Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames
You last visited: Today at 06:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST] help on editing Action Script or hex value

Discussion on [REQUEST] help on editing Action Script or hex value within the Browsergames forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question

Hello,

Why?
I play browser based flash game for almost two years. This game has no Player vs Player gamest style and only Co operational play is possible, I like this a lot.
Every player has it's own island to build what he desires. A year ago it was officially affirmed that older islands have some bugs i.e. one bug is denying players to build on clear terrain where they should be able to build. I waited patiently for a fix of this, while my settlement grow and the free space on my island shrinks. Then the "fix" of the developers appeared, it was that new registered players get a fixed island. Since then I'm waiting on a fix for all players, but I'm afraid there will be none. This annoys me, every time I play. I wrote to the developers a couple of times about this but they didn't respond.

What?
I would love to build two buildings where a bug is denying me this. I think a picture attached shows it best. (click the picture to enlarge it)

All of the squares should be ok for building, but that's not the case. The A Squares are ok for building, B and C are not. The small Square D is denying my to build anything in Square C, that's the bug.

Server- or Cliendside?
The decision if a building is buildable on a place is client sided, because I managed to temporarily remove the bush in Square B, after this I was able to place a building there. The stats of the building is normal and this is reload save.

Technical Stuff
I think I managed to save the swf-file, decompress and decompiled it. The data isn't encrypted or obscured. But I'm new to Action Script and could need some help there.

What's the mission?
I would love to build/move two buildings that I can't because of the bug. I plan to edit the return type of the function called, when a building is build or moved (same function). Then place the two buildings. That's it.

Can you help me to find the suitable place to edit?

thanks for reading, any help on this is greatly appreciated
Regards guest_1

*push*

*push*
Old 09/28/2012, 15:09   #2

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Don't push please. Thanks.
Old 10/01/2012, 13:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearful™ View Post
Don't push please. Thanks.
Sorry, I read the rules before posting and read pushing once a day is allowed. If a mod dislikes it I won't push this thread again.

I'm still hoping that someone replies here that likes to help me, it doesn't have to be for nuts.
Old 10/01/2012, 19:19   #4

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
I assume it was this rule?

Quote:
You are allowed to push your topic once every 24 hours! Deleting your own posts in order to push your topic early, thus circumventing the given rules is not allowed and will be punished accordingly! Departing from this rule, you are allowed to push your topic in elite*gold Trading once every 4 hours.
That's for the Black Market.
But don't worry, it's fine. Just try not to do it again, thanks!
Old 10/07/2012, 14:16   #5

Cool

I have found a cool open source Debugger called , with some google-foo I found a guy that has injected the monster debugger startcode into a given swf-file to Debug it, sadly the guy hasn't responded to my message, yet.

I would like to add the startcode to the SWMMO.swf of my favourite browsergame (link is in the first post), can anybody help me on that please?
Old 10/08/2012, 15:51   #6

use asdec to edit swf on fly and then use fiddler to swap original swf for edited one.