Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 05:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Archlord Emulator

Discussion on [Project] Archlord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/05/2016, 16:07   #871

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrabumbel View Post
Many new accounts on EPVPers ītho.
What can you do when you can't remember the credentials of the old account + the credentials of the mail used also.

Didn't have anything important on the account other than some thanks received so....
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/05/2016, 16:10   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castiel88 View Post
Can you blame the man? He offered one of the most decent AL servers to this date and everyone bashed his case like there's no tomorrow.

Yes there were issues, BUT common, its still in beta for a reason, how long did it take Justac to fix its issues? Ow wait they still havent sorted everything to this day LOLS.

I only hope he doesnt cave in, and abandons the project
not blaming him at all, he did great job, and its not even server beta test but emulator beta test.

Relax, im sure he took a day off, not retired xD
Old 06/05/2016, 17:35   #873

He tried everything alone and we and now he know too its impossible. Just see Justac or WZ or other teams who runing any online games. They work lot of programmer etc.
He dont want to show program codes to someone else cuz afraid that man will steel it and try to make another server.
Thats okey but alone never done any stable server for a long time. 90 player was enough to crash server. Maybe some player dont see but more bug was in then fixed issue.
just some problem:
- no quest
- no refine
- no BS/CF/HH
- skills doesnt work well
- BG full of bug (you can atack everyone and everything everywhere)
- he dont tested anything only original world and HH so what we talk about?
- party system have lot of bug
- pets dont work
- reinforcing with pots stones etc bugged
- skill bar was bugged but he fiexed (not perfectly)
- lens and pots cc items bugged at the end
- storage, guild storage bugged
So what we talk about?
If he dont let real programmer to help him this game never will be online.
Oisy is a hobby programmer and did a very very great job but its not enough for an online game.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/05/2016, 17:42   #874

i had no problems with refining with stones, cc items and storage you're overaggregating a little i guess

it's just a begining of long way, it was just test of emulator, not beta test of official server so what the hell are you talking about? What did you expected ? Still people played it, and enjoyed a lot, lot, lot!!!!! Even with those bugs it was fun. Personally if it would be more stable i'd play it no matter what, without complaining. 100% fun server !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner92 View Post
If he dont let real programmer to help him this game never will be online.
Oisy is a hobby programmer and did a very very great job but its not enough for an online game.
So far hobby programmer has done way more then profesionals here. The REAL programmer costs $$ and as he said he's just a student with limited funds.
And if there are such a good programmers here, then why dont we have stable server yet ?

Just asking.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/05/2016, 17:50   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandhall View Post
i had no problems with refining with stones, cc items and storage you're overaggregating a little i guess

it's just a begining of long way, it was just test of emulator, not beta test of official server so what the hell are you talking about? What did you expected ? Still people played it, and enjoyed a lot, lot, lot!!!!! Even with those bugs it was fun. Personally if it would be more stable i'd play it no matter what, without complaining. 100% fun server !

Well i think summoner is right about this tho, just 1 hobby programmer is not enough to build a stable private server for all the people who just wanna play and enjoy AL without worrying about connection problems and bugs etc. Even if he succeed, what will make this private server work, look at Classic Al. it's a server i was looking forward to since Webzen came, and after a year it's dead also
Old 06/05/2016, 18:03   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneyards1 View Post
Well i think summoner is right about this tho, just 1 hobby programmer is not enough to build a stable private server for all the people who just wanna play and enjoy AL without worrying about connection problems and bugs etc.
Never said that he can handle it alone, it's definitely not one man job, we all know that. But still he's just a hobbist and still it's him who's trying to build emulator, not the profesional who offer him help. Maybe they're not that great at all. He has put lots of effort to achieve this point and he's 100% right not to let someone he doesnt know to acces his files. It could be different if he had enough $ to hire some pro programmers, sign agreement, pay them etc but still he doesn't have rights to those files and he doesnt have $$ for hirelings. Dead end pretty much. Still i have faith Maybe we should start a kickstarte for this project xD.

Quote:
Even if he succeed, what will make this private server work, look at Classic Al. it's a server i was looking forward to since Webzen came, and after a year it's dead also
i already answered this few posts above. AL is quite old game and we have mostly adult community. Peeps has got their families, jobs and 1000 things to do each day, base exp and drop just doesnt fits them. Medium rates like 500-700 would be better, you dont have to sacrifice as much time as base settings needs. It's my opinion. That's why me and xx of my friends quited classic al.

