Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 18:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[c++]Read dynamic memory after program restart

Discussion on [c++]Read dynamic memory after program restart within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[c++]Read dynamic memory after program restart

With cheat engine it is possible to locate the adress of values inside a program or game, lets say wood. But it will only stay as long as the program is running. So if you wanted to program a trainer , to change these values in a nice and easy cheat program for singleplayer game, you need to locate memory after each time the game restarted, finding the changed adresses for the same values again.
I have not seen anything online that gave me a clue on how to do it , so if anyone knows how to analyse these structures e.g. tracing the pointer chain from a static variable up to the heap address please post some reference or tutorials here.
Old 10/20/2017, 18:37   #2

Received Thanks: 1,584
Arrow General Gaming Discussion -> C/C++

moved.
Please feel free to contact me for any questions regarding this moderation action.
Old 10/20/2017, 19:35   #3

Already notice my question is a really noob one, so I guess some tutorials or aynthing about memory related stuff would work except wikipedia.
Old 10/27/2017, 10:15   #4
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: LOCKED
You read the memory on c++ according to what you need, in c++ you can get the process running and get the pid and also track the pdi memory log so yes you can create pointers for that stack and change it.
Old 10/28/2017, 23:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamer123 View Post
With cheat engine it is possible to locate the adress of values inside a program or game, lets say wood. But it will only stay as long as the program is running. So if you wanted to program a trainer , to change these values in a nice and easy cheat program for singleplayer game, you need to locate memory after each time the game restarted, finding the changed adresses for the same values again.
I have not seen anything online that gave me a clue on how to do it , so if anyone knows how to analyse these structures e.g. tracing the pointer chain from a static variable up to the heap address please post some reference or tutorials here.
You can use cheat engine to find a pointer so the next time you run the game you can find the address of "wood".
To find a pointer, you can use these features:
- pointer scan
- find out what accesses/writes to the address
- dissect data/structure
- signature scan

Many examples can be found in youtube, just use the correct keywords in your search.
Good luck.
Old 10/30/2017, 18:28   #6

Cheat engine itself contains a tutorial. It's a good point to start. Go Cheat Engine > Help > Cheat Engine Tutorial. Complete it.

Tags
c++, hack, memory allocation, trainer, tutorials