Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Warning on Cabal Rider 1.07 Beta

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [b]Warning on Cabal Rider(PH) 1.07 Beta[/b]

Please be warned that the Cabal Rider(PH) 1.07 Beta version is not an official release of Cabal Rider groups...although the bot is running good and it can bypass GG it is somehow a keylogger.

when running it the Avira Security Suite is detecting a virus
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

Description:
A generic detection routine designed to detect common family characteristics shared in several variants.

just my suggestion, don't use it until the cabal rider group officially released the newer version.

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/11/2008, 15:29   #2

thanks Dude u warned Me that early and i want you to know that i have scanned it and i saw some suspicious but i didnt know what is it but based from your info's may be its a keylogger or something but who know and now ill w8 for the Official update.. thanks again may be will see later if i got hack or something hehe

Old 07/11/2008, 15:35   #3

Wrong xD.... why CR team will put a Keylogger? do they need your account? xD.... and im asking what version did you download is it from here of from the official forum?

Avira Anti Virus? i have checked it with Bitdefender its clean?
Old 07/11/2008, 15:35   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsuki1204 View Post
Please be warned that the Cabal Rider(PH) 1.07 Beta version is not an official release of Cabal Rider groups...although the bot is running good and it can bypass GG it is somehow a keylogger.

when running it the Avira Security Suite is detecting a virus
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

Description:
A generic detection routine designed to detect common family characteristics shared in several variants.

just my suggestion, don't use it until the cabal rider group officially released the newer version.
umm no, its posted in their forums site,

Old 07/11/2008, 15:39   #5

i see then ill continue using it coz its much co0ler than the other version olthough there are some disadvantage like it stucks it self when the char is targeting another mob with obstacle >.< but when i used skills it has no obstacle >.< men the AI got _2 pts. in intellegence hehe
Old 07/11/2008, 16:02   #6

its not harmfull as you think it is...
Old 07/11/2008, 16:08   #7

what a stupid thread...ga bobo mo naman...mag rereleas ba ang CR ng may keylogger...tanga ba u...kaya nga beta test tinitignan kung may bug eh...at tsaka wala sa download section ng CR ang 1.07 nasa forum nila...ang admin pa mismo nag message...stupido...
Old 07/11/2008, 16:12   #8

sa susunod bago ka mag post ng thread mag basa ka muna ng rules...admin paki close na nga 2ng thread na 2...oh kaya paki bura na...kakadagdag lng sa mga normal threads...for thos hu r continuing participating CR...make also check there forums if theres a new version or if theres an upcoming new version...

CR supporter
fallenarc ^^,
Old 07/11/2008, 16:18   #9

maybe he's from e-games trying to scare people so that they won't bot anymore.
Old 07/11/2008, 17:33   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzle05 View Post
maybe he's from e-games trying to scare people so that they won't bot anymore.
im not from e-games in fact im also botting my char, the one i said that is harmful is the CR 1.07 posted by badburn2003 i've downloaded it some of the .dll files there has trojan.

im just posting my experiences on that beta version...thats all
Old 07/11/2008, 18:09   #11

for safe botting experience of cabal rider, only use certified bot from the original website. Not from the official website means it not official.
Old 07/12/2008, 01:39   #12

just wanna ask.. when will be the beta test stop?
Old 07/12/2008, 02:24   #13

so we will report for bugs of 1.0.7 so they'll change or repair it.
Old 07/12/2008, 02:41   #14

hmmmm pls post your scan result.... by the way did you scan it with antivirus? i will post what the developers has to say regarding this issue....
Old 07/12/2008, 03:14   #15

avira gave a false positive result??? go figure...

Last night (Wednesday, 02/Apr/08), Avira AntiVir PE Classic (ver7.06.00.270) detected three files in my computer as a possible Virus/Trojan. The warning message basically reads,

"Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen [TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen]'
detected in file 'C:\Program Files\Tantra Extreme\NGuard.dll.
Action performed: Allow access"

The three files existed in the two minipatches downloaded from Tantra Extreme website.

The three files detected as 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen [TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen]' are:

* NGuard.dll (197KB)
* NGuard.dll.1 (197KB)
* NGuard.dll.2 (197KB)

At the moment, my best guess is that NGuard is an online game protection/guard file against hacks or cheats.

I did some checks scanning the three files with Avast AV and AVG AV, both AVs found/detected nothing out of the three files above.

I checked Tantra Extreme's website to read the FAQ/troubleshooting/support related with this problem, but found no satisfying answer at all. A Google search somehow led me to a forum where someone posted in year 2004 that there were some AVs that warned of trojan with the game. However, that user said that it wouldn't make sense for the provider of the MMORPG game to release a trojan for potential customers/clients to download and get infected.

Anyway, I ran a search again via Avira's forum site, and the following led me to suspect that I might have experienced a False Positive warning from Avira AV related with the there files above. The links to the forum and other related posts are:

* Spr/psw.ras.a.4.
* XPACK.Gen
* Trojan TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen : False positive ?

After reading some of the posts at the forum, I decided to follow the suggestion to send to Avira virus lab for analysis.

* Suspicious Files and Miscellaneous Uploads
* Zip the suspicious files with archiving/compression tools like WinZIP, WinRAR, or 7Zip
* Password the compressed files
* Upload the password-protected, compressed files

Within a few minutes later, Avira's website posted the results of the analysis.
File ID/Filename/Size (Byte)/Result
3807732/NGuard.dll.2/197 KB/FALSE POSITIVE

* The file 'NGuard.dll.2' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm.

3807733/NGuard.dll.1/197 KB/FALSE POSITIVE

* The file 'NGuard.dll.1' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm.

3807732/NGuard.dll.2/197 KB/FALSE POSITIVE

* The file 'NGuard.dll.2' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm.

That's real neat! Avira provided such a quick response, and offers user the option to upload, send and report a particular problem. Thumbs up to Avira and crews!

A slight little note... It seemed strange, I remembered compressing three different NGuard.* files, namely NGuard.dll, NGuard.dll.1, NGuard.dll.2. How then did Avira posted a double reply? Unless I didn't managed to properly compress the third file, which is, NGuard.dll.