Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Atlantica Online
You last visited: Today at 00:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AO Reborn: Server Relaunch

Discussion on AO Reborn: Server Relaunch within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/04/2022, 15:32   #106

elite*gold: 0
Bump.
Old 12/31/2022, 13:12   #107

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCreativityx22 View Post
LOVE IT!

I'm playing this now and it's awesome, if your looking for the next best thing to AO and what it used to be, this is the place.

Come and joins us
BUMP!

Come, enjoy and take your time
Old 01/05/2023, 20:27   #108

Been a while since this server has been given feedback so here I am to do just that.

It lives up to what it claims; it's completely free to play, they do not accept donations, and the server is very stable.
The system -is- a little grindy. But lets be real here: Every other AO private server is either a cash cow from hell costing thousands of dollars instead of a couple hundred hours of playing the game-- OR like AO classic which was TRULY grindy. It was literally 150x slower with nearly no logical QoL of any kind.

This server really only has two major problems:
1. Small playerbase (Albeit very good people, very helpful, kind, and active.)
2. Older client files (This doesn't affect me as I don't know what i'm missing.)
Even-so I still consider this a 10/10.
Why? I get to experience Atlantica Online without spending 10-20% of my grand pianos value on a video game.

I believe this server deserves more attention and popularity.

Insight on OTHER AO private servers:
It's in fact a very negative thing that people are more interested in servers where their wallets are the winners, rather than simply playing a game.
Is it competition people want? If so why a game that requires money to "win"?

The answer is simple:
The majority of those individuals are either brainwashed by things they will likely NEVER understand; or otherwise believe their ego is fueled solely by a pretension of "being better than others." While if someone has no skill, knowledge, or anything noteworthy to speak of; they simply find something stacked in their favor. In this scenario, money.

But what even is this fallacy? In reality, they are just spending thousands on something that will 99% disappear within 2 years. The cash cow devs are pure evil, don't have the slightest bit of empathy, and their only goal is MONEY!
This issue isn't just other AO pservers, it's 99.9% of the entire private server community.
Why did we spend thousands of our hours reverse engineering projects for free for 2 decades; so that random script kiddies can scam the hell out of naive people?
What have we done lol...
Anyway-- AO Reborn is where it's at if you're not trying to compare peepee sizes.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/05/2023, 20:37   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofypoofer View Post
Been a while since this server has been given feedback so here I am to do just that.

It lives up to what it claims; it's completely free to play, they do not accept donations, and the server is very stable.
The system -is- a little grindy. But lets be real here: Every other AO private server is either a cash cow from hell costing thousands of dollars instead of a couple hundred hours of playing the game-- OR like AO classic which was TRULY grindy. It was literally 150x slower with nearly no logical QoL of any kind.

This server really only has two major problems:
1. Small playerbase (Albeit very good people, very helpful, kind, and active.)
2. Older client files (This doesn't affect me as I don't know what i'm missing.)
Even-so I still consider this a 10/10.
Why? I get to experience Atlantica Online without spending 10-20% of my grand pianos value on a video game.

I believe this server deserves more attention and popularity.

Insight on OTHER AO private servers:
It's in fact a very negative thing that people are more interested in servers where their wallets are the winners, rather than simply playing a game.
Is it competition people want? If so why a game that requires money to "win"?

The answer is simple:
The majority of those individuals are either brainwashed by things they will likely NEVER understand; or otherwise believe their ego is fueled solely by a pretension of "being better than others." While if someone has no skill, knowledge, or anything noteworthy to speak of; they simply find something stacked in their favor. In this scenario, money.

But what even is this fallacy? In reality, they are just spending thousands on something that will 99% disappear within 2 years. The cash cow devs are pure evil, don't have the slightest bit of empathy, and their only goal is MONEY!
This issue isn't just other AO pservers, it's 99.9% of the entire private server community.
Why did we spend thousands of our hours reverse engineering projects for free for 2 decades; so that random script kiddies can scam the hell out of naive people?
What have we done lol...
Anyway-- AO Reborn is where it's at if you're not trying to compare peepee sizes.

I actually agree with most of what you posted, it's a no-frills pure AO experience. It is missing some QoL the newer version has but it also doesn't have the systems that destroy it too.

From playing it I can agree it is a bit more grindy than I'd like lv1-100 feels SO SLOW but it is what it is and you be thankful you got gear/mats/books/vials from that grind lol

This is the only server where I personally approached to offer help as I do in the whole agree with Mage, but some loud people kinda blocked us from working together.

