Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Guard Pet.dat

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ok our Guard now behave this way

IF (user atk to monter);
Guard atk same monster;
Else ignore.

Used to be this way.

IF (User got hit by monster or player | Guard get hit by monster or player)
Guard terminate player or monster that risking their life.

The old dat used to do that. But what i was wondering there was a pet.ini amd i was wondering if anyone happen to have pet decrypter and encrypter?

Old   #2

There's only 2 ways a guard will act, depending on which pet.dat you use...only 2 ways...and the 2nd one is useless because it caused too many people to go red.

Old   #3

yeah we figure but i was wondering if we can enable just guard atk ppl who atk you and stop attking if thier name aint blue or red or black.

Example if player atk guard guard wont hit them but if player or monster hit the owner of guard; guard will activate and atk them until they die. or owner atk player or monster guard kill them until they die too. something like that.
Old   #4

yah that be great

Old   #5

Think about this: what happens when you attack a person and your guard kills them, they respawn, and come back? The guard will keep attacking them, even when not blue or black named. Therein lies the problem. People were attacking a rb with a noob, respawning, then going over to them and they would keep getting attacked. This means that if a rb was afk (or didnt notice) they would keep getting pk points because their guard would keep killing people. This is an easy way to lose equip. I suggest not modifying the pet file to do this.
Old   #6

or just go naked with guard out in mine
Old   #7

no way to combine the two, it causes conflicting scripts, because i tried, either i didnt script it correctly or mesed up somewhere because when the guard script loaded it makes an error and makes my conquer client close
Old   #8

is there a patch 2 make guard hit someone that flashes if there is give it i want it
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by blueshad0vv@Feb 3 2006, 16:10
no way to combine the two, it causes conflicting scripts, because i tried, either i didnt script it correctly or mesed up somewhere because when the guard script loaded it makes an error and makes my conquer client close
do u hav the decrypter for the guard file? id like to giv it a go too. tks in advance