This guide will consist of a series of guides designed to modify conquer.exe with Ollydbg using half of your brain (the other half could be missing for all I care) for easy of use and comfort. It's still small, but rest assured, I shall discover as many edits as I can (which should should have come with the game in the first place >_>) and post up-to-date tutorials.
Topics
I. Removing the Flashing Taskbar Icon
II. Hiding Players with Tab in ALL Areas
I. Removing the Flashing Taskbar Icon
Have you ever gotten tired of the flashing taskbar icon when somebody whispers you or something dies or whatever various events (almost all of them, really) may happen on screen when all your trying to do is watch a movie while in the training grounds? Well, you're in luck.
5) Change the jump to a JMP. Save all changes to conquer.exe (make sure to back it up before any changes. I will NOT be held responsible for any reinstalling/repatching that must be done)
6) Run Conquer and minimize. Enjoy the now calm taskbar icon that used to be an eyesore.
II. Hiding Players with Tab in ALL Areas
I'm pretty sure you've come across the Tab button trick by now, which hides all players in Twin City/Market by pressing it. However, it doesn't work in other areas, so we have to settle for this mod. The reference points I used can change in future updates. If it does, please PM me or post in this thread.
Hint: This mod has something to do with map numbers. Check this for the list.
5) Scroll up a bit until you find "Cases 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,E,F,13,14,15..." (should be followed by GetKeyboardState). Count down 4 CALLs (form the "cases") and nop the jump over the 4th CALL.
Grab a few tutorials, or use somebody's pre-built programs. I recommend for general reversing help (starts small with the basics and works its way up). You could also google up other guides for a quick introduction to Olly.
Well, to my knowledge, there has been only one call for FlashWindow up to the latest update (5133), and it should have a variable jump over it. Since yours is a fixed jump, it pretty much means yours is patched already, unless you scrolled way too far up (doubt it) or you ran something which already patched it (most likely). If flashing persists, send me a screenshot or something over PM.
Have you ever gotten tired of the flashing taskbar icon when somebody whispers you or something dies or whatever various events (almost all of them, really) may happen on screen when all your trying to do is watch a movie while in the training grounds? Well, you're in luck.
Spoiler:
1) Open conquer.exe with Ollydbg (you may attempt to attach to a running client, but it's not necessary)
2) Right click on the window with the assembly code then click Search for > All intermodular calls Spoiler:
3) Type "Flash" and double-click on User32.FlashWindow Spoiler:
4) You should be redirected to the address in the disassembly window. Look above the code you were redirected to and find a jump over it. Spoiler:
5) Change the jump to a JMP. Save all changes to conquer.exe (make sure to back it up before any changes. I will NOT be held responsible for any reinstalling/repatching that must be done) Spoiler:
6) Run Conquer and minimize. Enjoy the now calm taskbar icon that used to be an eyesore.
I'm sorry to say that i've used OllyDBG before but, going by your guide, i was only successful in getting past steps 1 and 2. The 3rd step is where i have a problem with. Is there a way to get past the 3rd step and do the 4th step when using an Multi-client? Again, i've used OllyDBG before and i apologize for asking such a noob question. Thanks
[Request] Guide to removing Background Click checks and Away effect. 08/31/2010 - Conquer Online 2 - 1 Replies I've been searching for a tutorial to remove the above, but have been unsuccessful thus far. Anyone kind enough to either point me in the right direction or provide me a guide? Thanks in advance.
[GUIDE] Removing PK of Cronus 06/16/2010 - EO PServer Guides & Releases - 6 Replies To prohibit other maps just change the ID of the statement of Cronus.
My name keeps flashing when I Hit some1 05/31/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies Hello every1 , I have pretty good source (found it on internet) {Thanks to Google and 2shared}...Source is fixed 90% but the only bug that makes players leave is flashing name...
If I hit some1 , I Keep flashing untill I Disconect and Connect
Could you please help me?
If you have msn add me at: [email protected]
Red flashing when low health 01/23/2010 - Conquer Online 2 - 2 Replies Anyone know how to remove the file that makes you flash when youre almost dead?
Removing Guide Book 01/03/2009 - EO PServer Hosting - 4 Replies How would I go about removing the Guide Book that players start with. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..