Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online > Cabal Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 03:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]How to find pointers in CE6.1

Discussion on [GUIDE]How to find pointers in CE6.1 within the Cabal Guides & Templates forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cool [GUIDE]How to find pointers in CE6.1

Ok, since I noticed a lot of questions about why adresses keep changing or how to find the base adress for an adress you found, i will poast this very short guide.

Things needed:
- Cheat Engine 6.1 or 6.2 (i still use 6.1) --> check link at the bottom of this guide
- At least some form of brains

Use of pointers:
You won't have to search an adress every time you start Cabal Online again.

BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS, READ THIS GUIDE ENTIRELY!

First of all: What is a pointer?

When you look at your adress, and you notice that this isn't static (not green, for example: 1875A6E2 , and not 00E56A8F) this means it is dynamic (keeps changing) and you have a pointer for this adress. The pointer for this adress is another adress that points to the first adress. You will be looking for a pointer that is static (doesn't change)

Lvl 1 pointer:

You search for the adress that points to your adress, and find the base adress (which is a static adress, and would be green if you add this to your adress list) with its offset right away.

Multi-level pointers are a bit harder:

When you search for the pointer there, you will find another dynamic adress, which has a pointer on it's own. This can go on for quite a while (max I ever found on fixedmain.exe was a lvl 11 pointer: so 11 pointers before i found the base adress).

How to find a lvl 1 pointer?

1. First find the address of the value and put the adress in your adress list.
2. Then right-click it and choose 'Find out what accesses this adress'. (and choose yes after that) A debugger will now open. When this is opened you need to change the value of the adress. Then you can see in asm-code what it does. Most of the time this is something like: mov [est],eax.
3. Then double click it and you see that there is a line of text which tells you what the value of the pointer will probably be.
4. Go back to the main CE window and click the check box Hex in front of the place where you insert a value. Then do a new scan for the value that the extra window tells you the pointer will probably be, and you will find one adress (or more, then it's usually the smallest one).
5. Now click on Add adress manually, click the pointer checkbox, fill in the adress you just found, and you're done.

!!! If the expression between [ and ] is for example: [esi + 18] then you need to set the offset at 18 when you add the pointer !!!

How to find multi-level pointers?

1. Same method actually, except you choose 'Find out what writes to this adress'. Then you do the same as for a level 1 pointer. You add this pointer to the list and go to step 2.
2. The pointer you have added in your list then acceses another adress (it doesn't overwrite, as the first one did). So you right-click this and then choose 'Find out what accesses this adress'. And then you do the same steps as for level 1 pointers again.
3. Continue doing this last step untill you find a static base adress (green).

Here's a video that shows how to find multi level pointers:

This video explains it with the tutorial from Cheat Engine. You can also learn this from the tutorial which is found in the map of Cheat Engine installed on your computer.

Press Thanks button if you find this guide helpful!

Happy cheating all!

To download CE6.1, go to this link:

For all the videos on how to use CE, the entire tutorial is to be found here:

The videos are in Cheat Engine 5.5 but that doesn't matter, it works the same
Thanks
55 Users
Old 06/12/2012, 13:51   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 1,946
Nice guide, I am sure that people who are willing to understand will be able to do so after reading and trying this a couple times!

Perhaps worthy to note: every level 1 pointer = Base address + offset
Base address for EU episode 8 = 00B8B990

Also, if it is a level 1 pointer, you could just see the offset in the debugger screen, without double clicking. For example [0000A43F], then A43F would be the offset.

Multilevel pointers: pain in the ***!

If you have a bypass and can attach a debugger, you can practise on Cabal, for people without a bypass or people who don't play Cabal, perhaps a good way to learn multi-level pointers is downloading a single player game to practise , I used to learn pointers. Try to find the pointers for both health and ammo, if I remember clearly health is a level 1 pointer, ammo is a multi-level pointer.

Great guide!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/12/2012, 13:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbilf View Post
Perhaps worthy to note: every level 1 pointer = Base address + offset
NOTE: Base adress changes every big update (i.e. Ep7 to Ep8)
Old 06/12/2012, 20:07   #4

question... how to find the base addresS? ^^,
Old 06/12/2012, 20:36   #5

@nasyer_boy
if you are on EU, by reading my previous post, there I said:
Quote:
I think for PH it is 00A483A0 (could be the old one, since new once are in 00Bx xxxx region for EU and NA)

And for NA it is 00B7F850

To answer your qeustion:
Most of the time you can find it by just looking at the debug window, if it is a level 1 pointer, that is how I found it;P
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/12/2012, 21:34   #6

Great guide, even a noob like me understood it perfectly and now thanks to you and bartbilf i wont need to search for the 'no entry' address anymore. Thanks
Old 06/12/2012, 21:39   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasyer_boy View Post
question... how to find the base addresS? ^^,
If you keep doing these steps, at a certain point you will find an adress that is collored green, this is the base adress
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2012, 22:30   #8

tnx for this ts sir i finally get my 1 address of cheat 1 want to fix its hard because its a multi lvl pointer i finally get it right^_^ sir bartbilf is right ite a really pain in the *** and 1 lvl pointers are easy.its very very helpfull.
Old 06/13/2012, 03:45   #9

how to find the multi-level pointers in cabal??if the address change every time I restarted the cabal..
Old 06/13/2012, 05:48   #10

its in the video sir just try to understand it its a challenge for us who starts with nothing in this kind of field but if we if we got it right its a new knowledge that will add it our minds
Old 06/13/2012, 06:58   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight12blade View Post
how to find the multi-level pointers in cabal??if the address change every time I restarted the cabal..
The reason why you want to find a multi-level pointer is because the adress changes every time you start Cabal, but the base adress and the offsets don't... In other words: you will find a pointer that points in multiple levels to the changing adress, and gets the new adress automatically every time you start cabal -> no more searching for the adress every time
Old 06/13/2012, 15:49   #12

can you give me the exact process what should I do to find and make that multi-level pointer..
Old 06/13/2012, 16:01   #13

@Knight12blade
Look at the video and just repeat the same process you do to find level 1 pointers, look for what writes/access the address.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/14/2012, 10:44   #14

please put this on sticky
nice tuts !
Old 06/14/2012, 15:33   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight12blade View Post
can you give me the exact process what should I do to find and make that multi-level pointer..
It is all in the guide, just read it before you ask these questions

This is what it says at almost the top of the guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strontklit View Post
BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS, READ THIS GUIDE ENTIRELY!

Tags
adress, cheat, engine, guide, pointers