Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 14:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ashtals/scions? all classes

Discussion on Ashtals/scions? all classes within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/08/2011, 01:44   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
If you make a scion sorc you're asking to get your ass whooped. Sorcs go full ashtal, reason = I have 11300 hp (with a BG top, without a party) and last episode I hit knights my level for 3600-4000 max. Why would you want more damage, you'll just be a pushover in any real pvp (involving stun, halt, mass pvp fights)?

I speak about last episode now, but I fought all scion sorcs, their damage was pretty but they die faster than I can say peanutbutterjellytime. Doesn't matter if someone hits you harder, when you recover more than he does.

What I do, and what I suggest for sorcs, is that you make an extra pair of gaunts/boots and fill those with scion stones. If your target is fully party buffed and hard to kill, you switch equip and pummel his ass.

Hunter: Scion
Mage: Ashtal
Archer: Scion
Ele: Ashtal
Swash: Ashtal
Ranger: Ashtal
Scion: Ashtal

Voldy's contribution for the day. Vols tell you to "try for yourself"? Bietch I'll tell you what's what and you know it
I'm not so sure Voldy. I have built a Summoner that can peel open Godlike Knights like a banana and face plant them nicely.

Sorcs fall like rain before me and squeal like girlies.

High level uber hunters die as well.

This is without HH stun or anything. There are more Dragons starting to come on now after people have realised their potential after the initial put down of the whole race as a failure.

A decent Summoner can catch any player, and also outrun any player

Try to run from me on your mount and i will just whip past you and plant myself in front and wait for you to catch up, smile and put you down.

Sorc might often Halt me but I will be away long before you can kill me.

I can zip in to range and plant Lose Mind on you, lay in a string of good damage fast and zip away and repeat. Even when a slow lands on me, i can often be hard to keep up with.

With Lose Mind in place on a Sorc, I will open it up like ripe fruit.

This is no idle boast, just the facts Voldy. My Summoner may die on occassion, but it is invariably to in a fight with 5 or more players.

Fear the Dragon (if it's a good 'un)

Scions in Weapons and some Ashtals in the armour where appropriate, so it's both for me, but mostly Scions.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2011, 02:58   #32

scion sux...
Old 09/08/2011, 11:52   #33

Received Thanks: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apnean View Post
I'm not so sure Voldy. I have built a Summoner that can peel open Godlike Knights like a banana and face plant them nicely.

Sorcs fall like rain before me and squeal like girlies.

High level uber hunters die as well.

This is without HH stun or anything. There are more Dragons starting to come on now after people have realised their potential after the initial put down of the whole race as a failure.

A decent Summoner can catch any player, and also outrun any player

Try to run from me on your mount and i will just whip past you and plant myself in front and wait for you to catch up, smile and put you down.

Sorc might often Halt me but I will be away long before you can kill me.

I can zip in to range and plant Lose Mind on you, lay in a string of good damage fast and zip away and repeat. Even when a slow lands on me, i can often be hard to keep up with.

With Lose Mind in place on a Sorc, I will open it up like ripe fruit.

This is no idle boast, just the facts Voldy. My Summoner may die on occassion, but it is invariably to in a fight with 5 or more players.

Fear the Dragon (if it's a good 'un)

Scions in Weapons and some Ashtals in the armour where appropriate, so it's both for me, but mostly Scions.
a) I run faster than my mount too :P (not with my pvp equip, but I've got all sorts of stuff to do all sorts of things)

b) If you run, sorcs have 5 slows to slow you down, narc you, fear you. I'm not the runner type, so I usually just wait for them to come back. Benefits of having good range.

c) I just feel like scions (the race) has kickass damage already, don't need any more cause there's nothing they can't kill. I've always said, that if there's nothing you can't kill, you should focus on not getting killed yourself. That's why ashtals are my pick for scions (the race), since they can have like... 15k hp easy.
Old 09/08/2011, 12:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
a) I run faster than my mount too :P (not with my pvp equip, but I've got all sorts of stuff to do all sorts of things)

b) If you run, sorcs have 5 slows to slow you down, narc you, fear you. I'm not the runner type, so I usually just wait for them to come back. Benefits of having good range.

c) I just feel like scions (the race) has kickass damage already, don't need any more cause there's nothing they can't kill. I've always said, that if there's nothing you can't kill, you should focus on not getting killed yourself. That's why ashtals are my pick for scions (the race), since they can have like... 15k hp easy.
I look at speed on a Summoner as an attack skill, so i have built on that as a PVP skill. Why on earth would anyone want to go toe to toe with a good Knight / Zerk when you could keep distance and attack from there instead!

On a PVP run i will often have 340+ speed on. Average is 270+. Wish i had bought one of those on/off wing thingies when they were available.

For some reason, Sorcs other slows rarely seem to land on me. Halt does often. Maybe they are all relying on Halt, and get disappointed when I zip off into the distance, and come at them from the opposite direction cause I looped around to come up from the opposite direction I disappeared in

Lots of player do give chase, and I just run till Halt wears off, and prop and wait for them to catch up usually. Sometimes they don't continue and turn back, and I zoom back onto them as they are trotting away from me. Their guard is sometimes down as they might think I have run off for good, and they are easier to kill then.

Cooldown Knights are fun. They give chase and have good spurts of speed available, but keep stopping to keep Godlike buffed. The moment they stop that behaviour, I know they are leaving gaps in that buff for me to sneak Lose Mind into, and the peeling process can begin if it lands on them.

The other option I use is to turn back when I am out of sight, and our combined closing speed can be huge (550+) and I have layed in a string of skills before they realise its happened.

This is the tactics of Movement Speed. Its something noobs cry about, and demand that I 'stand and fight'

I am fighting - get used to it. Its something Summoners have to develop anyway, cause we have no stun or slow skills of our own at all (excluding HH) so we have to be that much faster than other players/mobs to simulate a slow effect.

Like you said Voldy, If you have the damage to kill your opponent already, concentrate on staying alive yourself. Agree totally.

I have other tactics for breaking away from a stun/crit situation if I do get caught like that. Not telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljko86 View Post
scion sux...
You need lessons perhaps?
Old 09/08/2011, 13:42   #35

No, I know if you work on it and build it good it can rly PWNS its just.. too wierd to play it, you could have 120 scion and spent like 10 hrs of lvling with him because all glithces with that class, thats why I dont like it so much..
Old 09/08/2011, 13:45   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljko86 View Post
scion sux...
if u are a good scion and u are a good player u can make every class and pwn every1... ofc u can have classes that are stronger than u any1 but u r still hard for em...