Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SpeedHack for PH

Discussion on SpeedHack for PH within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/06/2011, 00:30   #16

elite*gold: 0
Shrugs, you just saw my evil side at 1am when sleep deficiency makes my patience to go to 0 :P

Still confused as how Speed hack will ruin the server if abused. If you're talking about pvp with speedhack, well, you obviously didn't read enough in my bot thread (which had speedhack implemented for a long time).

Basically, on your screen your character goes fast, but on other screens it looks like it's going normal. After about 5 seconds or so (if your character on your screen is further than the character others see) then the character that others see will teleport to your current location. for others it will appear as if you DC'ed or just plainly disappeared.

Now if you're about to QQ. on how this will be completly unfair in pvp, from personal expereince, speedhack doesn't help much at all =\.

If someone uses sleep or something, or immobilizes your character, your character remains immobilized. Even if on your screen it seems your going away, after about 5 seconds you'll teleport where your character is imobilized.

Now if you're not immobolized, players can still attack your character within that 5 second delay. and if they use an immobilizing skill during that 5 second delay, well your back to what i wrote previously. And if the people who are pvp'ing are not noobs, that's exactly what they will do

In other words, speedhack in pvp gives almost no advantage. Infact I would say a disadvantage since you can't really control your character that other people see, so you can not micromanage correctly resulting in a dead character.

Now in pve, I don't see how it will make anything more "boring". you can go from quest guy to quest area faster, kill things faster, and go back to quest guy super fast. you can go to different areas fast and etc.

The only thing that speedhack gives a true advantage over other players would be in Bounter Hunter event. Highest speedhack speed is 9, the "swift" form's speed is around 8 or so. Thats about it.

Now if you want to continue this argument, which I don't mind :P, please post some valid points besides "I dunno why I need to explain to you, it's obvious". If you do give some valid and convincing points as to why I should not release it, I'll defiantly will not release speedhack on PH. However if they are just "It makes you go faster than other mounts. Thats unfair", I'll make and release the speedhack because that is not a game breaker at all.

-------------

Also, about PVP, I actually don't use speedhack at all during pvp. I found my success killing rate increases much more if I don't use speedhack as compared if I do. For increased speed, I use lvl 5 Angel's Will mount (Feathers of Heaven: . Thats not me btw, but same mount). So again, if your worried that others will abuse speedhack in pvp, it would actually be detrimental to their health instead of beneficial ^^
Old 02/06/2011, 02:48   #17

I can't really stop you anyways. I can't completely say that I won't use it (Because of school hours) and since I am too lazy to think for a valid point, I would just wish you good luck on this project. :P *Peace has landed on this thread*
Old 02/06/2011, 03:16   #18

haha, you can stop me you just need to have a valid defense

"just cause" isn't a valid defense lol.

Anyways, if I get more Thumbs up to go ahead with the project, I will.

and also, speedhack is just like a mount really. If you want, I can make it so that you can't attack when speedhack's on lol. That will make it almost exactly like a mount lol
Old 02/06/2011, 03:24   #19

a mount speed hack is useful..since im not lucky in mounts (worst case going to grade 1 3x failed..it is 80% right?)

this will be very useful to me

:hands down:
Old 02/06/2011, 03:27   #20

haha, actually sounds interesting to make it so that you can't attack when SH is on, might seriously try that.

and worse case to getting grade 1 was 3x times in a row fail? was that on a common mount? ha.

I got that magic carpet mount (yay for boi quiz deluxe purses) and bought about a million worth of elite gems.

I failed to get to grade 1, 6 times in a row. After spending a million on elite gems, I finally managed to get to grade 2 lol.

one elite gem is about 65k here so.. thats about 17 elite gems I used
Old 02/06/2011, 03:38   #21

yup its common..

well i just need SH for movement speed..
im fine with SH w/o atk
Old 02/06/2011, 04:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inathero View Post
haha, actually sounds interesting to make it so that you can't attack when SH is on, might seriously try that.

and worse case to getting grade 1 was 3x times in a row fail? was that on a common mount? ha.

I got that magic carpet mount (yay for boi quiz deluxe purses) and bought about a million worth of elite gems.

I failed to get to grade 1, 6 times in a row. After spending a million on elite gems, I finally managed to get to grade 2 lol.

one elite gem is about 65k here so.. thats about 17 elite gems I used
Elite gems here fall to around 35-40k each.
I would like to give up on my argument since I am so hungry I can't even think about a valid reason :P Anyways, good luck with the project, and trust me, PH players will need it
Old 02/06/2011, 09:44   #23

Can somebody ******* cheer up Inathero? Go man! Btw, make a SH w/ attack. Cheers!
Old 02/06/2011, 10:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbakatalagaa View Post
Can somebody ******* cheer up Inathero? Go man! Btw, make a SH w/ attack. Cheers!
@Inathero
-- An example of what I was pointing out
Old 02/06/2011, 14:51   #25

you have read that sir inathero will only make a SH w/o atk..only mspd..

