Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 02:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Stoning myths

Discussion on Stoning myths within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 03/06/2013, 14:03   #16

elite*gold: 0
all my gear i use great fortune
sometimes failed but never reset
80% chance never faiul (for me)

luck maybe???

for example... i change on inventary slot a lott times put on great fortune -> off -> on again and.... sucess

the only plus I do is: always record with fraps, if I have a very big miss I post the video of my disappointment even worse for them QQ
Old 03/06/2013, 14:04   #17

Meh gotta restone my armor in a bit, too.
Imo Fortune Manuals have an insignificant influence on the succes rate and just a waste of cc, I never experienced higher succes rates with them.

I already suggested making Events where refinement and reinforment succes rates go up by 30% or so, but obviously they didn't give a ... about it
I think they lowered the succes rates on purpose to players would buy lots of fortune manuals and farm the sh** all over again
Old 03/06/2013, 14:11   #18

elite*gold: 1
If I was in charge of webzen during last patch I would increase fail rate slightly after knowing full well most people will be restoning after all the free lvl 5 stones.

Just saying this from a purely business/sales point of view, that's what I would do. I think they tweak the game more than people actually notice.
Old 03/06/2013, 14:59   #19

None of that **** works. Success and failure is based on a luck roll. A randomly generated number which is then compared with a table. This table is probably similar to 1 = success 2=success 3=success 4=fail 5=fail
That shows a 60% success rate. Therefore nothing you can do in the game with your location, your mount, your character, or your buffs will do anything to change a randomly generated number that is server side. If this was client side then there would be a hack for 100% success as you could just use wpe and cheat engine to send the correct packet for success to the server. Lag also has nothing to do with a randomly generated number. I hope I shined some light on you guys and your pointless rituals. The best advice I've seen here is minervas get into a I don't care mood and try again.

A fortune manual affects the success rate table and not the randomly generated number.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2013, 15:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
Went to ice world

Turned off all my cc

Got off my mount

Relogged

Turned on great fortune

Success, success, success, success

Stoning myth or pure luck, we'll never know :P

Thanks for all the ideas guys!
As I said few posts before Looks like this is the best method for stoning gear atm. I never failed any stone that way. Maybe I will in the future who knows.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/06/2013, 16:22   #21

ill restone my ranger top later on without wp in ice we will see, and btw vold used great manuals which nearly never fail, i got all 4 of my stones in with it in tullan.
Old 03/06/2013, 17:55   #22

Received Thanks: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420IsSexy View Post
ill restone my ranger top later on without wp in ice we will see, and btw vold used great manuals which nearly never fail, i got all 4 of my stones in with it in tullan.
I used them when I tried the first 2 lvl 6 stones and both failed. I was outside of tullan at that time.

I was also using a great fortune when I tried stoning one of my rings, emptied the sockets and lost the 10% res stone that was in it.

So I wouldn't really say those great fortune manuals are a Godsend
Old 03/06/2013, 22:12   #23

Great fortune manual only adds 40% to success rate still possible to fail. Just try going to plus fifteen and u can use about 300 ref pots.
Old 03/06/2013, 22:42   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
Hey gays

I reset my gear today and tried restoning it. Failed miserably.

2 fails and I even used a great fortune manual. 800 mil down the crapper (+ the wc I could have spent on something else)

I can only afford one more round of stones, so... Any advice on what to do or where to go to get shit stoned? :P

I was told to go out of town and buff up completely, that obviously didn't do much for me. Go to ice world? Dance while stoning? It's probably all complete bs, but I'm desperate. Share your wisdom :P
I've been more unlucky.
Until I added stones in my knight HH armor I always success using my own method, doesnt matter anymore after I failed big time with this armor.
With great fortune manual and relog before every stone:
1st slot: Resist lvl 6 success
2nd slot: Cast/cd lvl 6 fail, Cast/cd lvl 6 success
3rd slot: Combined cast/cd lvl 5 fail, Combined cast/cd lvl 5 success
4th slot: Combined Vitality lvl 6 FAIL, Combined Vitality lvl 5 fail and reset stones.

My hunter HH armor 3/4: combined cast/cd lvl 5 fail (dont reset), 2nd combined cast/cd lvl 5 success (4/4).
My hunter CF pants 2/3: 2 Resist lvl 6 fail, 3rd Resist lvl 6 success.

I always use Great Fortune Manual for stones lvl 5-6. Seems nothing works for me. I doubt it's just bad luck, I'm very sure Webzen changed success rate. Recently ashtals fail a lot too now...

On the other hand I'm very lucky to refine for Stones lvl 6, 95% of times I get 1-3 Stones lvl 6 from every refine. If I fail once then 2nd time I get 2-3 Stones lvl 6. Let's say I'm just lucky with refine stones.
My problem are only Combined Vitality lvl 5 stones because are so fcking expensive. xD
Old 03/06/2013, 23:09   #25

I made two ranger Tops

First one.. 4 straight stones... last weekend

lastnight

2 stones in failed on 3rd.. reset top on 4th

Now Im in a holding pattern till I get enough gold... at 450 mill a stone...might be awhile

To quote Topgun " Maverick , Pattern is full"
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/06/2013, 23:16   #26

I failed a lot of stones lvl6 with using GREAT manual, in many different locations, many different ways to stone. So you can't say that with GREAT manuals stones never fail. That's Webzen nothing is for sure here
Old 03/06/2013, 23:20   #27

Received Thanks: 1,288
Logic would be a normal rate of 50% chance to fail. Meaning great fortune 10% chance to fail.

Would make sense and be just, you did spend the cc to buy their cash item.

A just Archlord that has features that make sense. One can dream.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/07/2013, 01:03   #28

elite*gold: 150
I do not know if you have this done or not, most people actually don't. But make sure you have the titles. There are titles to help the chance of success along with fortune and great fortune manuals.

Can not remember if it was just for refining or reinforcement.
Old 03/07/2013, 01:14   #29

Do u have titles for combined stones?
Old 03/07/2013, 03:04   #30

the sucess rate is probably different for every lvl stone. a lvl 1 stone probably has a higher sucess rate then a lvl 5 stone