[DEVE] Redux Website Project Development

09/28/2016 21:06 SuperDaft#16
This is the first time of me seeing the website. It looks nice.
09/28/2016 23:20 turk55#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I don't know about u but when I was learning how to code I wasn't exactly doing heaps of research either rather than simply googling how to do certain things. How do it optimally or professionally wasn't even a thought at the time just "oh, I got it working! Awesome!"

I'm not* trying to justify the way that he's doing things either, just more so pointing out the standard of epvp (which I'm guilty to contributing to) where its just the norm. to shit on people who are trying to learn lol

That's part of the reason I never started posting until I was confident in myself.
That is actually what I did and still do... First get it working then clean up and improve the written code.
Obviously the quality of the code I write now is better.
09/29/2016 02:43 - D#18
pdo is more secure and easy way to make a full frames with little lines
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

but my dev going to be simple for none skills of php
to run co project u haven't to be prof in php lmao
09/29/2016 03:03 pro4never#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by - D View Post
pdo is more secure and easy way to make a full frames with little lines

but my dev going to be simple for none skills of php
to run co project u haven't to be prof in php lmao
I'm not just piling on the 'yell at random people' bandwagon but if you're going to run a co project you sure as hell better be a competent programmer.

No matter what language you are using, googling a bit of PHP code should be well within their grasp. Languages differ obviously in syntax but in core approaches are usually quite similar. Expecting someone who's running a server to be able to read a few lines of code, google them and understand is a very, very low entry point.
09/29/2016 11:27 _Emme_#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
edit: u guys r probably like whoa wtf infamous was nice who is this guy
No one ever said that. <3

OP: If you start thinking about structure and usability, PHP will be a lot more smoother for you.

When it comes to your DB connection, but as I'm sure you're well aware of at this point; don't use mysql_*, it's deprecated and it's literally one more letter (mysqli) and you're running mysqli. Use this with prepared queries and normal sanitizing of inputs and you're set.

Don't define your connection on top of the file. Instead, pass along a global variable (the connection) wherever it's needed. Globals are highly controversial, so read up on it and decide for yourself.

And yeah.. Split front and backend. Don't echo out html. Don't run php-queries inside a huge html block. Best case scenario would be MVC - where you have a templates folder with just the different parts of front end, views folder with db-connection to load data and controller to save (register etc)
09/29/2016 17:21 - D#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Emme_ View Post
No one ever said that. <3

OP: If you start thinking about structure and usability, PHP will be a lot more smoother for you.

When it comes to your DB connection, but as I'm sure you're well aware of at this point; don't use mysql_*, it's deprecated and it's literally one more letter (mysqli) and you're running mysqli. Use this with prepared queries and normal sanitizing of inputs and you're set.

Don't define your connection on top of the file. Instead, pass along a global variable (the connection) wherever it's needed. Globals are highly controversial, so read up on it and decide for yourself.

And yeah.. Split front and backend. Don't echo out html. Don't run php-queries inside a huge html block. Best case scenario would be MVC - where you have a templates folder with just the different parts of front end, views folder with db-connection to load data and controller to save (register etc)
examples ?
09/29/2016 21:49 turk55#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by - D View Post
examples ?

As for front end

09/29/2016 23:22 KraHen#23
There's a fun game, pick a random noun, add .js to it and search for this. If there's a frontend library named that, take a shot.