thats the point your not getting..

even thou ppl will whine about making it to be SH w/ atk..the decision will be up to sir inathero..
Old 02/06/2011, 15:09   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepher View Post

even thou ppl will whine about making it to be SH w/ atk..the decision will be up to sir inathero..
If it's for mspd, then good that's a huge I hope thats what he does
Old 02/06/2011, 17:16   #27

Smile ope this helps

5C 8F 72 40 5C 8F 72 40 60 E5 B0 3F 00 00 40 40

in ce
attach process
search for array of bytes
first scan
red arrow
change the file type to float
then
you'll see the speed of your char like 3.7........
change it to 7 or 8
then freeze

the problem is you'll have to do it again if you change realm..
Old 02/06/2011, 17:29   #28

Inathero already explained it clearly. It doesn`t affect anything except the speed so i don`t see any connection to the previously stated things. HS will surely be a bunch of help.

Thanks Inathero in advance.
Old 02/06/2011, 22:05   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by istorage View Post
Inathero already explained it clearly. It doesn`t affect anything except the speed so i don`t see any connection to the previously stated things. HS will surely be a bunch of help.

Thanks Inathero in advance.
^ Thats exactly my point lol. I don't know what was the fuss with affected things =\

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriskelion View Post
5C 8F 72 40 5C 8F 72 40 60 E5 B0 3F 00 00 40 40

in ce
attach process
search for array of bytes
first scan
red arrow
change the file type to float
then
you'll see the speed of your char like 3.7........
change it to 7 or 8
then freeze

the problem is you'll have to do it again if you change realm..
Yep, I made a program that actually will compare two byte strings and make a mask. Thought it would be useful, and it actually did become useful

5C 8F 72 40 5C 8F 72 40 60 E5 B0 3F 00 00 40 40 0A D7 A3 40 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? 1B 00 ?? ?? FF FF FF F

Thats the entire string with the masks ^^. Anyways, nice thing is that I managed to figure out how to scan as fast as Cheat Engine, so it can auto update on the fly like no tomorow ^^

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLawliet View Post
If it's for mspd, then good that's a huge I hope thats what he does
mspd? Whats that?

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepher View Post

what's mspd??? lol.

Also, I was looking around, but Iunno how to disable attack, sorry, so it will have to be SH w/ atk. However, like I said before, SH w/ atk in PVE is a huge help, you can clear monsters faster.

in PvP, it's a huge handicap. You can't micro manage your character, anything that imobilizes you will mess you up completely, and you gain no advantage whatsoever. so ya, Not making this up. I like to play BattleGrounds alot and I found that with SH, it's way to hard to kill the enemy.

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLawliet View Post
@Inathero
-- An example of what I was pointing out
Incase you didn't notice Nate, I had a /end rant in my post which generally means I got pissed off to the point that I had to rant :P.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbakatalagaa View Post
Can somebody fucking cheer up Inathero? Go man! Btw, make a SH w/ attack. Cheers!
haha, atleast someone who doesn't punch me in the face XD. I can't disable atk, so SH will come with atk. As stated in this post and in a previous post, SH with atk is not game breaker so no worries.

-------------------

Well, I got some good news. I spent the last two hours to make something that I wanted to do for a long time but I didn't have enough knowledge how to lol.

First is byte array scanning with masks. This makes things so much easier to scan then the way I did before. All headaches went away lol

Second, Speed optimization. Before, I could scan about 1,000 addresses in about a milisecond. Pretty fast right? Now I can scan about 4,000,000 addresses in a milisecond.

With that speed optimization and byte array scanning with masks, I can find the SpeedHack variables in under a second, which is awesome =D

Will keep working on it. First release will only work with one client though, unless you want me to make it multiclient.

Also, this should work on International server just fine as well ^^
Old 02/06/2011, 22:41   #30

Sorry for the double post buuuuut...

I think SH is ready to go ^^

Features speeds 3(default) through 9. Autoupdates SH addy every 10 seconds (I wanted to make it like 2-5 seconds, but then it eats CPU and thats no fun). Finds addy location in about 1-3 seconds max. Works 100% on PH. Does NOT work on Int, mainly because they byte string is so long. You can attack while SH is on (dunno how to disable attack).

To release or not to release, that is the question.

I'm leaning towards release, but thread still seems undecided. half says release, half says don't release.

I'm going to tally the results. Every post after this one say either "Release it!" or "Don't Release it!". For those who say "Don't Release it!" please provide a quick explanation as to why I should not release it.

If 9 people say to release it, and 1 person says Don't release it, and that 1 person has a very good argument as to why I should not release it, then I will not release it.

I'm here to make the game more enjoyable, not to break/make the game boring as hell

------------------------------
Off Topic Edit: Guilder (Zen) prices are sooooo loooooow on PH server.

160k per 100 Zen/Guilder? LOL what?

On abyss server it's 550k per 100 average. On gemini it's like 800-900k per 100 average.

no wonder stuff's cheap on PH