Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers › Coders Den › C/C++
You last visited: Today at 04:29

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



[Qt C++] Packet loss

Discussion on [Qt C++] Packet loss within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
Received Thanks: 2
[Qt C++] Packet loss

Hi, iam making BOT in Qt c++ for one small game.. Everything works fine.. iam using QTcpsocket::readyRead() and then QByteArray message = socket.readAll();.. but now i found that i miss some packets, like when i track other players positions it does not update everytime, but very often.. I found on internet that the data over sockets are send by packeges, but its size is sent before the package.. and i need wait for when the package is full recieved and then read.. I dont really know how i would do this.. (Theres no problem with the packets, like they are not half-only, but i miss some of them).. Sorry for my english, i hope someone will help me.
There is pic of how the packets looks like:
-X-Ni-ck-X- is offline  
Old   #2

 
Delinquenz's Avatar
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,160
Received Thanks: 232
Quote:
I found on internet that the data over sockets are send by packeges, but its size is sent before the package..
That depends on the Byte Order.
Delinquenz is offline  
Old   #3


 
KraHen's Avatar
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,216
Received Thanks: 794
Size is usually sent in the packet header, which can vary in size (most of the time it will be 4 or 8). Also, I`m not sure how the QT TCP socket class works, but if it is a blocking implementation, some data might be lost. Try an other multiplexing solution, like an IOCP solution.
KraHen is offline  
Reply


Similar Threads Similar Threads
Loss Bot
07/13/2013 - Starcraft 2 - 0 Replies
gibt es noch ein lose bot um pic farmen? okay gibt wohl keine bronze liga mehr :/ in wol
20% ep and 10% honor loss
08/04/2011 - DarkOrbit - 4 Replies
Sooo As most of you saw the people moving from stage 2 to 1, what do you think will happen to 1? As I got a captcha before, and I wasn't using a bot, do you guys think I will lose 10 and 20% cuts from my ship? D: Oh and hi there :D
[Help]At a loss
03/14/2010 - EO PServer Hosting - 14 Replies
my totems are not showing up at all but everything is correct. im useing the candy db excel chart below has my cq_totem_pole_type, totempole.ini, and syntotempillar.ini
Exp Loss
10/04/2007 - Conquer Online 2 - 2 Replies
I'm curious, is it me or did I loss exp after maintenance. I thought I did after Mondays maintenance but I wasn't sure but I know for a fact I lost exp this time. I had 64.678% before maintenance, now I have 38.000% exp, and I know there's no way I got a perfect 38 before maintenance. I think I lost exp on my weapon skill also.



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2026 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.