Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

retro Cabal

Discussion on retro Cabal within the Cabal Private Server forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Old 03/27/2017, 16:10   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy2 View Post
Sorry but there is nothing famous in here?

all i see is a char with the old buffs ( All you need to do is change 1 value on the client side and everything appears on your char )

CA entrance moved to town with shield sign. ( i doubt he means the very old EP2 CA with timed Openings and FFA PvP There )

DT Dungeons are enabled by default. The only problem was the dungeon entry gets deleted each log out but that can be fixed easily.

so far nothing new and i read his features. Nothing brand new sorry. Same as normal EP8 files with just small changes to drops and items.

The only retro in here are the old buff visuals and the CA sign. But thats just 5 min of work.

Every cabal owner looks at other threads and reads if they have something new. But i really dont see anything new and worth it here lol. Just my opinion
Totaly agree
Old 03/27/2017, 17:28   #62

I would like to try out your server
Old 03/27/2017, 19:01   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy2 View Post
Sorry but there is nothing famous in here?

all i see is a char with the old buffs ( All you need to do is change 1 value on the client side and everything appears on your char )

CA entrance moved to town with shield sign. ( i doubt he means the very old EP2 CA with timed Openings and FFA PvP There )

DT Dungeons are enabled by default. The only problem was the dungeon entry gets deleted each log out but that can be fixed easily.

so far nothing new and i read his features. Nothing brand new sorry. Same as normal EP8 files with just small changes to drops and items.

The only retro in here are the old buff visuals and the CA sign. But thats just 5 min of work.

Every cabal owner looks at other threads and reads if they have something new. But i really dont see anything new and worth it here lol. Just my opinion
I agree there is no fame but I'm trying to create a server for people who don't want too many changes to the official Cabal formula. Most of my time went into research for what dropped back then and what didn't. I also did a lot of experimental things with both the client and server files so that I know what is possible and what not.

Now to your points as there are some problems with bringing the old Chaos Arena back to a server. At the moment it's a typical dungeon because I didn't try out an official script from older server files for starting the timer for the dungeon event. It could very well be that this timer doesn't work anymore with the most recent server files but I'll try it out whenever I have time.

Yes the entry items for their respective dungeons are deactivated but there is a lot more to them in order to work properly.

I'm not sure if someone noticed but the latest screenshots show the SP buff from a wizard without its debuff. I know my advertisement for the server is bad but I thought a lot about what to show and what not. Therefore players should notice some of the changes I didn't talk about only if they play.

In general there are some more neat things I implemented from which the whole community could benefit. Even though I like to share my knowledge I don't want to be copied in some of the very easy and obvious changes everyone could have done before I put my server online.

The thing is that every other server is trying to push new things out there but nobody is trying to reimplement old stuff. There is no doubt that the talked about changes may not be new additions to Cabal but I felt like defending my work as it took me a lot of time and I didn't see it on any other server!

What else can I say other than feeling honoured that some of the bigger servers took notice of my little project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus20 View Post
I felt the same while reading this. But i think the retro owner(thread owner) did very good job with long describtion of thread, which made people missunderstand things :P. At all i didn't see here anything unique/new/oldchool. Of course i wish all the best to all Devs, we need support each other xd
So what does old school mean to you? All the things I felt like being old school are implemented.

alterOpa
Old 03/28/2017, 02:43   #64

you didnt send me another msg sir .. how can i enter in your server ..
Old 03/28/2017, 14:59   #65

What I have seen from screen is that the old school time is coming back, with some feature, & class rebalancing. Also the msot important in cabal is the drop system feature, & the droptable. TG is also important too.

Most of Cabal players are those from the old time & we are sick of "NEW OP FEATURE" With buff edit & over powered items buff/ donation system reborn system.

I am sure if anytime soon a old school server feature comes it will be "famous" most of players playing p server atm are waiting for it.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/28/2017, 19:48   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifou12 View Post
What I have seen from screen is that the old school time is coming back, with some feature, & class rebalancing. Also the msot important in cabal is the drop system feature, & the droptable. TG is also important too.

Most of Cabal players are those from the old time & we are sick of "NEW OP FEATURE" With buff edit & over powered items buff/ donation system reborn system.

I am sure if anytime soon a old school server feature comes it will be "famous" most of players playing p server atm are waiting for it.
U still wonder why the hate? Its always the same with server owners, they check other threads and try to bad mouth. Thats how the world works, better say how it works around here in epvp. In the end, its the players choice where to play.
Old 03/28/2017, 19:58   #67

try to bad mouth? they just give their own opinions. Nobody has to think the same Maybe they wanted play as well xd
Old 04/01/2017, 00:52   #68

That's the thing, though. For me, and for many old time official CABAL players, the reason why the majority of private servers these days are unappealing is precisely because they butcher the vanilla experience trying to appeal to lolwutters who don't play the game with any kind of seriousness or maturity to it. Thems the facts, sorry.

