

« a GREAT trick that makes guard lvling not so boring | Easy TQ card »