Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 20:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Qt C++] Packet loss

Discussion on [Qt C++] Packet loss within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Qt C++] Packet loss

Hi, iam making BOT in Qt c++ for one small game.. Everything works fine.. iam using QTcpsocket::readyRead() and then QByteArray message = socket.readAll();.. but now i found that i miss some packets, like when i track other players positions it does not update everytime, but very often.. I found on internet that the data over sockets are send by packeges, but its size is sent before the package.. and i need wait for when the package is full recieved and then read.. I dont really know how i would do this.. (Theres no problem with the packets, like they are not half-only, but i miss some of them).. Sorry for my english, i hope someone will help me.
There is pic of how the packets looks like:
Old 01/05/2014, 20:50   #2

Quote:
I found on internet that the data over sockets are send by packeges, but its size is sent before the package..
That depends on the Byte Order.
Old 01/15/2014, 16:59   #3

Size is usually sent in the packet header, which can vary in size (most of the time it will be 4 or 8). Also, I`m not sure how the QT TCP socket class works, but if it is a blocking implementation, some data might be lost. Try an other multiplexing solution, like an IOCP solution.