I want to play in a server that tries to provide an experience as close as possible to official CABAL, minus the really low rates, minus the annoyances that come with a freemium online game (that is to say, minus all the pay to win and being forced to spend money to get anywhere, or things like not having GPS warp from the get-go), and minus any aspects of official updates that did more harm than good (where possible to change that), while keeping customs to a tasteful, quality minimum, rather than adding a lot of cringe-worthy nonsense just because it looks nice in a feature list and attracts said lolwutters.

Less (customs/nonsense) is more.

I honestly don't even care at this point whether the server will have a lot of new features or not; the fact that alterOpa seems to be on the same wavelength I am and seems to be attracting other folks who are also in that same wavelength, awakening them from their slumber seeing as the CABAL private server scene has been absolutely horrendous in general for years now, is already reason enough for me to be interested in this project, having faith in it, and wanting to see it go somewhere.

The only thing that could possibly satisfy me even further is if someone dared to redo the quests and crafting system and make a server where you're actually encouraged to do quests and craft because a) it's not made useless by the rates, either because they're too low or too high, and b) is hand-crafted to make it more appealing than vanilla (by changing rewards and recipes to more sensible and sustainable things, for example). That's the kind of mindset I've been waiting for around here for 84 years but it's yet to come because there's not enough oldschool sentiment on here. I might be a bit biased because I come from other gaming communities but, yea, anything that even remotely attempts to dip into these kinds of waters is my kind of place.

I guess most people, server owners and devs included, these days look down on that sort of thing because they think quantity is the correct criteria to decide whether a server is fun and worthwhile or not, as opposed to quality. But hell, even a high or super high rate server can be fun to play in and not a lolwut fest. Just look at the old Paradox. Stuck in EP2 and it was so far the best server I've played in. It just depends on which crowd you're trying to please. But I guess my kind of crowd isn't particularly profitable, which is quite the bummer. :^)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/02/2017, 14:39   #69

Tomorrow I'll be back with my schedule for the last configurations for the server so that in less than two weeks you'll be able to play. There will also be an update in form of a list on what features are planned for the future.

alterOpa
Old 04/03/2017, 06:37   #70

i am very excited to try out your server.. i've been waiting so long for a nice and interesting server.. Good Luck with your server!
Old 04/03/2017, 13:37   #71

As promised today I'll give you an update on what my plans are for the future of the project. To begin with I have some good and some bad news as to what the plans are and I'm sincerely sorry to everybody who might be disappointed by the end of these news.

First of all let me talk about the current status what still needs to be done till next week's Friday in order to fulfill all the promised features of my first post.
  • The starting gear for your first character needs to be reconfigured as there still are the old ones from back then
  • Each dungeon's chest has multiple drops but currently they drop five instead of two items and the extra chest for unique ring craft items are not implemented
  • Drops in general are done besides the old drop tables for Lake in Dusk up to Forgotten Temple B1F and every single map needs to be adjusted in order to fit all the changes to crafted item drops
  • The overhauled bosses aren't started yet and therefore their drop tables don't exist
  • Some of the shops like the DP Exchange Merchant shop need to be done
  • A few options in order to get items out of the Lycanus and Drei Frame Boxes need to be written
  • Bike Converters and Craftsman plus Master items exist as placeholder items but need more difficult and time consuming changes in order to display properly
  • Rank up quests need to be updated to the newer versions of the official Cabal
  • The basic craft for Siena's Bracelet isn't done but available as a purchasable placeholder item at Event Girl Yul
  • Furthermore the basic craft at the moment doesn't save for a whole account so that you'd only need to level it up on one character
  • The old bringer system with all the guardians and so on hasn't been started
  • Arcane Trace isn't implemented yet
  • An event for the start of the server
The italic bullet points are the things which in my opinion are the most important configurations left and I might be able to do them until 14th April but only if I'd sacrifice my last free time which would be when I usually sleep. Excluding all the security aspects of the server which also won't be ready on 14th April I'm planning to launch the server a few days earlier so that at least those who still want to try it out are able to do so for a little bit longer.

I could make an endless list of things I want to add to the server which conclude all the new additions of Cabal but I don't have enough time to keep the project alive and would just add more promises I'm not able to keep any longer. Therefore I want to thank everybody who supported the idea as much as I do and would like to ask if you'd even want the server to be online without some of the things mentioned above.

