Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Apex Legends
You last visited: Today at 17:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DMA On a Laptop

Discussion on DMA On a Laptop within the Apex Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DMA On a Laptop

Have anyone tried running DMA on a laptop thru thunderbolt adaptor? Basically connecting external pcie to thunderbolt and DMA to it?
Old 08/31/2023, 13:33   #2

elite*gold: 9
yes. you connect thunderbolt and power to the adapter and you get pci at the output
Old 08/31/2023, 17:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoxa View Post
yes. you connect thunderbolt and power to the adapter and you get pci at the output
Yea that's exactly what I've thought. Just been thinking if it would work that way
Old 11/15/2023, 18:30   #4

Were you able to get gaming laptop to run DMA? I'm having issues with mine. I think I have some DMA protection or something turned on that I need turned off.
Old 11/22/2023, 19:17   #5

elite*gold: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortwatch2000 View Post
Were you able to get gaming laptop to run DMA? I'm having issues with mine. I think I have some DMA protection or something turned on that I need turned off.
On the radar pc you don't need to go in bios etc to modify things. Just make sure your usb port is USB 3.0+ and that you have a good cable.
If you use the laptop as a main pc, you need to disable VT-D, IQMMU etc etc. Make sure your fw supports your winver as well. Ask your DMA provider for support, he should help you.

Errors can comes from your main pc setup or your board.
If you still have issues, contact your DMA provider, he should help you to fix all errors.
Old 11/25/2023, 02:19   #6

Pcie lanes pushe way more power than a laptop battery can are you sure that the dma board will even be supplied sufficient power?

Laptop Battery
Output Voltage: 11-20 volts(for the entire system not per connected device)
Laptop Wattage Usage: Varies based on laptop model, but usually in the range of 20-100 watts depending on the workload.
Laptop Bandwidth (data transfer rates):Ranges from a few megabytes per second for basic tasks to several gigabytes per second for high-performance applications.
Motherboard Power Capability:
VOLTAGE: PCI Express (PCIe) typically operates at a voltage of 3.3 volts. It's worth noting that while the standard voltage is 3.3V, the actual power consumption and voltage requirements of devices connected to PCIe slots can vary.
Wattage:Varies based on the motherboard, typically several tens of watts for motherboard components.
PCIe Lanes on Motherboard
Bandwidth: Ranges from a few gigabytes per second to tens of gigabytes per second