Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 01:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Archlord Emulator

Discussion on [Project] Archlord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/31/2016, 15:38   #1096

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
A solution I mentioned before was to add a simple "question, answer" protection. Question can be something simple but complex enough to make it not possible to be answered by a bot. Like "12 * 7 = ?" and if someone makes a bot which can do that math I'd increase the complexity by making some parts out of words, etc.

This is a very simple method so if it doesn't seem enough I can think of something more complex. I just don't like the idea of giving monitoring duty to a human even if it's myself. It's hard, unreliable and easy to make a bad judgement.
So xp/drop will be lower that beta test right ? (which is good for me personally)
Old 07/31/2016, 17:26   #1097

Guy tell me wtf now? the server is paytopay? or what donate u need? or what the ***
Old 07/31/2016, 17:58   #1098

l2read pleb @
Old 07/31/2016, 21:17   #1099

Quote:
A solution I mentioned before was to add a simple "question, answer" protection. Question can be something simple but complex enough to make it not possible to be answered by a bot. Like "12 * 7 = ?" and if someone makes a bot which can do that math I'd increase the complexity by making some parts out of words, etc.

This is a very simple method so if it doesn't seem enough I can think of something more complex. I just don't like the idea of giving monitoring duty to a human even if it's myself. It's hard, unreliable and easy to make a bad judgement.
Oh thanks for the info , didn't know , that's such a really nice new for me, but I have a doubt on that system, If you are in town Afk, or with Twinks for Exp in party, or probably some buffer, do u need to check them all ? Because getting a ban is something serious.
Old 07/31/2016, 21:43   #1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurewind View Post
Oh thanks for the info , didn't know , that's such a really nice new for me, but I have a doubt on that system, If you are in town Afk, or with Twinks for Exp in party, or probably some buffer, do u need to check them all ? Because getting a ban is something serious.
I think this (let's call it plugin) will works in latria/desert, or somewhere away from Cities, and probably will check somehow if you're not a BOT like.

You're farming since 1 hour, so it will send to you a message, if you reply, then it won't do anything. You will be allowed to farm still. Message like [BOT-HUNTER] please type (random keys like 12qwer) on chat. If you do this, then it won't touch you again till you reconnect or so.
But when you won't reply in 2 minutes, then it will move you to city, and ask you again, if you won't reply still then disconnect/ban etc.

Perhaps i'm wrong, but i think Osy could try to create "application" like this one which i described. :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2016, 22:18   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobson221 View Post
I think this (let's call it plugin) will works in latria/desert, or somewhere away from Cities, and probably will check somehow if you're not a BOT like.

You're farming since 1 hour, so it will send to you a message, if you reply, then it won't do anything. You will be allowed to farm still. Message like [BOT-HUNTER] please type (random keys like 12qwer) on chat. If you do this, then it won't touch you again till you reconnect or so.
But when you won't reply in 2 minutes, then it will move you to city, and ask you again, if you won't reply still then disconnect/ban etc.

Perhaps i'm wrong, but i think Osy could try to create "application" like this one which i described. :P
That was quite accurate actually. It won't do anything if you're not killing monsters. When you're farming, every 45-90 minutes it'll give you a random math question like "30 + 3". If you don't answer it in 3 minutes or give a wrong answer 3 times you'll get disconnected. No bans or anything. I've already implemented this method.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/31/2016, 22:23   #1102

Quote:
That was quite accurate actually. It won't do anything if you're not killing monsters. When you're farming, every 45-90 minutes it'll give you a random math question like "30 + 3". If you don't answer it in 3 minutes or give a wrong answer 3 times you'll get disconnected. No bans or anything. I've already implemented this method.
Oh nice
Old 07/31/2016, 23:41   #1103

Yea i was thinking something like Osiy said, because when you're in PvP or PvE'ing system already detects you're in combat, so he can attach the anti-bot tool to that.

And thanks, doubt solved
Old 08/01/2016, 02:14   #1104

Hi guys and osiy1996 !!
I'm a big fan of Archlord, especially of tanks classes or melee (knight, zerk, SLAYER), and the whole time I played this game, I always thought unfair the pvp these classes against ranged classes (shooters and wizards)
because, especially at high levels, these classes have skill cast and very high colldown, and players just shake all keyboard buttons, spamming spells and not giving any chance of reaction to the tanks. Ex: A sorc with 60-70% of colldown
more than 100% cast can halt spam in the tank leaving it forever motionless. In addition, the game loses the grace because his scheme becomes "who tightens faster buttons and has more luck, wins" when the ideal would be the use of the strategy, or at least think a little and not just macro use to defeat your opponents in pvp.

So my suggestion would be to place a maximum limit on the skill colldown and skill casting of all the characters. For example, a threshold of 40-50% skill colldown, in order to use only heroic buffs so that they would end and preventing spam skills.
Same thing the casting. With 60-80% of maximum limit, plus there time in conjuring skills of all the characters (no bugs in the liveliest of these), the other character being attacked may have a reaction before he died instantly, as in justac by example.
I'm no expert in the game, but I think these changes can help a rebalancing of the game and its characters, and makes it more challenging and fun, the most important for those who play: D. I thank the attention.

PS: Sorry for my English, because this is not my official language, and I am using a translator to make this text. : D
Old 08/01/2016, 09:24   #1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibang View Post
Hi guys and osiy1996 !!
I'm a big fan of Archlord, especially of tanks classes or melee (knight, zerk, SLAYER), and the whole time I played this game, I always thought unfair the pvp these classes against ranged classes (shooters and wizards)
because, especially at high levels, these classes have skill cast and very high colldown, and players just shake all keyboard buttons, spamming spells and not giving any chance of reaction to the tanks. Ex: A sorc with 60-70% of colldown
more than 100% cast can halt spam in the tank leaving it forever motionless. In addition, the game loses the grace because his scheme becomes "who tightens faster buttons and has more luck, wins" when the ideal would be the use of the strategy, or at least think a little and not just macro use to defeat your opponents in pvp.

So my suggestion would be to place a maximum limit on the skill colldown and skill casting of all the characters. For example, a threshold of 40-50% skill colldown, in order to use only heroic buffs so that they would end and preventing spam skills.
Same thing the casting. With 60-80% of maximum limit, plus there time in conjuring skills of all the characters (no bugs in the liveliest of these), the other character being attacked may have a reaction before he died instantly, as in justac by example.
I'm no expert in the game, but I think these changes can help a rebalancing of the game and its characters, and makes it more challenging and fun, the most important for those who play: D. I thank the attention.

PS: Sorry for my English, because this is not my official language, and I am using a translator to make this text. : D
Nobody would play with 50 CD and 60-80 cast ;D cast class would be ruined<;
Old 08/01/2016, 09:50   #1106

Well, let's just play, there's a long way until we get the heroic skills , until then Admin will know what to do respectively with OP stuff, I just hope some people don't get ****** after lvling op class getting balanced.

It's gonna be a healthy server with an admin with brain , if something goes wrong, he will listen to the community and take neccesary measures to make better game 4 everyone
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2016, 11:34   #1107

Any chance for today or maybe tomorrow to get open?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2016, 14:09   #1108

Ye open it , so i can lvl
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2016, 14:24   #1109

Give me a couple more days. I did setup the server today. Will need to play with Wimpin for a couple of days to make sure there're no major issues.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/01/2016, 15:02   #1110

Quote:
Give me a couple more days. I did setup the server today. Will need to play with Wimpin for a couple of days to make sure there're no major issues.
why dont you call some more ppl to help you out with it would be more easy and faster to do it
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread