Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Apex Legends
You last visited: Today at 16:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ID Verification for cheats

Discussion on ID Verification for cheats within the Apex Legends forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ID Verification for cheats

I'm new to this so bear with me. Can someone please explain to me why does cheat providers need private info on you to just purchase the cheat? Such as Driver's license or Passport ID. It's a bit too much info to give to someone random if I say so myself. Aren't there other options of verifying the legitimacy of someone? Thank you in advance.
Old 01/31/2021, 11:24   #2

it "helps security" but honestly it doesn't even matter.

anticheat devs still get a hold of the exe either way if the cheat is public.
Old 01/31/2021, 12:31   #3

elite*gold: 47
The Black Market: 445/0/0
It's for a sense of security. Useless in the end, but I guess it makes some people feel better.

Fake ID scans aren't that expensive to buy, so if some anti-cheat developer really wants in he will get in either way.
Old 02/08/2021, 08:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCyler View Post
It's for a sense of security. Useless in the end, but I guess it makes some people feel better.

Fake ID scans aren't that expensive to buy, so if some anti-cheat developer really wants in he will get in either way.
In other words nothin better than ecycler chams tbh 1yr n counting
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/24/2023, 11:05   #5

The reason they request IDs like driver's licenses or passports is often to minimize the risk of scams and fraud, ensuring that they're dealing with legitimate customers. This is their way of verifying the identity of those purchasing their services. If you're still on the hunt for information or want to delve deeper into the topic of virtual IDs and their uses, you might find the source I mentioned earlier helpful: . It could provide insights into potential alternatives or ways to protect your privacy while engaging in such transactions.
Old 11/24/2023, 13:04   #6

so they can dox u if they want to, somewhen in the future
Old 11/25/2023, 03:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by runishi View Post
I'm new to this so bear with me. Can someone please explain to me why does cheat providers need private info on you to just purchase the cheat? Such as Driver's license or Passport ID. It's a bit too much info to give to someone random if I say so myself. Aren't there other options of verifying the legitimacy of someone? Thank you in advance.
NEVER release your identity online to anyone.
Can be used against you in many malicious matters, totally not worth it imo.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2023, 11:39   #8

elite*gold: 2
In some sense, it's for security. This also minimizes the risk of fraud, chargebacks and etc.
Old 12/01/2023, 21:08   #9

They do it mostly for their own security, because some peoples might chargeback as other peoples said or try to reverse their product for example (just my guess)