The server just needs some active events and some more passive events to bring in some players (eggs are nice but it feels normal very fast), having an active CM/GM would be cool for new players struggling with what has been changed plus rare mob info for quests that seemingly take forever (IM looking at you TUNDRA RULER URUS)

But if you love vanilla AO and want fair none P2W this IS the only server currently.

Give it a try.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/10/2023, 11:38   #110

After some time spent into this server and others. I can say this is the best in terms of non p2w. Can get all mercs by farming dungeons/eggs. Crafting is a bit of timesink(not that really good at jackpot).

The thing is, this server needs some more people. It feels empty and most people like to create solo guilds with alts, which may feel awkward. I only seen 10 real people if someone wants the numbers. Some do help new people which is a good thing if you are confused as a new player. There is a bad old player who flame new people so there is drama to. Probably that's why new people are scarce tho.

So yes, if you wanna chill with people, farm and don't wanna think on what IM merc and +99999 dmg fashion/mount you should lose your money next. This is the best server to hop into.
Old 02/10/2023, 17:55   #111

there was a pretty solid group of people that played when it first launched, but now they're more or less gone. i recall peak being something like 50+ people (not counting alts).
Old 10/06/2023, 19:53   #112

is this server still running
Old 10/07/2023, 05:32   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkow3 View Post
is this server still running
yes
Old 10/08/2023, 10:12   #114

cool on my way
Old 11/13/2023, 21:03   #115

elite*gold: 100
Bumping this as it's the ONE AND ONLY 100% F2P Server

Even if it is running on v3 files, OG players still enjoy this awesome server.

Come join us today !
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2024, 21:18   #116

Logged in again for the first timein ages. Still almost no people, have you thought of doing a fresh start? Maybe change some stuff ? Just curious.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2024, 13:31   #117

Received Thanks: 1,086
Server was amazing when it opened, but i left when people started to create countless alt accounts and farm on their own.

Could be even better if you add IP limit 1(2max) /hwid limit 1 to prevent the abusers like some private servers(on other mmos do.

For sure i will return if you do a fresh restart.

Cheers
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/10/2024, 15:43   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnyamura View Post
Server was amazing when it opened, but i left when people started to create countless alt accounts and farm on their own.

Could be even better if you add IP limit 1(2max) /hwid limit 1 to prevent the abusers like some private servers(on other mmos do.

For sure i will return if you do a fresh restart.

Cheers
I imagine there would be a fresh restart if zerk could ever get ahold of newer files me and a few other people have frankly been waiting for this server to be reborn like the phoenix for ages but it doesnt look like the few people who have there grubby hands on newer files are keen on sharing sadly.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/15/2024, 03:42   #119

This seem to be the only running server, other server game does not load.

Edit -

On further inspection, these server feels abandoned, void of staff or owner and content. There is little in way of content added and I see there is no GM rewards given after the initial sign in, indicating there is no actively running event which tells me the owner doesn't do much.

To add to this, there is a single digit amount of people online at any one time, test for the past week across all hours to check peak times. There will be an average of 5 people online with a peak of around 8-9 people online at those peak times, if you include the alt accounts.

Further to the negatives in this review, there is no atlas in the market, the only way to get atlas is through grinding a few dozen monsters (like 10 fights) to get 4-8 easter eggs which give you 1 atlas ore for 10 easter eggs.

Along with this there is the issue of having clothing listed in the Rome Bazaar for "1 x Historia Seal" per piece,and no way to earn them ingame so this is presumably the pay to win option as there's 0 events in which you could earn them due to the owner being absent.
Old 01/16/2024, 21:22   #120

Hi Rogue, as players on the discord tried to point out to you, historia seals are available ingame for free, you just had to go get them from the quest npc from cities like shanghai onwards, secondly, racism isn't acceptable (nor is lgbtq+ abuse towards you or other players).

That aside, and to everyone else, Rogue is right about a few things - My life and responsibilities mean I don't have adequate time nowadays to develop, maintain or administrate this server.

I've been considering it a while, but have now decided to close the server. It's been a blast and I hope playing here free over the years has been a nice nostalgic experience for everyone, but it's time to face the reality which is that a lack of modern files being released and huge limitations of these files means it'***** a brick wall, one I no longer have the time and energy to work against.

I'll keep an eye out on the scene, and if anyone trying to work on v3/v4 files has any questions then you're welcome to pm me and ask for help then we can link up on discord.
Thanks
1 User