Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 02:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

packet question.

Discussion on packet question. within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
packet question.

Alright i got this idea of for example sending a packet to the server,
that says open storage ^^
Now i got the packets itself but everytime i try to send it, it just freezes me..
I still see everyone move but I cant move.
I was thinking well a filter would work but it wont have any use to me because then i would need a replacement packet wich would be useless for example ur killing monsters and OOPS ur out of space in inventory or whatever reason i have
I think I know what the problem is just dont know the solution..
See when i send the packet te server receives it for sure and i think when i freeze its just client side freeze i think others would still see me move this makes me think that i need some kind of refreshing packet? You know where im getting at?

I might be totally wrong.. But hey im trying ^^
And id like some help with this.. Wouldnt it be great if ur lvling and u run out of pots and can just buy new at the place u stand?
Old 12/31/2007, 09:02   #2

bump
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2007, 11:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
Alright i got this idea of for example sending a packet to the server,
that says open storage ^^
Now i got the packets itself but everytime i try to send it, it just freezes me..
I still see everyone move but I cant move.
I was thinking well a filter would work but it wont have any use to me because then i would need a replacement packet wich would be useless for example ur killing monsters and OOPS ur out of space in inventory or whatever reason i have
I think I know what the problem is just dont know the solution..
See when i send the packet te server receives it for sure and i think when i freeze its just client side freeze i think others would still see me move this makes me think that i need some kind of refreshing packet? You know where im getting at?

I might be totally wrong.. But hey im trying ^^
And id like some help with this.. Wouldnt it be great if ur lvling and u run out of pots and can just buy new at the place u stand?
I think you need to recheck the packets you're sending

I've gotten parts working already where i can access shops from anywhere, and i can also move my character. The problem I found is that AL packets that you send are sequentially marked.... so if you send packet 0054, the next logical one would be 0055, but since the game doesn't know you sent a packet, itll only "resend" a packet marked 0054. Too lazy to experiment further as I don't much care to implement any type of this functionality, but I found that sometimes it'll drop you or the game'll crash.

PS: So far I haven't found any challenge-response type authentication of any sorts, but then again, perhaps that's why i get dropped
Thanks
1 User