Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 03:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Archlord Emulator

Discussion on [Project] Archlord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/21/2016, 21:14   #1036

elite*gold: 0
@y - single threading data management can lead to massive lag in siege/gvg scenarios. Relaying on ticks or idle frames can lead to instability and interprocess communication (ipc) sync will be a huge pain.
Good job man!
Old 07/21/2016, 22:22   #1037

@
I'm updating the parent loop at 50hz. But some of the systems don't require updates anywhere near that. Like what's the point of updating item cooldowns 50 times per second when updating it once will have practically the same effect. IPC sync is no longer a thing for me since that was the reason why I switched to single theading. There's so little data which is shared between threads now.

I'm not doing any math/physics heavy tasks so the only place where I could benefit from multithreading is networking, which is the only place I use multithreading at the moment. I don't have much experience myself but I've asked advice from people who have years of industrial experience.
Old 07/24/2016, 19:20   #1038

We might not be able to do anything to develop this project, but we can give ArchLord a new chance, we need a bigger community, so jump there, and let people know what they're missing ^^

Let them know about this server, we're gonna make lot of people happy finding the game of their lifes
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2016, 14:41   #1039

Hey guys.

I've been somewhat enjoying the game lately even though I'm just playing while I'm fixing stuff. It might be good enough to be worth opening a server. This time I'm planning to keep it rolling even if we have a rough start, technically.

However, there's a small(or big) issue. I've saved up enough money to rent a decent server for a month but I won't be able to keep it up without any support. The problem is that paypal doesn't work in my country. I've checked couple global services but they don't seem reliable nor easy to setup. So if you know of any reliable and easy to setup(like paypal) service, hit me up please.

--

I've been working on this project for about 250 days now. Made a fair progress with the little resources I had but more importantly it was a great learning experience. I would like to keep working hard and create the best server I can. Though, I may have to stop in a month or two and focus on university as I've already lost a year due to this project, depending on how things go financially. Luckily, emulator has majority of the features in place and is likely to be completely playable by that time so even if I end up focusing on school, I'll keep the server online so long as it can sustain its expense.

I appreciate all the verbal support so far and would like to thank to everyone for sticking around, regardless of how things end up.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/27/2016, 16:56   #1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
Hey guys.

I've been somewhat enjoying the game lately even though I'm just playing while I'm fixing stuff. It might be good enough to be worth opening a server. This time I'm planning to keep it rolling even if we have a rough start, technically.

However, there's a small(or big) issue. I've saved up enough money to rent a decent server for a month but I won't be able to keep it up without any support. The problem is that paypal doesn't work in my country. I've checked couple global services but they don't seem reliable nor easy to setup. So if you know of any reliable and easy to setup(like paypal) service, hit me up please.

--

I've been working on this project for about 250 days now. Made a fair progress with the little resources I had but more importantly it was a great learning experience. I would like to keep working hard and create the best server I can. Though, I may have to stop in a month or two and focus on university as I've already lost a year due to this project, depending on how things go financially. Luckily, emulator has majority of the features in place and is likely to be completely playable by that time so even if I end up focusing on school, I'll keep the server online so long as it can sustain its expense.

I appreciate all the verbal support so far and would like to thank to everyone for sticking around, regardless of how things end up.
these are nice news btw where are you from mate when ur country do not support paypal ?
Old 07/27/2016, 17:01   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
Hey guys.

--

Kickstarter, Paysafecard, Open a bank account in another country where paypal is accepted.
Old 07/27/2016, 17:36   #1042

And the big question is when we can enter ?
Old 07/27/2016, 17:47   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostx90 View Post
btw where are you from mate when ur country do not support paypal ?
Turkey. It was working up until June but they stopped their services due to some license stuff. Unlucky timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper9
Kickstarter, Paysafecard, Open a bank account in another country where paypal is accepted.
Thanks I'll check them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cury112
And the big question is when we can enter ?
Let's go with first or second week of August.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/27/2016, 18:13   #1044

@ well as far as i saw around forums ur solution would be Payoneer
Old 07/27/2016, 19:58   #1045

Well, something is something
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2016, 20:39   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurewind View Post

Well, something is something
Nice bro, i posted a comment there too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2016, 21:49   #1047

So server is cooming agust?
Old 07/28/2016, 01:13   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommer88 View Post
So server is cooming agust?
First , or the second week of August, Osiy said
Old 07/28/2016, 01:40   #1049

Looking forward !! And congratulations for the project !
Old 07/28/2016, 10:08   #1050

Ohhh nice.. just waiting totally Just no come to normal server. and not come to totally high rate. medium server need.
Closed Thread