If I'd known that I was hindered to work on the server the last two weeks beforehand and haven't got caught up with my actual life for the next year I would have never started this thread in the first place. Nevertheless to make the best out of the situation I'd be willing to share the files to someone who absolutely wants to continue the project so that the idea doesn't die for the time I can't be active.

alterOpa
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2017, 03:48   #72

does anyone are tried to enter in this server ?

alterOpa >> why i can't enter in your server ? you send me a client tru PM but it didn't work .. i think i need manual patch to work on it ..
Old 04/04/2017, 10:47   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by awish24get View Post
does anyone are tried to enter in this server ?

alterOpa >> why i can't enter in your server ? you send me a client tru PM but it didn't work .. i think i need manual patch to work on it ..

This server is not yet online, please read again the first thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterOpa View Post
As promised today I'll give you an update on what my plans are for the future of the project. To begin with I have some good and some bad news as to what the plans are and I'm sincerely sorry to everybody who might be disappointed by the end of these news.

First of all let me talk about the current status what still needs to be done till next week's Friday in order to fulfill all the promised features of my first post.
  • The starting gear for your first character needs to be reconfigured as there still are the old ones from back then
  • Each dungeon's chest has multiple drops but currently they drop five instead of two items and the extra chest for unique ring craft items are not implemented
  • Drops in general are done besides the old drop tables for Lake in Dusk up to Forgotten Temple B1F and every single map needs to be adjusted in order to fit all the changes to crafted item drops
  • The overhauled bosses aren't started yet and therefore their drop tables don't exist
  • Some of the shops like the DP Exchange Merchant shop need to be done
  • A few options in order to get items out of the Lycanus and Drei Frame Boxes need to be written
  • Bike Converters and Craftsman plus Master items exist as placeholder items but need more difficult and time consuming changes in order to display properly
  • Rank up quests need to be updated to the newer versions of the official Cabal
  • The basic craft for Siena's Bracelet isn't done but available as a purchasable placeholder item at Event Girl Yul
  • Furthermore the basic craft at the moment doesn't save for a whole account so that you'd only need to level it up on one character
  • The old bringer system with all the guardians and so on hasn't been started
  • Arcane Trace isn't implemented yet
  • An event for the start of the server
The italic bullet points are the things which in my opinion are the most important configurations left and I might be able to do them until 14th April but only if I'd sacrifice my last free time which would be when I usually sleep. Excluding all the security aspects of the server which also won't be ready on 14th April I'm planning to launch the server a few days earlier so that at least those who still want to try it out are able to do so for a little bit longer.

I could make an endless list of things I want to add to the server which conclude all the new additions of Cabal but I don't have enough time to keep the project alive and would just add more promises I'm not able to keep any longer. Therefore I want to thank everybody who supported the idea as much as I do and would like to ask if you'd even want the server to be online without some of the things mentioned above.

If I'd known that I was hindered to work on the server the last two weeks beforehand and haven't got caught up with my actual life for the next year I would have never started this thread in the first place. Nevertheless to make the best out of the situation I'd be willing to share the files to someone who absolutely wants to continue the project so that the idea doesn't die for the time I can't be active.

alterOpa

Take your time bro, project that come out with a rush will be crappy like those other p.server (no offense). I don't know about others players but since I have waited years for such p.server it doesnt matter for me to waited a bit more longer. Don't let the idea die because of the rush. Take your time slowly, do your job carefully, bring us the idea u promised.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/07/2017, 05:44   #74

You shouldn't worry about rushing the server; that's how you end up closing after less than a month. Honestly, the people who'd enjoy playing here the most are folks who have been waiting for a good server for a very long time, years even. Some settle with playing in what few active servers remain to scratch the itch till they get bored, while others shelved the game entirely as they waited for a good server to pop up.

Bottom line is you should only go forward with this project if you truly have the time and the means for it right now, and if you don't, you should neither feel bad about it nor feel forced to open up only not to disappoint anyone. You should wait until things clear up so that you can come back to it properly, if you still want to by then. Not only for the sake of the server, but also for yours, since real life is more important, and losing interest in CABAL out of stress and frustration won't help, either. The players who loved your ideas will continue to be around, for the most part. (:
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2017, 12:21   #75

I'll try my best to implement most of the things until next week's Friday. The server will either go online Thursday night or Friday morning. I'll also provide a Discord server which you can join and talk to me if you want to. There I can also go into full detail why I won't be able to continue the project in the near future.

Hopefully some of you will still come around as I'm looking forward to play some Cabal with you.

alterOpa
Thanks
1 User