Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 11:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

C++ DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

Discussion on C++ DLL_PROCESS_DETACH within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
C++ DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

Hi, its me again having a question about the dll_process_detach. I am injecting my dll file into a target process and running some functions... When i am closing the target process (using the [x] in the top right corner) the DLL_PROCESS_DETACH is executet, isnt it? But when i run the following code the internetopen fails, where its working fine in the "main routine" of my dll file... also i am wondering because the follwoing KillProcessByName workes quite fine...

Perhaps u can tell my why this is happening or better why the internetopen isnt working And perhaps u have some solution or hints for me?

THX a lot!

Code:
case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH: 

HINTERNET hInternet = InternetOpen("Blablabla", INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, 0, 0, 0);
			HINTERNET hInternetSite = InternetConnect(hInternet, "Blablabla", INTERNET_DEFAULT_HTTP_PORT, NULL, NULL, INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP, 0, 0);
			HINTERNET hInternetSiteRequest = HttpOpenRequest(hInternetSite, "POST", "Blablabla", NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, 1);

KillProcessByName("ABC.exe");

AddLog("DLL Detached");
			AddLog("==========LOG END==========\n\n\n");
			break;

PS: of cause the "Blablabla" is different in the original code
Old 03/16/2014, 23:41   #2

elite*gold: 7110
Received Thanks: 25,394
It's not a good idea to do such things in your DllMain. The called blocking-functions will block the whole process.
Especially, note that you cannot be sure that the wininet.dll is still loaded when your DllMain is called with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH.
Old 03/17/2014, 07:58   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSm!th View Post
Especially, note that you cannot be sure that the wininet.dll is still loaded when your DllMain is called with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH.
Ok then i need a function, which is "listening" if the process is closing... Perhpas u can tell me how to do that?
Old 03/17/2014, 13:43   #4

elite*gold: 1000
I guess you could try to hook PostQuitMessage.