Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Black Desert
You last visited: Today at 11:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

BDO Development

Discussion on BDO Development within the Black Desert forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,161
Thumbs up BDO Development

Hello,

Until we get a dedicated subforum for development, lets just use this topic in the meantime.

I am currently trying to figure things out and I figured out plenty. Most can easily be accessed and edited in the server directory, eg. gameserver and loginserver bin/data/config.
There are also more interesting things to be found like server and channel configuration to set the amount of servers, channels and names for each of them.

What interests me more is stuff that cannot be found in the server directory and is most likely client side.
Stuff like world limitations, eg. I am using client 491 and Kamasylvia is there, even though you cannot access it.

I can port into it by typing in the coordinates, but once I do I cannot move as the area is restricted. I'm assuming the client is handling those restrictions.

In general, it would be nice to have access to the client to see what can be learned there and be able to pack it again. There are scripts to unpack, but not to pack it back together again.

I assume attendance rewards are also client side, as on server side I could only find configuration from which to which date the event is active, but not what it should include.

Client access would also be beneficial to make spreadsheets for TownID, ItemID, SkillCard and ID, MobID, NpcID and much more.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2018, 15:13   #2

If I understood correctly, you have the source code of bdo or just reversing it?
Old 06/25/2018, 17:11   #3

elite*gold: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarynacar View Post
If I understood correctly, you have the source code of bdo or just reversing it?
probaly the emulator since its a old version ^.~
Old 06/25/2018, 20:56   #4

Yes, I have 491 emulator files and experimental 691 files that are currently not usable yet.

491 seems pretty stable so far with a few features like fishing and gathering not working yet.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2018, 01:06   #5

Curious, did ever bdo files leaked besides being rented/sold to pservers?
Old 06/26/2018, 21:28   #6

Yes, on ********, months ago.
Old 06/28/2018, 18:17   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Konst View Post
Yes, on ********, months ago.
Can you send the link(s) via PM to me, please?
Old 06/28/2018, 20:03   #8

it did not, what was published was a emulator, on r@ge-z0ne
Old 06/28/2018, 22:59   #9

It was leaked rather than published.

Those 491 files are pretty much useless for a live server as it is, but with some community contribution it could be ready in no time.

We could even work on custom features to improve the gameplay.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/28/2018, 23:04   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Flip View Post
It was leaked rather than published.

Those 491 files are pretty much useless for a live server as it is, but with some community contribution it could be ready in no time.

We could even work on custom features to improve the gameplay.
there two sucessful pserver fully updated to lastest game version, nobody will do that
Old 06/29/2018, 08:54   #11

Yeah, If you do not want to contribute, then please leave this subforum or at least this topic.
We don't need people telling us what we can't (or what the "big players" don't want) us to do.

You obviously fail to see the point.

2 groups have done it so far, OgreFest and GamezBD. It is just a matter of time until more fully updates servers will appear. Developent has skyrocketed this year with the leak of early OgreFest files.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/29/2018, 21:23   #12

Only one groupo done it success, its Gamez, Ogrefest is one who was partner who crack license on server software and decompile ****, same **** which u all load, but one thing somebody missing, its work which need do fulltime 3-4 year. This version is 2 years old from success (1.7k+ online) Gamez and 1 year old from near to dead Ogre (400 online and continue die).
So when u say u can u must undetstand that u need spend few years of life, surely if all other u have (enough skill, exp, money).
Old 06/30/2018, 15:33   #13

It will take time, but the time it requires is proportional to the amount of people working on it and if findings are shared or kept private.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/02/2018, 13:16   #14

elite*gold: 100
Lmao the people who are very negative instead of just trying to help out.

The client, has the restrictions, it has those invisible walls to restrict players to move from that location.

Perhaps trying to use the updated client files will do the work?
Im not sure if that will work however, if the case it will not, the newer emulator 690x version should do the trick but its far from being stable.

Matt probably slowly lost interest in it.
Old 07/02/2018, 21:09   #15

He is still working on it, he recently released updated packets.

But yeah, it's far from being usable.

It's not just the invisible walls, I can force my way into Kamasylve by porting to certain coordinates, but once I am there the game wants to kill me for trespassing.
Thanks
1 User