Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 11:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Interview with the first Abyss Rank 14 player

Discussion on Interview with the first Abyss Rank 14 player within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
Interview with the first Abyss Rank 14 player

really interesting interview =)

my favourite parts are highlighted blue

translation by zornhau (aionsource.com):

Hello everyone at Aionsource! As a Christmas gift, I give you translation of TIG article. Enjoy.

“Guardian” (수호신장), the ultimate transformation!
Discussion with Lieutenant General (Abyss rank 14) Hayaden.
(FYI, 수호 means defense and 신장 means extension. 신장 didn’t make sense in this context, so I went to the Chinese characters to pick out the best guess definition which would be 신 that means new and 장which means boss/head person etc. I just settled for “guardian” in this situation instead of “new defense boss.” ;-) )

“This is Aion” has interviewed Asmodae Hayaden who can transform by using “guardian,” a skill acquired from gathering about 700k Abyss points. Hayaden is affiliated with “Devil” legion in Rumiel server, and we interviewed him to ask about “guardian” transformation and what other skills he uses.
/ Narukun

Q> Please introduce yourself and your legion.
I’m a 26 year-old student who lives in Taegu and is in “Devil” legion. The guiding principle of “Devil” legion is friendship and raids, and there are lots of good members within our legion.

Q> It’s amazing that you’ve gathered this much Abyss point being a student. Any secret tips?
There’s nothing special. Just running the Abyss like an outcast.

Q> How long did it take from private (9 급병 (AR 1)) to lieutenant general (5 성장교)?
I’ve already reached the rank of lieutenant (AR 6) during open beta. Also I reached rank of major (AR 9) two weeks ago. 1 week ago I got colonel rank (AR 11). And this week I attained lieutenant general.
(FYI, they are using the typical “Go” ranking system where you go from 9 (lowest) to 1 (highest) beginner aka soldier rank and 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) professional aka officer rank before switching to other titles.)

Q> How many Abyss points do you average per day?
This week, I didn’t want to stop at rank of major general (AR 13), so I played a bit too much. Using the time when I was a colonel as basis, I gained about 30 to 40k per day on average. I gathered about 1993 kills last week (almost ½ his total kills hence his comment about playing too much).

Q> Isn’t it difficult to gather points? Also, do you think it’s possible to reach Hero (direct translation of Korean title is “Supreme Commander”) rank (AR 18)?
When you die as a colonel, you lose 1600 points. I died about 3 times a day, so I thought it would get more difficult after reaching lieutenant general. However after I experienced “guardian” transformation, I think reaching hero rank is achievable. Also if you really want me to pick out the most difficult part of reaching this point, it’s Abyss meteor shower. Just last week, I got hit with meteors 3 times and died.

Q> Have you died after transformation?
No. As long as there is no sudden attack that causes instant death, I don’t die. Also, I don’t die after getting hit by meteors. I’m most happy about that.

Q> Then let me ask about “guardian” transformation. How do you feel after the transformation?
In one word, inspiration (Btw 사기 can also mean a con, malicious, poison, etc; considering that he seems very happy w/ the skill I think heightened morale aka inspiration makes the most sense. Don’t you agee? ^^) (can also mean over-powered). With 1 hour cool-time, it’s possible to be transformed for 20 minutes. I don’t know if it’s because of being a cleric, but I have about 86k hp and 150k mp. Also, during the transformation, there is an alert throughout the server that “Hayaden has transformed.” And when you use rank skills, “Hayaden has used X skill at Y location.” message appears making it very noisy. Since you use a skill every 20 sec, it becomes kind of annoying. However, “guardian” transformation is only possible in the Abyss.

Q> Does the flight time increases when you transform?
No. It’s the same before or after transformation.

Q> Tell us about the powers after “guardian” transformation?
In the lower level of Abyss, it’s possible to take an artifact solo. Also, you get a skill called “Tempest of Abyss” in which you do self-targeted AoE physical damage of 1115-1175 of up to max 6 targets. Of course, cool-time is 20 sec.

Q> It must be powerful to use “Tempest of Abyss” during siege. How is it?
It’s best to use it both offensively and defensively during a siege. Since you use it every 20 sec, many enemies fall before you. You can gather many Abyss points this way.

Q> What do you think about “Song of Destruction” which has been criticized lately?
“Song of Destruction” skill also breaks balance. I wish they nerf this power quickly. Or let people recover just by using potion of healing.

Q> How powerful is “Song of Destruction?”
I got about 30k Abyss points using this skill. Once you get hit, if you don’t have a cleric in your party, you are as good as dead. It affects a wide area that can include 18 targets. Of course, few people will have resisted the effects.

Q> Are you satisfied with Aion?
I am somewhat satisfied with Aion. However, I think character balance is a major problem. Overall, characters die too quickly except for templars and clerics. Furthermore, enchant stone itself is too powerful.

Q> Enchant stones are too powerful? Why is that?
All enchant (aka divine) stones are too powerful. Once enchant stone effect takes place, it’s not possible to remove. Enchant stone effects have high chance to hit and long duration. I was able to achieve this many Abyss points because of the power of enchant stones. I’ve been swapping between silence and blindness enchant stones (I’m assuming 2 weapons w/ one stone ea).

Q> Any last words?
There’s something I really wanted to say. That Abyss doesn’t have any merit. There are only up to level 40 monsters. When level 41+ monsters are introduced and powerful merit (incentive?) is present, people will come, and battles will be more enjoyable. However with current status, Abyss is only a space for level 40 characters to enjoy. I hope the developers put more thought into this problem.

Source:

Old 01/01/2009, 16:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
Tolles Interview, hat man mal nähere Informationen zum PvP, aber 86k HP und 150k MP ist schon heftig.. Wie soll man den denn bitte im PvP umhaun, wenn er auch noch Kleriker ist, da müssen ja 20 Mann kommen, selbst dann wär´s schwer..
Old 01/01/2009, 16:39   #3

elite*gold: 10
naja du kennst ja jetzt nicht unbedingt die relationen wieviel hp mana / normale spieler haben bzw wieviel schaden sie austeilen
Old 01/01/2009, 16:47   #4

Ja stimmt, aber bisher habe ich immer nur so ~100 Dmg gesehen, klar, sie sind im Low Level Bereich (vermute ich mal), aber in dieser Relation erscheint mir die 86k als unendlich viel
Andererseits, klingt es nach wirklich sehr viel, denn er schrieb ja auch, dass er nicht wüsse ob es am Kleriker liegt dass er so viel hat oder nicht.. Ansonsten hätte er sicher noch das Wort "just" mit eingebracht, wenn´s nicht viel wäre ..
Nebenbei, freut mich dass, wenn das viel ist, da ich auch vor habe einen Kleriker zu spielen
Old 01/02/2009, 19:43   #5

elite*gold: 70
The Black Market: 376/0/0
Received Thanks: 12,406
Auf level 40 macht man glaub ich mind. 2k Schaden, falls ich mich noch richtig entsinne.

Wird schon alles seine Balance haben.
Old 01/02/2009, 19:47   #6

Weißt du auch wie hoch die durchschnittliche Heilung eines Klerikers bei diesem Level sein wird?
Bisher war das höchste was ich von einem Kleriker gesehen habe um die 970HP die geheilt wurden.
Wenn der durchschnittliche Schaden dann etwa 2k beträgt, dann muss die Heilung doch höher sein oder?