On the other side we have justac... bleh. kill one mob and get 40 items. Economy is ruined as fck, progress is too fast, it's not challenging at all. Winner always be the one who spent more $$ for ec, 100% p2w. I understand that they have bills to pay etc. but it should be a little more ballanced. I have no problem with paying $$ in game, but still i hate pay 2 win. It's not challenge when i spent $ to get better than everyone else. And its not fun if you're better than xyz because you spent more. Its not exciting at all. But its my point of view(regards to Death from classic al. spent hundreds $$ to buy 2x shuta and kark few days after classic al launched so he could kill every one else for next few weeks, i'm still sorry for him )
Old 06/05/2016, 18:10   #877

ClassicAL is great example that players live their memories. So many talking, begging and qq about ep3 server, and it ended with empty server because people prefer updated episodes.

At start of ClassiAL I've noticed that were two groups of players. groups divided between low rates and high rates. So whatever admin do in this case, one group will be unhappy and quit.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/05/2016, 18:17   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsv View Post
ClassicAL is great example that players live their memories. So many talking, begging and qq about ep3 server, and it ended with empty server because people prefer updated episodes.

At start of ClassiAL I've noticed that were two groups of players. groups divided between low rates and high rates. So whatever admin do in this case, one group will be unhappy and quit.
medium rates are solution And creating somethin like ladder in diablo 2/ path of exile. Reset database every 3 or 5 months, x best guilds, xx best players getting prizes . It would be constantly challenging, you could feel the rivalry once again. Even with limited content you could enjoy the game once,twice or 20 times again.
Old 06/05/2016, 18:24   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsv View Post

ClassicAL was the most suitable server for any player in my opinon, and still is. Too bad it's low crowded
Old 06/05/2016, 18:27   #880

Quote:
medium rates are solution And creating somethin like ladder in diablo 2/ path of exile. Reset database every 3 or 5 months, x best guilds, xx best players getting prizes . It would be constantly challenging, you could feel the rivalry once again. Even with limited content you could enjoy the game once,twice or 20 times again.
And lose hard farmed uniques and gear ? nah .
Old 06/05/2016, 18:30   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by marocco56 View Post
No thnx indeed
Old 06/05/2016, 18:33   #882

Quote:
ClassicAL was the most suitable server for any player in my opinon, and still is. Too bad it's low crowded
tried to come back lately, as farming spots are empty now etc. I bought lots of ec, toh lens combi, sat there and farmed 3 hours. Then i've noticed that it's too quiet at my daughter room.. guess what ? She has found some wax crayons inside the commode and drew all the walls along her room, so i had to do some renovation for the next 3 days. Instead of finding shuta i found myself shouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by marocco56 View Post
Quote:
No thnx indeed
If rates would be medium it wouldnt be SO hard to farm your uniques and gear right? It must be cool to have best gear at empty server, i mean sooooooooooo exciting !!!
Old 06/05/2016, 18:37   #883

Quote:
tried to come back lately, as farming spots are empty now etc. I bought lots of ec, toh lens combi, sat there and farmed 3 hours. Then i've noticed that it's too quiet at my daughter room.. guess what ? She has found some wax crayons inside the commode and drew all the walls along her room, so i had to do some renovation for the next 3 days. Instead of finding shuta i found myself shouting
One of the priviliges of an empty server, free farming spots and no pk

Quote:

If rates would be medium it wouldnt be SO hard to farm your uniques and gear right? It must be cool to have best gear at empty server, i mean sooooooooooo exciting !!!
i prefer having no gear at crowded server
Old 06/05/2016, 18:46   #884

Quote:
One of the priviliges of an empty server, free farming spots and no pk

i prefer having no gear at crowded server
Well that's what im talking about. You can always farm gear, but you won't bring people to server if there's nothing fresh, no challenge, no rivalry. Its like having huge ***** at desert island I'd rather prefer to run around in crappy gear & pk, talk, laugh and have every other interactions with other people, than run with best gear ever at empty server. Community is essence in every mmo game.
Old 06/05/2016, 19:05   #885

Received Thanks: 1,288
Quote:
Well that's what im talking about. You can always farm gear, but you won't bring people to server if there's nothing fresh, no challenge, no rivalry. Its like having huge ***** at desert island I'd rather prefer to run around in crappy gear & pk, talk, laugh and have every other interactions with other people, than run with best gear ever at empty server. Community is essence in every mmo game.
Yea and Al's community has always been the worst.
Thanks
3 Users
Closed Thread