[PK2 TOOL] BMS Model converter

01/11/2017 17:28 dayeddd#466
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrytje View Post
Oof it's a long time ago since I did this, judging from the picture I believe you want model group drop_reinf, material drop_reinforce_recipe, and since this model is not animated as far as I know, type weapon will do.
BEFORE ANYTHING, I'M A BEGINNER!!

Alright, so I wanna learn model editing a bit. First tried to do this :
,but Im getting immediate dc when loggin in.
Then I tried to change the color of certain textures, which also ended up getting immediate dc.
Also, when I tried out the srobj plugin, I was able to import, but not to export.[I can upload screenshot about that if needed, but no matter what I try to edit I can't log in with the finished item]

Any help would be appreciated!
P.S. I quoted perry cuz the last thing he said was almost 2 years ago and Im hoping he notices it.
07/11/2017 08:32 Ɗoc#467
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...], First of all if you have changed the .bms and not just edited the texture.
- Make sure you exported with the correct settings.
- Open the bms you are replacing with hex editor and as you are converting from Obj/Srobj back to bms write the material and model group. Its located at the top of the file. Model group first then the material. ( The only 2 words u will see probably )
-You will need to install both addons and activate them. If u are sure you did that correctly. Use blender2.63


@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] Yes, The issue is with the tool perry gave. Sadly he has miscalculations in his tool. It miscalculates some mesh parts and vertices.
Hope that was helpful anyways, Gl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary-Network View Post
I think something wrong with the converter, When I convert the original weapon it shows in blender but it's size each time is different.
When I try to login I get crash.. while it's the original weapon without any edits

Export settings was

-Selection Only
- Include normals
- Include Uvs
- Triangulate face ( tried with and without ) same issue

Import settings was

deselect everything except Keep vertical order ( Poly group )

is there something wrong with those?

btw Iam using US version and blender ver 2.63

I am 100% sure the issue here is the model group and material. Make sure you copy them correctly. Also The material MIGHT have an extra character/number at the end. Do NOT write it.
07/11/2017 08:51 EliteForce23#468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ɗoc View Post


@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] Yes, The issue is with the tool perry gave. Sadly he has miscalculations in his tool. It miscalculates some mesh parts and vertices.
Hope that was helpful anyways, Gl
Appreciate the feedback even though it has been a while! I was porting models to play around with in Unreal Engine 4 and was sad when I ran into this issue as I was half way through rebuilding Jangan.
07/13/2017 16:54 Play-Sro#469
good
08/28/2017 16:24 shovelend#470
Are you still playing around with it in UE4?
I've just started to do the same. It'd be nice to put this game onto a much better engine/revamp/refactor some stuff.
If you are still interested, please message me on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteForce23 View Post
Appreciate the feedback even though it has been a while! I was porting models to play around with in Unreal Engine 4 and was sad when I ran into this issue as I was half way through rebuilding Jangan.
09/14/2017 15:30 Daddel111#471
The buildings are pretty simple in structure. You can easily take the texture from the pk2 and build the buildings from scratch. I know this doesn't help you (sorry) , but maybe it gives you an idea.
01/19/2018 19:23 EliteForce23#472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddel111 View Post
The buildings are pretty simple in structure. You can easily take the texture from the pk2 and build the buildings from scratch. I know this doesn't help you (sorry) , but maybe it gives you an idea.
This is ultimately what I was doing before I remembered that there was a tool that could pull models, it was just to make the workflow easier because building assets is time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelend View Post
Are you still playing around with it in UE4?
I've just started to do the same. It'd be nice to put this game onto a much better engine/revamp/refactor some stuff.
If you are still interested, please message me on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Cheers.
I began doing this with the intent of taking my passion for SRO as a child to learn level design on UE4 and eventually rigging models and using it to make cinematic videos for private servers with way better visuals.

As far as porting the entire game, it'd take a massive effort and I only know basic programming and enjoy making 3D models in my spare time but outside of that I havent done much.
04/24/2018 19:44 Machern123#473
I got the Problem that my UV map gets changed. what am i doing wrong?
10/07/2018 17:14 sonzenbi#474
Results after me re converter models after converter with bms tools
I think this tools is not working good with complex models
any help pls ...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
10/13/2018 16:44 Swerve!#475
good idea but i dont like this desgin
thanks for information
02/15/2019 17:18 tanquang#476
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrytje View Post
I've had this for a while, and wasn't doing anything useful with it, so I decided to release it to the public.

This tool allows you to convert model files from silkroad's data.pk2 to files that can be read by blender, and can also convert these files back. That means this tool allows you to put custom weapons in the game.
(For example, I pulled this prank with it: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] )

You can download it here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] With US support

Blender 2.6+ needs other import/export scripts, replace the old ones with these:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I want to thank some people for helping me one way or another:
Qynchou(/lopasas), drakek(/ni), npcdoom, Klevre, Synx and Drew Benton.

Now it does go with a manual, so please READ THIS before you use it, and read it again before asking any questions.

Manual:

Short interface overview:

Import and Export settings to use with Blender:

Extended manual on how to import a mesh into silkroad:

Multibone Update:

Info:
This new version uses a couple of blender plugins to convert to and from a modified wavefront file format (blabla). What you can do with it is edit models that move ingame. Editing both parts of a multi-file mesh can be done, but is very buggy and not reccommended. I'm talking about stuff like mobs/armors/avatars etc. An important thing to remember is that the models are still influenced by the same animation-skeleton. This means you can't just change the sizes of models.

An example of what you can do with this version:

Extra Manual:

Installing:

How to use:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but if it's in the manual I might get mad!

PS: THIS RELEASE HAS BARELY BEEN DEBUGGED, SO ERRORS MIGHT (and probably will) OCCUR!

*RESERVED FOR FAQ*

EDIT: If you happen to make something with this, drop a screenshot, I'm curious what people are going to come up with!
The image link is dead! In addition, which Blender scripts can be used on which version of Blender? :handsdown:
10/05/2019 01:17 cristianxi#477
anyone have these extensions for the blender 2.80 ?
10/05/2019 23:17 hoangphan7#478
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianxi View Post
anyone have these extensions for the blender 2.80 ?
Same like #1.
10/31/2019 20:58 haydut46#479
I'm not doing anything yet it doesn't work
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
12/26/2019 22:47 yurka333#480
Guess I can help with dead pictures because years ago i've saved first page as web archive.
Just open it with browser (google chrome didn't work for me tho but everything fine with internet explorer).