Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 15:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[PROBLEM] Computer HANGS after AL launch

Discussion on [PROBLEM] Computer HANGS after AL launch within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [PROBLEM][FIXED] Computer HANGS after AL launch

Hi all,

since thursday (after the update) my computer freezes/hangs after archlord launch and doesnt respond, left it on for 10 mins each time and it didnt not respond in that time, force restart was needed.

Any fix/advice is welcomed and much appreciated =D

Best regards,
luluyaya

PS: Computer is running Win 7 (x86), Kaspersky PURE 2.0, hardware specs are adequate.
Old 08/11/2012, 19:39   #2

Hey, Did you run your AL client in windowed mode?
Try this:
run task manager before you start the game and watch the game respond, or any pop ups.
If it is the one which freeze I suggest reinstall the game.
Hope it will work
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2012, 19:41   #3

in which stage of the AL launch does it freeze ( starting GG, starting the game itself, starting from webpage ...) ?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/11/2012, 20:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF-imdoinyamom View Post
in which stage of the AL launch does it freeze ( starting GG, starting the game itself, starting from webpage ...) ?
it freezes after the GG screen, the screen disappears and no window opens then the computer slowly stops responding (1st mozilla, then every window opened in explorer including task manager, even the system clock stops workingxD)
Old 08/11/2012, 20:17   #5

delete gameguard folder and try again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2012, 21:03   #6

try looking if you ram usage doesn't raise too much, for some reason i experienced that once (but with star wars:the old republic) otherwise it might be a driver problem (check vcard drivers)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2012, 21:46   #7

Add gameguard modules to trusted group and to exclusions in Kaspersky. Maybe Gameguard were updated and new modules are messed up with KP.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2012, 22:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by botpet View Post
Add gameguard modules to trusted group and to exclusions in Kaspersky. Maybe Gameguard were updated and new modules are messed up with KP.
Thx, did try that, didnt work so I disabled AV started AL and then reenabled AV and it works for now. Will try later with adding the file in system32 to exclusions.
Old 08/11/2012, 23:06   #9

So problem is with GameGuard vs Kaspersky Pure. Add the whole Archlord folder to the exclusion list. Add the alefclient.exe, Archlord.exe, GameGuard.des, ggerror.des, npggNT.des, npgg9x.des, npgmup.des, npsc.des, ggsig.des, ggscan.des, GameMon.des files to the Trusted group in Application Control and check if the exclusion options are correct (last tab in the file properties in Kaspersky).
I believe this should help.
Old 08/12/2012, 06:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by botpet View Post
So problem is with GameGuard vs Kaspersky Pure. Add the whole Archlord folder to the exclusion list. Add the alefclient.exe, Archlord.exe, GameGuard.des, ggerror.des, npggNT.des, npgg9x.des, npgmup.des, npsc.des, ggsig.des, ggscan.des, GameMon.des files to the Trusted group in Application Control and check if the exclusion options are correct (last tab in the file properties in Kaspersky).
I believe this should help.
cool. The problem was with the last file in the system32 folder, now its fixed. =D

FIXED.

# close thread
Thanks
1 User